“shopping tour” 3 of 5 stars

sweden
“shopping tour”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

For a shopping tour and a mid week vacation we choose The Inn at Brandon in FL
Having stayed there before we knew it was good value for money.
This time however we encountered full hotel renovation.
No pool, and loads of on going work.
Was fairly compensated but still miss the calm night with a dip in the pool

Room Tip: choose the south side with a nice pond view
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Mary M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa-Brandon, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
I would like to apologize that your last visit with us was not all that it should have been. Even during times of renovations customer service should always maintain the excellence we strive for each day. I would love an opportunity to speak with you further about that stay with us when it is convenient for you. Please contact me at 813-643-3800 anytime.

Beki Lewie, Hotel Manager
blewie@dhmhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Gautier, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We've stayed here many times and have always been treated like kings. This visit we were an inconvenience; no upgrades and no thanks. The beds were comfortable, the rooms were spotless and breakfast was very good as always. Thanks for the extra towels, Robin (it was pouring rain all day).

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view and don't book until the renovation is complete.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your response concerning your stay with us during the renovation time period. I was personally not here during those months and recently started with the hotel on 10/30/12. I would love an opportunity to discuss with you further all of your visits with us at a time that is convenient for you. My phone number is 813-643-3800 and my email is blewie@dhmhotels.com.

Please feel free to contact me anytime and I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you.

Beki Lewie, Hotel Manager
Marrero, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed here on night enroute to Sanibel Island. Requested a room overlooking the little lake. Very nice clean room with comfy beds and lots of pillows. Close to Interstate, but far enough off the road so it was very quiet. Breakfast the next morning was wonderful. Lots of selections, hot and cold. At $75 it was a great bargain. I will return to this Holiday Inn. I wish all of them were this nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the lake on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Tampa-Brandon, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Hello,

Thank you so much for your kind review. We truly appreciate hearing from our guests. If you thought we were great this time you will have to check us out again after August, once our renovations are complete. We are going to look and feel like a brand new hotel. We hope you will have the opportunity to stop back in for another visit.

If there is ever anything we can assist you with we hope you will give us a call.

Mary Matthews & the Hotel Staff
mmatthews@dhmhotels.com
813-643-3800
Jacksonville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

This hotel was small compared to other Holiday Inn Expresses, but very well kept. There was a large bathroom, large flat screen TV, plenty of (comfy) pillows on the (comfy) beds. My friend and I attended a concert in Tampa on Saturday and stayed here that night. While only 16 miles, traffic makes a huge difference in travel time so be prepared. For Saturday night’s show, it took an hour to get to Raymond James Stadium due to congestion, but that’s to be expected. However the next morning it only took 12 minutes to get to the Florida Aquarium. This place is not far at all from anything you need. You have to pass through a mall and restaurants to get to the hotel. They also serve breakfast, even on Sunday mornings. They have a patio with a nice view where you can eat, chill, whatever. I will be back next time I’m in the area.

Room Tip: Standard rooms - two double beds are on the first floor steps away from the desk. Only one neighbori...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Mary M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Tampa-Brandon, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Hello ~

Thank you for staying with us and for your kind review. Definitely keep us in mind for your future visits to see concerts; and remember there are tons at the Tampa Fairgrounds which we are only 6 miles from. You should absolutely plan on visiting again in September after our renovations are complete. The changes are going to be amazing. We hope to see you then.

If there is ever anything we can assist you with please do not hesitate to contact us at 813-643-3800 or mmatthews@dhmhotels.com.

Director of Sales and Marketing
Fort Lauderdale, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I stayed here while on business, and will definitely come back. The bed was more comfy than usual with nice linens, everything was neat and clean, and the breakfast was great- lots of selections including hot food. I got a great rate using my CheckedInn business traveler card. I also requested a mini fridge, which they gave me, and they also provided a microwave.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Hi Ellen,

Thank you so much for being our guest and for the kind words; we appreciate hearing from our guests. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and yes the corporate lodging card is definitely the way to book. Hopefully you will have the chance to visit us again soon, but definitely keep us on your calendar to visit again in September once our renovations are complete. The changes are going to be amazing.

If there is ever anything I can assist you with please contact me at 813-643-3800 or mmatthews@dhmhotels.com.

Director of Sales and Marketing
Young Harris, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Brandon while visiting family in the Tampa area. When we returned to our room late one evening, my wife discovered that a gold and diamond necklace had been taken from her luggage sometime during the day. The item was not left easily accessible, but someone took the time to dig deep into our luggage for anything of value. We reported it to the desk immediately, and the next morning the manager took all of our information and told us we would be contacted concerning the incident. A month later we have heard nothing. I tried to send an email and it was returned undelivered.

I realize that hotels have policies, and we would never have left anything of value in the room had we stayed in one of the more budget-priced hotels. One of the reasons we chose this hotel was for the perceived security it should offer. We've learned our lesson and we will never leave anything of value in the room of any hotel again. Still, at rates of more than $100 per night, we certainly expected more from this establishment.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa-Brandon, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Dear george b,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take comments such as these very serious and would like to follow up with you. We have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information. I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Katie J
IHGCare
Baltimore, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by my stay. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the hotel well maintained, and the breakfast had good selection. The surprise was the scenery. Out the back door was a beautiful fountain and sitting area, with a pond. On the pond was a variety of birds, and I like birds. I'm not from Florida, so some of them were new to me. It was so serene, I wanted to sit there all evening. I was not the only one outside taking pictures of the birds. The Tuesday Manager's reception was impressive, and made the place more homey. I expected nothing of substance, but it was actually good food. All of the service was good, everyone was friendly, and the front desk was very helpful. They were especially helpful when it came to finding places to eat. The location is good, it's very close to a number of restaurants, a large mall, and a Target, so if you forgot anything you are covered! It's also very close to a major highway, so it's easy to get to. Just make sure you go the main road in - our GPS took us a back road way that had us wondering what we were getting into!

Room Tip: Some rooms have microfridges, so make sure to reserve a room with one if you want one. Try to get a...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Mary M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Tampa-Brandon, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Hello,

Thank you so much for your kind review. We appreciate hearing from our guests. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, our manager social, and our friendly wildlife. We are going to be renovating this summer so if you thought we were great before you will have to check us out again after August. Definitely keep us in mind if you travel back this way.

Director of Sales
813-643-3800
mmatthews@dhmhotels.com

Been to Holiday Inn Express Tampa-Brandon? Share your experiences!