“One Problem dropped this place from a 5 to a 3” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Brooksville
Wisconsin
“One Problem dropped this place from a 5 to a 3”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed here one night before we were planning to visit Weeki Wachee State Park. The location was convenient to the park and the property was pretty nice. Evertyhing would have been great if I hadn't pulled back my bed covers and discovered that the sheets had not been changed on the bed. There were many hairs on the sheets along with other obvious signs of use. I didn't really feel like changing the sheets myself at 11:00 at night after a 700 mile car ride, but of course I did. When I mentioned it to the front desk the next morning, he seemed concerned and offered me a 10% discount on our stay. That was mildly insulting to me. I didn't even ask for anything to be done, but if you're going to address a situation, make it reasonable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Brooksville West, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear TravelingSix,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I am sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations and regret that you were not completely satisfied with your entire stay due to the housekeeping service received and cleanliness of the bed. However, I am glad to read that we were able to address this issue in a timely manner. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Vernon, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

On arrival at the Holiday Inn Express we were a little disconcerted. The hotel was surrounded by roadworks, which of course is not their fault, but it made it feel like you were staying on a construction site and it looked a little deserted. However, we were pleasantly surprised by a spacious room which contained a bar fridge, microwave and flatscreen TV. Whilst I would not recommend the hotel for a holiday vocation, it has everything you need for a comfortable stay and the staff is wonderful. Their complimentary breakfast is simple but great – delicious cinnamon buns, pancakes, muffins, eggs and bacon, cereals, yoghurt, bagels and cream cheese, toast, bananas and of course coffee and tea. For fussy coffee lovers – there is a Starbucks nearby! The gym is tiny but it is more than adequate to burn a few calories should you wish to. It has two running machines and a sit down bike. The outside pool area is a bit bleak, which is unfortunate. There are lots of shops and restaurants just up the road. Our colleague had problems logging onto the wifi, which is free, but we didn’t have any issue at all and I found the speed more than adequate. I was able to Skype with no problem at all. They also have a washer and dryer, which is convenient. The hotel is spic and span - the cleaning staff do a great job. So, whilst its not the most upscale or modern hotel, it offers more than most hotels do and I would say its value for money. Just don’t expect any views or ambiance and you won’t be disappointed.

Room Tip: Third room with view of the open field next door offers the best views.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Upstate, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We checked in for one night. Every person on the staff was warm and friendly. We didn't realize they had smoking and non-smoking rooms; by the time we got there all they had was smoking rooms which were very stale with the smell of cigarette smoke. They wanted to help, but had only other smoking rooms available. We had a priceline reservation which could not be changed or I would have left and stayed elsewhere. The free continental breakfast was very good compared to other ones I have seen.

Room Tip: Call ahead for a non-smoking room if you want one.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Brooksville West, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Wonderful-Joy,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I am very sorry about the issues you encountered in your room accommodation. Rest assured that this isn't reflective of the high standards we usually pride ourselves. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. I hope we get the opportunity to show you some of our improvements on your next trip to Brooksville West.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

First time at a Holiday Inn Express and won"t be the last. Very clean facility as well as friendly staff. Stayed at much more expensive hotels that weren't have as nice!
Did not find any place in the hotel that appeared rundown or unmaintained. The only thing that would have been better was a lower price.

Room Tip: Even though rooms ar by parking lots, found them to be very quiet (I'm a light sleeper)
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Was traveling late night on I-75 and was searching for a decent hotel. Couldnt find anything and somehow ended up here. SOO glad, the staff was friendly and room was super clean, bed was very comfortable. Its as if the commercials about staying at a Holiday Inn express are true.. because today I felt awesome! When I got home the first thing I wanted to do was come online and write a good review, because they deserve it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

I stay here often and it's always consistenly good. Just a nice clean room, that has a refridgerator, and microwave. Gym is small with just a couple options. I'm a cyclist so the Suncoast trail it less than half a mile away. Awesome riding!!!!!! Bring your bike or just go there to take a nice run or walk. Wish I had that back at home.

Breakfast is always good and well managed. Lot's of restaurants and shopping close by.

It's everything I've come to expect from Holiday Inn Express. Everything you need at a nice price. They are brilliant on the basics.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Central Florida, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

Very clean, modern hotel with an exceptionally friendly housekeeping and dining room staff.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillows -- theirs are really tired.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Brooksville West? Share your experiences!