“Great Food, Awful Service” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Bar, Chicken Wings
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Great Food, Awful Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Im from out of town and stopped here for dinner because the Ale House franchise in Florida is usually pretty reliable. The food as always was on point. The service from Maria on the other hand was terrible. Her demeanor, at best, was disengaged. I am a bar manager for a very high volume bar and grill, so when I eat out I am extremely understanding of servers when they get busy. That said, when the server is complaining about us being her only table I would expect muxh better. We were abandoned completely for 10 minutes at a time during critical service points (ordering, check back on entrees, dropping the check). I never saw a manager during my visit and did not have time to find one, but it must be poor at best if they can't even find time for table visits. It certainly is reflected in the attitudes of their staff. In addition to my absentee server, there was another server that spent all her time sitting at a table and hanging all over what I imagine was her boyfriend. I wouldn't say to avoid this place because the food really is great and I hope the service is not always this bad. Just make sure you are not in Maria's section.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Thonotosassa, Florida
“Great food, service!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

We had an excellent meal with great service on 8/24/12. I had the full rack of baby back ribs, and my wife had the special of the day, shrimp and lobster. The baby back ribs were tender and full of flavor. My wife said the shrimp and lobster pasta was the best she had in along while. Our server, Ben, was attentive to our needs. From recommending dinner choice, to desserts, Ben was most helpful. Don't forget Wednesdays, they have Whole Maine Lobster Dinner for and incredible $10.95!!!

MAH2010, Director of Marketing at Miller's Ale House Restaurants, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
John, thank you for your kind words. I look forward to seeing you back on Lobster Night!

Miller's Ale House
Lakeland, Florida
“Good food - good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Miller's Ale House is a great place to get together with a friend or several friends. The food arrives promptly - even with a table of 8, our service was prompt! The servers are friendly and ready to make adjustments to the menu to suit someone with special requests (without a sigh or eye roll).
It can be a little on the noisy side - but since we were creating some or the noise ourselves, we really can't complain!
We gather there on a regular basis!

Visited July 2012
Albany, NY
“Good Food at Reasonable Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stopped here while on vacation. The menu had a good variety. Our waitress, Maggie, was friendly and very good. I ordered the seafood alfredo and it was delicious. We will eat there again, when in Lakeland.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wesley Chapel, Florida, United States
“Miller's is not the same everywhere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

My food was tasteless and cold. I will not return to the Tampa location on No. Dale Mabry.

Visited November 2011