My husband and I stayed at the HlE Brandon the nights of 8/10/12 & 8/11/12. We called on 7/31, prior to making our reservation, to ask about the renovation status (specifically, I was asking if the pool would be available) and were assured the renovations would be completed prior to our stay. Renovations were not complete, the pool was empty, and no concessions were offered to guest to "make up" for the lack of amenities.
When I came to the lobby in search of the workout room on Saturday morning, I was informed by the front desk staff that the workout room was also closed due to renovations. When I asked if there were passes available to a local gym in light of the renovation, I was told that the manager tried to work something out, but no, they did not have anything to offer. When the contractors heard I was looking to use the workout room, they (and hotel employee Avery) shuffled some construction materials aside to allow me and my husband access to the space. Avery even brought us a couple of towels -- this was very much appreciated. The website boasts "state of the art nautilus weight machine, stair stepper, rowing machine, and two treadmills." They actually have an elliptical machine, 2 treadmills, a bike, and a good selection of free weights.
My husband was disappointed by the pancake maker being out of order (the machine was left out on the breakfast bar with an out of order sign taped to the front!). The breakfast was what I expect in a HIE continental breakfast -- 4 cereal options, milk, flavored yogurt, instant oatmeal, coffee, juices, plain bagels, english muffins, bread, sugar bomb muffins, bananas, sausage, eggs (with cheese) and cinnamon rolls (the one unexpected item). Good luck if you are looking for a real "healthy start."
The business center was closed and I did not feel welcome to ask for assistance in printing our boarding passes prior to leaving the hotel on Sunday morning.
The room was very clean and the bed and pillows were acceptable. The water pressure and temperature in the shower was great and we had a nice view of the little pond out back. We enjoyed waking up to the bird sounds out back. Our room was crazy humid. We had the A/C set on 70 (later turned down to 66 in hopes of wringing some of the moisture out of the air). Towels and workout clothes used on Saturday morning were still plenty damp on Sunday morning.
For us, the location was great and the room was quiet (except for the fire alarm going off 4 or 5 times at 6am on Saturday). I do think that when the dust settles the facility will be good -- the staff could use some help in the "eager to assist" category, but that too could clear out with the construction dust.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Tampa-Brandon is pleased to announce their “Grand Re-Opening”. This corporate and government, business based hotel has just completed a full renovation on all areas, inside and out, floor to ceiling. Everything is brand new, modern and beautiful, ripe and ready to ensure the guests staying there will have a successful and profitable visit to the Brandon-Tampa area. The Holiday Inn Express Tampa-Brandon started with their hotel rooms adding a fresh, new look and replaced the carpet, bathroom tile, counter tops and fixtures, as well as the bedding. They have also re-painted and added mini refrigerators and microwaves to all the rooms. Along with renovating the rooms the guests hallways have received new carpet, wall paper and light fixtures. Not stopping there, the Holiday Inn Express also renovated all of their public areas including their lobby, breakfast room, public restrooms, meeting rooms and pool area. The lobby and breakfast area have received new tile, wallpaper and paint, new furniture and layout. Walls have been removed to open the two spaces and provide guests relaxing in the lobby and breakfast room a beautiful view of our courtyard and lake. The meeting rooms have been given an upscale design with deep reds and blues, new carpet and new granite counter tops. Just outside Tampa’s city limits in Brandon, Fl we are close to all of areas points of interest and attractions. We are located 1/2 miles to I-75, 3 miles to I-4 & the ICE Sports Forum, 9 miles to USA BMX Riverview, 5 miles to JC Handly Sports Complex & Brandon Sports Aquatic Center, 7 miles to Hard Rock Casino, 5 Miles to the Florida State Fairgrounds & 1-800AskGary Amphitheater, 10 miles to the Tampa Convention Center, 15 miles to Busch Gardens, 12 miles to Raymond James Stadium & 18 miles to the Tampa Airport (TPA). Whether you are visiting for business, in town for a concert, going to the parks, or visiting family and friends we are the place to stay. We are also within 1/4 mile (walking distance) to the AMC Theater, Grand Regency Shopping Plaza, Red Lobster, Olive Garden, & the Westfield Mall which hosts 157 stores and 6 restaurants. Our hotel offers rooms with two double beds and rooms with single king beds. We also have a complete interior corridor building, lakeside outdoor pool & courtyard, fitness center, on-site laundry facilities, free hot breakfast, free WIFI, meeting room rental, free daily parking & free daily housekeeping. Unlike other hotels the area, our hotel lets you "Stay Smart" with a name you can trust at a price you can afford. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Odigeo, Otel, Agoda, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Tampa-Brandon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Tampa-Brandon Hotel Brandon
- Holiday Inn Brandon
- Holiday Inn Express Brandon
- Brandon Holiday Inn