“Fun Day out on the water - variety of fish caught” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 23 Activities in Cape Canaveral
Type: Boat Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: The Orlando Princess & The Canaveral Star II Fishing Boats go Deep Sea Fishing every day (weather permitting). We offer Half Days, Full Days, Night Shark Trips (March - Oct), and Private Charters. All of our fishing trips are fun for the entire family! We fish for Grouper, Cobia, Sea Bass, Flounder, Triggerfish, Mahi-Mahi, Mangrove Snapper, Red Snapper, Kingfish, Amberjack, Sharks and much more. We are a family owned company and truly gear our service to families!!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Cocoa Beach, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“Fun Day out on the water - variety of fish caught”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

The captain stopped at several spots to allow for better fishing. Many caught fish (grouper, flounder, red snapper (not in season and so had to be thrown back), bass (many small) and lots of sharks (~ 2 1/2 feet), remora, oyster cracker (one), pineda, and one eel! Of course, not all were edible but the variety was nice. There was no shortage of help for the gear/crossed lines and there was plenty of bait. It was very hot/sunny and so sun protection and keeping hydrated were important. The breakfast/lunch (full day trip) were good and the unlimited soda/beer/drinking water (bottle water costs extra) was appreciated. The crew acknowledged that over the past 2 weeks, the number of fish caught had declined (seasonal/weather), but we were pleased with our experience and had a great day. The boat was clean/well-maintained with clean restrooms and inside cooler areas if needed. On the trip out/back, the sun was beating directly on us, and the indoor area was crowded with those escaping the heat, but our cooler (filled w/ chilled water) and broad-rimmed hats, made the outside ride fine. The boat was not at all rough, but some individuals did feel ill and were able to lie down inside. Most everyone seemed to have a great time. I would absolutely recommend this company.

Orlando, Florida
“Had a lot of fun, good experience, would do it again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We did the 1/2 day trip. It was a weekday so the boat was not terribly crowded. The crew was helpful and worked hard to make the experience fun for everyone. With the current, at times It is easy to get the lines tangled in the water but the crew never lost their cool and helped get things untangled and everyone back fishing as quick as possible when problems like that happened. The food was adequate what you would expect to get for a free lunch (we came to fish, not dine) and the unlimited free beer and soft drinks was nice. It was a very hot day and it was nice to have the unlimited beverages to stay hydrated. We caught a fair amount of fish - Kingfish, sharks and bass, Unfortunately, our best spot was the one we hit last. We would have caught even more fish but we ran out of time. The crew stayed and cleaned the fish for anyone that wanted to have that done. Would definitely use this company again.

Bountiful, Utah
3 attraction reviews
“Worth it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

We looked for lots of fishing charters and they were 300-600$! This half day trip was only 56$ included everything we needed as well as lunch and drinks! We caught two sharks and sea bass. Others on the boat caught a ton of flounder, bass and red snapper! The crew, Clark and Matt, were fabulous and very helpful. They even cleaned our fish and pointed us to a restraunt that would cook up our shark for us!

Tampa, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“Shark fishing rookie - loved it!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I took my mom and my 12 year old son shark fishing Saturday night, & we had a great time. We are not really fishermen (or women) & we did not know what to expect, but the crew was friendly & explained everything. I caught a shark!! & my mom caught 4!! We will definitely be doing this again!! The only (slight) complaint I have, is that there isn't much spacing between the people & poles. Great way to end a day at the beach!!

Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
11 attraction reviews
“Awesome CREW!!! Funny bathroom story...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

*** I have started putting up Autism Tips for those of us that have children with autism to give you a heads up on what you might need to bring or what you might encounter you'll see an ***AT*** at the start of any tip area.

***AT - be alert when you are about to take off we forgot our son's earplugs to block out sound the boat does have a pretty loud horn before taking off. Also, the engine on the pontoon half day is loud so please be aware of they are extremely sensitive to noise this may be an issue.

***AT - for those that have little ones that mimic words - :) - even though the Crew & Captain ask that the adults refrain from obscene language they do serve free beer on the trip. We encountered a "young lady" who was celebrating her 30th birthday with her and her friends dropping "F" bombs every few minutes. Just be aware that this might happen.

***AT & for those with allergies - my son is severely allergic to tobacco smoke - this is NOT a smoke free boat so please be aware of this. There is NOT a designate smoking area and most smokers do not realize that even though we are on the open water their odor does travel and does effect others. My son suffered 2 nose bleeds because of this - 1 on the boat and then 1 on the way home.

***AT - take Dramamine for motion sickness - it will slow the kids down a bit but it's better than them getting ill over the boat. I had to take 2.

What your trip includes:

Your fishing license, rod & reel, fish and squid bait, lunch, beer (21 & up), soda, tap water, and a friendly crew.

