“Nice Change of Pace” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex

Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex
State Road 405, between Range Road and East Avenue SW. Use the city Orsino with GPS., Cape Canaveral, FL 32899
+1 866-737-5235
Activities: Leisure education, Group tours/day tour, Group tours/bus tour
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex brings to life the epic story of the U.S. Space program, offering a full day or more of fun and educational activities, including the Kennedy Space Center Tour featuring the Apollo/Saturn V Center with an actual Saturn V moon rocket, the new Space Shuttle AtlantisSM, Shuttle Launch Experience(R), IMAX(R) Hubble 3D and Journey to Space films, Astronaut Encounter, Exploration Space(R): Explorers Wanted, Rocket Garden and many other interactive exhibits.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Preston
4 attraction reviews
“Nice Change of Pace”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

A nice easy drive out and very easy to locate made this a good start to the day. Costing around $50 per person to gain admission but as we spent over 9 hours here it was well worth it. The only downside for me was the lack of information when i rang to ask about a launch. Apart from that a nice change of pace from the the theme parks, highly recommended.

• Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Long Island, NY
“One of the highlights of our trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

The general admission price is a bit pricey, but totally worth every penny! When you first enter the center, it doesn't look like there is much there, and in fact, a lot of the beginning stops were not that great, especially Angry Birds. The new Atlantis exhibit was totally breathtaking & I cannot imagine this center without it. It is truly the highlight of the entire center. Included in admission is a bus tour, which is a major part of this visit & you need to take it! There are 2 stops, the Gantry stop & Appollo stop. I say to save time, totally skip the Gantry stop & stay on the bus for the Appollo stop only. There is nothing at the Gantry stop other than someplace to climb up high & see everything you have already seen on your bus tour & drive in. The Appollo stop is the other highlight & especially the presentation therein. It is easy to miss the presentation as it is hard to see, as the doors remain closed inbetween presentations & but wait outside as it is totally worth it. There are two 3D movies included. The Hubbell movie was absolutely amazing! The other one, forgot the name, Space something,was extremely boring & a waste and we walked out before it was over. Overall, we spent 7 hours at the complex. You do need almost an entire day to see this center - the website recommends 8 hrs, with one hour built-in for lunch and that is spot on. We had a quick lunch, only about 10 minutes. There are 2 eateries there to buy a quick bite to eat. Overall, highly recommend as it is educational & awe-inspiring for both young & old. If you are in the Orlando area & especially have school-aged children, do not miss this place!

Florida
142 attraction reviews
“Well Worth the Time and $$”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Allow at least six hours to see the highlights of this tourist attraction. The site is loaded with fascinating historic displays and artifacts. The new Atlantis display is breathtaking. The Imax I theater gets you as close as possible to an actual visit inside the international space station. The launch simulator is fun (and not nearly as dreadful as the hype. Your glasses and hat won't fly off, nor will your coins spill from your pockets.)
$50 admission ($40 child) is well worth it and gets you into most everything. Seniors get a $4 discount. People who don't speak English can purchase foreign language headset guides for eight languages.
Parking is $10. You could spend an additional $30 and have lunch with an astronaut, or you can buy tour upgrades, but you'll need at least two days to fit in anything else added to the general admission tour. Several gift shops on site have really interesting, out of the ordinary souvenirs.
The only negative at Kennedy Space Center is the food, which is very overpriced and absolutely awful. Eat well before you arrive so you can live on popcorn and ice cream during your visit.

3 attraction reviews
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Spent 2 days at Kennedy. Atlantis exhibit is amazing. So well presented and the "reveal" is so well done. Exhibit is staffed by some ex Shuttle staff so their knowledge is second to none. Shuttle Launch Experience is also worthwhile. Not as intense as made out (especially if you've been riding the coasters in Orlando) but still good and gives you an idea of what it feels like to launch. You probably need at least half a day to do this credit. Second day did the Mega Tour to the VAB and Pad 39b. This was well worth the money. Taken inside the VAB - it is as immense as it looks - and you get very close to launch pad going round the bottom of the ramp . Tour drops off at Saturn V exhibit which again is very well presented. We bought the annual pass as we knew we were going for 2 days and the perks of this were free parking, 10% off gift shop purchases and 20% off food so well worth it. This visit was definitely the highlight of our Orlando holiday !

Ottawa, Canada
16 attraction reviews
“One of the best exhibits I have seen anywhere on any topic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We visited the centre on a Sunday in July when it was spitting rain every now and then. I was a bit concerned we were going to get a real downpour and I'd heard there was lots to see outside.

First my 20 second review - if you're in the area, do not miss the KSC...it's one of the best places to visit I've ever been. Really needed another couple of days to see everything.

We arrived and checked out the rocket garden first. Pretty amazing to walk amongst all the history here and get up close to these great machines. They all seemed so big...until later in the day! After this, we took the bus out to the observation gantry. It was neat being able to see the launch pad so close but honestly, I could have skipped this. The busses were running slow and this was really my only complaint. We lost an hour out of our day by stopping here and really should have continued on to the Saturn V center.....

...which was next. Wow. There's really no words to describe this place. From the opening entry of the control center onto the massive (and I mean MASSIVE) rocket itself, it was awe inspiring. I'd like to have taken longer to just take everything in but small children get a bit restless. The presentation of everything is outstanding - easy to understand and just incredible to see in person.

Afterwards, we moved onto the new Atlantis exhibit. I won't spoil this for anyone but the entry is phoenomenal and I actually had a lump in my throat when it was revealed. Just jaw dropping. The presentation here and indeed the entire exhibit was fantastic. I think one of the best exhibits of any subject I've ever seen. Count myself fortunate to have been able to see it so soon after opening.

This is where we ran out of time. The kids played in Angry Birds for a while before we had to leave. I'd have loved to take in one of the guided tours but just not enough time. I think this place is really a 2 day visit place but on a single day, the rocket garden, Saturn V and Atlantis exhibits are "must see".