“Go for the food” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 277 Restaurants in Brandon
Cuisines: Italian, Spanish, Cuban
Good for: Families with children
Description: LaSeptima represents the Old Ybor City Heritage of the owners, a blend of Cuban, Spanish and Italian immigrants who settled in Ybor City and we bring that heritage to life through our cuisine and decor with traditional recipes from our ancestors and photos and memorabilia displayed everywhere. In addition to our awarding winning cuisine, we feature a full bar with an incredibly priced wine and cocktail list.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Go for the food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Love steak milanese, plantains, and flan!!! Get it everytime I go. Have only dined in a couple times, usually take it to go, mainly because the staff doesn't give you the warm fuzzies.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Tampa FL
“No Hospitality”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

I arrived at LA Septima at 1:45 in the afternoon to meet a friend. The hostess refused to seat me, saying the restaurant's policy is to wait until all parties are present before seating. While I understand that policy, I pointed out there were at least 12 tables open and asked her to seat me instead of making me stand at the door waiting. I asked her if there was an owner or manager. The hostess still refused. Finally, a manager came to the front and said she would seat me, no apology or welcome. I enjoy restaurants where they welcome you and make you feel like they are glad to see you. If you are the same way, you will want to avoid this restaurant.

The food was satisfactory, but not exceptional. There are just too many other good places out there.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Brandon, Florida
“Coming from a Cuban's perspective. This place is an insult to the Cuban Community!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

We ordered the traditional Pan con Bistec ( Steak Sandwich). We got a piece of breaded steak between two pieces of bread. They had the nerve to say if you want to add the sting fries, cheese, tomatoes, etc.. it will cost you extra. CUBAN STEAK SANDWICH is NOT BREADED!! It was horrible. If you threw the steak at someone you could hurt someone. Cuban food they do not have. This place should close down. You are making our traditional food look disgusting! Will Never EVER visit that restaurant again!

• Visited February 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Valrico, Florida
“Best Brandon Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

La Septima is always delicious. We have been going to this restaurant for many years and I've decided to provide this review. Every dish is layered with incredible flavors. The staff is amazing and welcoming. We consider ourselves 'regulars' and it is just wonderful that the staff treats us so well. As an observer, I note they are this way to everyone. Service is prompt and we are happy to see the place busy all of the time.We also use their catering services at year end and whenever we have large dinner parties. Our guests are always impressed with the food and this is unbeatable. Great job!

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bartow, Florida
“great food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

Went on a friday night and the wait was only 20 minutes. By all means try whatever the special is, but save room for some guava cheesecake

• Visited March 2012