Bring cash for tips and to purchase additional snacks/food in the galley.

Bring your sunscreen and hats!

Bring your polarized sunglasses - it really helps.

If the boat is crowded and it might be - bring your patience.

Bring Dramamine - full strength.

Bring a towel to wipe off your hands, you can wrap it on the railing to keep it handy.

They do sell ice there if you forget to bring yours it was about $2.00 a bag.

On your way out they do have a sundeck that you can sit on top and take in the views if you like. Just be warned during the summer it is very hot. They warned us that week they had a couple of heat strokes because people didn't drink enough water. Please keep hydrated and if you need a break from the sun take it.

First of all the crew was awesome. I caught a shark!!! :) My first catch ever! I was thrilled! 2 of the crew members helped me to bring it in and they were super nice about it. I was super excited because I caught the largest shark on the trip. They will filet your catch after the trip - but please remember - these crew members work VERY HARD during their time on the vessel and they work for tips. We kept the head of the shark - I'm keeping the jaw as a souvenir.

You will bait your own hook - dress accordingly - You will smell like stinky fish and squid when you get off so I suggest taking a change of clothes. My son loved the eye popping out of the fish as we're putting in the hooks. I thought it was kinda cool too :)

The bathrooms are VERY SMALL on the boat. Now time for the funny story - I'm over sharing but this might help someone else on their trip. The boat was rocking and bopping pretty hard on our way out. Because of this the lock sometimes slip out of place on the door and it will FLING open. It would be wise to take a friend or relative along to hold the door in place. If I would have known I would have had someone on the other side of the door. :) If you're a larger person you will have a hard time fitting in their since there is not much space - I'm not trying to offend anyone - I just would like you to be forewarned what you will encounter. If the boat is rocking you will be bounced around - so be prepared.

So - peeing with a view of the ocean - priceless LOL Once in a lifetime and I hope to not do it again.

They do sell additional bait on the back of the boat - I didn't know this my husband informed me of this while we were having dinner after our trip.

Also, there is a place to have your fish cooked for you just a couple of shops down. I forget the name of it but if you ask the guys they will tell you the name of the place.

There was a manatee there by their filet station getting fresh water from the guys. I'm going to upload photos later but that was just a treasure of an experience.

Our trip came in a little bit late - the full day trip came in before us. We were able to see the 2 large ships - Carnival & Disney - moving out. The Carnival was the first one with dolphins playing in their wake - jumping out of the water - it was an awesome sight. The crew had on their huge Mickey hands waving at us as their going by. On both boats the passengers were waving at us too. Honestly - I think we had a better trip even though theirs was just beginning. (I caught an awesome shark - did I mention that already?!?!)

We did see a lot of dolphin, stingrays, and jellyfish on our trip. It was great to see the wild life in their natural habitat.

If you go during the week the boats aren't as crowded we heard. We will be going back but our son will stay with friends next time due to the smoking issue. If it wasn't for that he would go - he had a great time.

Your free lunch choices are: Hamburger, Cheeseburger, or Hotdog with chips. The free drinks are soda, tap water, and beer.

They have for an additional fee - bottled water, bagged chips, candy, hamburgers, cheeseburgers, hotdogs, popcorn, and other various snacks.

You can bring your own food and drinks - next time I'm packing a sandwich just because I'm not a huge burger or hotdog fan and I gave my food ticket away.

Our cook's name was Bell and she was a great lady. She cooks to order and it takes about 5 minutes or so for the items to cook and sometimes she has a line. Be patient - she is 1 person and does a great job. It's a small galley she does a wonderful job with the space.

On their "enclosed air conditioned lounge with TV's" it was WARM in there - it was actually cooler outside than it was inside. The TV's had static on them so please don't think you'll be able to place your kids in their to keep them occupied watching tv - it won't happen. If you need that option bring your I Pad or similar and have pre-downloaded movies or games for them to keep them entertained and a spare battery. We went there for the fishing and the sight seeing - not the galley or tv so we weren't disappointed.

At the end of the trip as the boat is coming in the guys come around the boat and thank everyone for coming out and pass their tip bucket around. Again, these guys work super hard - please tip them - they work on tips.

Everyone has a bad day every once in awhile - I've read some of the reviews - and we almost didn't go on the trip based on some of the reviews- I'm so HAPPY we went and formed our own opinions.

Pros: Wonderful views, excellent crew, license included, bait, tackle included., you can bring your own coolers, tackle and bait.

Cons: Warm galley, food selection. (It would be nice if they basoffered sandwiches as well) smoking is allowed on the boat.

What we would bring that we didn't: ear plugs, face mask to block out cigarette smoke, towel to wipe hands with, our own drinks & sandwiches.