“Good Night's Sleep, Good Breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Brandon
Oak Park, IL
“Good Night's Sleep, Good Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We hadn't stayed at a Holiday Inn Express for quite a while, and when our flight was delayed from Chicago to Orlando--causing us to miss a connecting flight and forcing a decision to drive--we were concerned about the additional expense of staying at a hotel. We chose the HIE because of its very reasonable rates and the reviews on Trip Advisor.

[One very minor observation, something that I'm sure was just one of those things: While the room and bathroom were very clean, I picked up the hand cream (part of the toiletries provided) and opened it to use some. Not only had it been used before, but a hair had been left behind. I can see how it would be easy to miss, but perhaps the general rule should be to replace these before the next guest whether the toiletries look used or not!]

The staff member who greeted us was friendly and capable, and we were very happy with our room and with the very ample breakfast the next day. We will definitely think of the HI as a place to stop.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Daphne C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa-Brandon, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for your review. I apologize for the experience with the toiletries. I will discuss this with our housekeepers and inform them this is unacceptable. I hope you choose to stay with us again next time you are in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Hunters Creek, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I was in Brandon for two weeks on business, and my company chose this hotel for me. I had never stayed at a Holiday Inn Express before, and I wasn't really sure what to expect. Let me tell you, I could not have asked for a better experience! The entire hotel was very clean, from the lobby to the the floors to the rooms. The decor was organized, neat, and up to date. There was also a nice patio with a lake view in the back, as well as a swimming pool.

My room had a very comfortable queen bed, with a flat screen HDTV, a microwave, and a nice-sized fridge. The maid service was also very good. Every day when I returned from work I would find my room cleaned with all garbage removed, and they even organized my toiletries in my bathroom for me, which was a nice touch.

The employees were very kind and the free continental breakfast was quite enjoyable as well. Another nice touch was the guest appreciation dinner that was held on the Tuesday of my stay, where they had free pizza, sodas, and beer for guests to enjoy.

The location of the hotel is quite convenient, as it is less than 5 minutes from I-75 and is right down the street from Red Lobster, Olive Garden, and a shopping mall with other stores and restaurants.

If I had to give a complaint, it would be that on my last day the fire alarm went off at 6 AM but quickly turned off after about 30 seconds. I'm not sure what that was all about.

Overall it was a great experience, and while I didn't choose this hotel on my own, I certainly would in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Daphne C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa-Brandon, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our hotel. I will be sure to pass on your review to housekeeping and front desk. Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to you staying with us again. Hopefully next time there wont be a fire alarm going off at six AM.
Lake Mary, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

If you are looking for a quiet hotel with a nice pool and outdoor patio area (with a fountain, lake and ducks swimming) this is it! Close to restaurants (Olive Garden and Red Lobster) and easy off of I-75, but seeems far from traffic. Felt safe running in a neighborhood close by on a Saturday morning. Staff were very accomodating too. Bath and Body Works shampoo, conditioner, bth gel and lotion were provided. Very comfortable beds and 4 pillows per bed. Frig and microwave too.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your great review. We are happy to see that you enjoyed yourself at our hotel. We looked forward to staying with us again.
sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed at the newly Holiday Inn express in Brandon. Have stayed here before but now after the latest update the hotel holds a very nice and comfortbale standard.Breakfast is good and the location great. Near shopping and still close to downtown Tampa. The rooms and the beds are fabolous. Slept like a manatee.Very nice. Highly recommended.
PS the pool is really superfresh also with a nice view of the pond and palm trees.

Room Tip: choose a room towards the pond for a nice view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Daphne C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa-Brandon, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for staying with us in Brandon. Glad to hear you enjoyed the shopping area and our swimming pool.
Abbeville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Always more than pleased with my HIEXP stays. Professional and friendly staff. Clean rooms and grounds. Comfortable beds. Just enough breakfast to start my traveling day. I am a loyal HIEXPRESS customer

• Stayed June 2013
Daphne C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa-Brandon, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for your review and a special thank you for your continued loyalty to Holiday Inn Express. We look forward to seeing you again.
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Great location. Right off I75 and right next door to the mall. Plenty of places to eat obviously. Hotel was very clean and the staff was friendly. We signed up for the free perks program and b/c of that, they gave us a bottle of water and a snack upon check in. On the bottle of water there was also a coupon for another free drink or snack. Decent little perk for free! The room was modern and spacious. The bed was pretty comfortable. We only spent 1 night here since we were attending a concert in Tampa. I would definitely stay here again. Only downside was the parking lot. When we came back around 1 a.m. there were hardly any spots, and the spots that were open were next to jerks that didn't know how to park. The hotel's shuttle was also parked horizontal over 3 spaces..nice. Other than that, this place was pretty solid!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We pride our-self on loyalty to priority club members. I am glad to see you like our coupon option. I apologize for the parking difficulty. I will speak to our shuttle system and make sure we find a better parking option for them. We look forward to having you as a guest in our hotel again.
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

The actual hotel property was decent. Nothing fancy, but clean. The main problem was the noise! Our room was by the outdoor swimming pool. Although we were on an upper floor the noise from the pool area was loud when we arrived. Around 10pm it finally quieted down a bit. Then we were awoken at 2am by kids in the pool being very noisy. We had to call the front desk to complain. It took awhile for the front desk to shut down the pool party. This is a cheap hotel, we would never stay here again. When i mentioned the horrible nights sleep to the front desk in the morning they blamed the parents of the kids. I agree with this, but who is in charge here? Why are quiet hours not enforced? My advice stay somewhere else, you will be happy you did.

Room Tip: don't stay anywhere near the pool
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Daphne C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa-Brandon, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately we had a couple of that did not follow the pool and noise policy and management handled the issue. We are very sorry you had such a bad experience at our hotel. I hope that you give us another chance when you are in the Brandon area. This is not a typical night at our Holiday Inn Express. Again thank you for staying with us in Brandon.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Tampa-Brandon? Share your experiences!