“Clean and Comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 hotels in Brandon
Kansas City
“Clean and Comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

The beds were very comfy and the rooms were very clean. The staff was nice. There are a lot of restaurants and shops close by. There were doing major renovations when we were there so I bet it is going to be even nicer.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

99 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

Great staff,great place to stay just like home...Tuesday manager social is fun and entertaining.I always stay here when in town and all my friends stay here also.It's the only hotel in the area that can give you that home feel....

• Stayed July 2012
Mary M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa-Brandon, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you very much for your extremely nice review. The staff was very appreciative. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the HlE Brandon the nights of 8/10/12 & 8/11/12. We called on 7/31, prior to making our reservation, to ask about the renovation status (specifically, I was asking if the pool would be available) and were assured the renovations would be completed prior to our stay. Renovations were not complete, the pool was empty, and no concessions were offered to guest to "make up" for the lack of amenities.

When I came to the lobby in search of the workout room on Saturday morning, I was informed by the front desk staff that the workout room was also closed due to renovations. When I asked if there were passes available to a local gym in light of the renovation, I was told that the manager tried to work something out, but no, they did not have anything to offer. When the contractors heard I was looking to use the workout room, they (and hotel employee Avery) shuffled some construction materials aside to allow me and my husband access to the space. Avery even brought us a couple of towels -- this was very much appreciated. The website boasts "state of the art nautilus weight machine, stair stepper, rowing machine, and two treadmills." They actually have an elliptical machine, 2 treadmills, a bike, and a good selection of free weights.

My husband was disappointed by the pancake maker being out of order (the machine was left out on the breakfast bar with an out of order sign taped to the front!). The breakfast was what I expect in a HIE continental breakfast -- 4 cereal options, milk, flavored yogurt, instant oatmeal, coffee, juices, plain bagels, english muffins, bread, sugar bomb muffins, bananas, sausage, eggs (with cheese) and cinnamon rolls (the one unexpected item). Good luck if you are looking for a real "healthy start."

The business center was closed and I did not feel welcome to ask for assistance in printing our boarding passes prior to leaving the hotel on Sunday morning.

The room was very clean and the bed and pillows were acceptable. The water pressure and temperature in the shower was great and we had a nice view of the little pond out back. We enjoyed waking up to the bird sounds out back. Our room was crazy humid. We had the A/C set on 70 (later turned down to 66 in hopes of wringing some of the moisture out of the air). Towels and workout clothes used on Saturday morning were still plenty damp on Sunday morning.

For us, the location was great and the room was quiet (except for the fire alarm going off 4 or 5 times at 6am on Saturday). I do think that when the dust settles the facility will be good -- the staff could use some help in the "eager to assist" category, but that too could clear out with the construction dust.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the rear of the property.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Beki L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa-Brandon, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
I apologize that I over looked the fact that my response to your comments did not come thru after I submitted them several months ago. First and foremost I would like to say thank you for taking the time to write the review that you did. Many people might have forgotten to mention the good things when they may have had as many issues as you did. Secondly I would like to apologize for the lack of communication our hotel had during the renovation process. We attempted to contact as many of the guests as possible to inform them of specific items not available during certain dates of our renovation, such as the pool, fitness center, business center, etc...however fell short at reaching out to everyone and for that I am extremely sorry. Everyone deserves a excellent stay and that is something we strive for each and every day. Some time has passed since your last visit however I was wondering if you would contact me directly so I can discuss this with you further. My number is 813-643-3800 or if email is easier than my email address is blewie@dhmhotels.com. I look forward to hearing from you and thank you again for your review.

Beki Lewie
blewie@dhmhotels.com
sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

For a shopping tour and a mid week vacation we choose The Inn at Brandon in FL
Having stayed there before we knew it was good value for money.
This time however we encountered full hotel renovation.
No pool, and loads of on going work.
Was fairly compensated but still miss the calm night with a dip in the pool

Room Tip: choose the south side with a nice pond view
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
I would like to apologize that your last visit with us was not all that it should have been. Even during times of renovations customer service should always maintain the excellence we strive for each day. I would love an opportunity to speak with you further about that stay with us when it is convenient for you. Please contact me at 813-643-3800 anytime.

Beki Lewie, Hotel Manager
blewie@dhmhotels.com
Gautier, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We've stayed here many times and have always been treated like kings. This visit we were an inconvenience; no upgrades and no thanks. The beds were comfortable, the rooms were spotless and breakfast was very good as always. Thanks for the extra towels, Robin (it was pouring rain all day).

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view and don't book until the renovation is complete.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your response concerning your stay with us during the renovation time period. I was personally not here during those months and recently started with the hotel on 10/30/12. I would love an opportunity to discuss with you further all of your visits with us at a time that is convenient for you. My phone number is 813-643-3800 and my email is blewie@dhmhotels.com.

Please feel free to contact me anytime and I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you.

Beki Lewie, Hotel Manager
Marrero, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed here on night enroute to Sanibel Island. Requested a room overlooking the little lake. Very nice clean room with comfy beds and lots of pillows. Close to Interstate, but far enough off the road so it was very quiet. Breakfast the next morning was wonderful. Lots of selections, hot and cold. At $75 it was a great bargain. I will return to this Holiday Inn. I wish all of them were this nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the lake on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Tampa-Brandon, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Hello,

Thank you so much for your kind review. We truly appreciate hearing from our guests. If you thought we were great this time you will have to check us out again after August, once our renovations are complete. We are going to look and feel like a brand new hotel. We hope you will have the opportunity to stop back in for another visit.

If there is ever anything we can assist you with we hope you will give us a call.

Mary Matthews & the Hotel Staff
mmatthews@dhmhotels.com
813-643-3800
Jacksonville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

This hotel was small compared to other Holiday Inn Expresses, but very well kept. There was a large bathroom, large flat screen TV, plenty of (comfy) pillows on the (comfy) beds. My friend and I attended a concert in Tampa on Saturday and stayed here that night. While only 16 miles, traffic makes a huge difference in travel time so be prepared. For Saturday night’s show, it took an hour to get to Raymond James Stadium due to congestion, but that’s to be expected. However the next morning it only took 12 minutes to get to the Florida Aquarium. This place is not far at all from anything you need. You have to pass through a mall and restaurants to get to the hotel. They also serve breakfast, even on Sunday mornings. They have a patio with a nice view where you can eat, chill, whatever. I will be back next time I’m in the area.

Room Tip: Standard rooms - two double beds are on the first floor steps away from the desk. Only one neighbori...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Mary M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Tampa-Brandon, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Hello ~

Thank you for staying with us and for your kind review. Definitely keep us in mind for your future visits to see concerts; and remember there are tons at the Tampa Fairgrounds which we are only 6 miles from. You should absolutely plan on visiting again in September after our renovations are complete. The changes are going to be amazing. We hope to see you then.

If there is ever anything we can assist you with please do not hesitate to contact us at 813-643-3800 or mmatthews@dhmhotels.com.

Mary Matthews
Director of Sales and Marketing

Been to Holiday Inn Express Tampa-Brandon? Share your experiences!