“Great food & great chef” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Weeki Wachee, Florida
“Great food & great chef”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

We made reservations & were seated at the hibachi. Our chef did a great presentation while cooking our meal. The food had great taste. I enjoyed the scallops & shrimp. My husband had steak & shrimp. The steak was cooked the way he wanted it, (medium rare). I enjoyed the rice and the veggies were perfect. I wished that the veggies could have been served before the seafood & steak. I will be returning to this restaurant. A very nice place to take a date, or family and friends.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

57% Recommend
Tampa, FL
“Good Japanese Steak House”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

This is your typical Japanese grill restaurant where you sit around a large hibachi griddle and the cook buts on a show as he cooks your food. They do a good job and food is very good. My wife and I had a combination of steak and shrimp and I had extra vegetables. Was an enjoyable meal.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Spring Hill, Florida
“We thought it was GREAT!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We are very fortunate to have such a first class restuarant in Spring Hill. I don't write many reviews, but felt I should because of the wonderful experience we had. Our Chef, Peter (not his Japanese name) was great!!! Very talented and put on one of the best shows we've had. I rate this much higher than the experience we recently had in Orlando at Benihana and the food and service were much better. I encourage all of our locals to patronize Fujiamas, we want them around for a long time

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Spring Hill, Florida
“GREAT PLACE TO EAT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Have been here twice and found it enjoyable both times. We did the habachi experience and it was great! loved the food and the atmosphere. The chef was very good and made it fun. If you want quiet I would not recommend a Japanese Steakhouse I have never found them to be quiet. Price was moderate to high. Food was excellent! I would highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Homosassa, Florida
“Very Disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We were really looking forward to going to this restaurant for the first time since there isn't much in our area. It's the first chance my wife and I have had to go since they opened a few months ago. They are open until 11 pm on Friday night and we got there about 8:45 p.m. The food was OK but what really turned us off was the atmosphere and the service. The lights were on full (very bright.. there is no good reason for this in any restaurant), and starting around 9:30 pm these guys starting breaking the place down and cleaning up for closing. They were dragging dustpans all over, clanging plates and silverware, sliding chairs everywhere, etc... A guy with blue gloves on (think hospital) came between us while we were still eating and took our sauces.They were completely focused on cleaning up and going home, and there was absolutely no concern about providing a nice dining experience for the customers. So, you should never go here probably within 2 hours of closing time and/or if you want a nice dinner with your significant other. There is absolutely zero atmosphere. This is a very loud "chow line" and we were very disappointed.

• Visited December 2012