“Great breakfast!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
FL
“Great breakfast!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

You feel welcome as soon as you walk through the door. We were greeted at the door, escorted to a table, and provided with a menu by a friendly person. The service was great and the food was excellent. We had pancakes, eggs, and bacon and I must say it was probably the best we've had in a long time. I love Cracker Barrel for breakfast but this place beats them hands down. The restaurant only serves breakfast and lunch and closes at 2:30pm. We will return!!

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Valrico, Florida
“Awesome breakfast/lunch menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

My family and I love breakfast/brunch restaurants. There is a restaurant close to us that we go to often A friend told me about The Recipe Box. I was hesitant because the restaurant is in a strip mall, and not a great looking strip mall at that. But I trust my friend and she said it was great. So we tried The Recipe Box today...and it was great.
Our waitress was friendly and welcoming. The restaurant was clean and decorated in a country motif. We had a hard time deciding what to eat because there were so many yummy choices. The one down side was the kids lunch menu had the typical chicken nuggets/burger etc. so neither of my daughters wanted that.
My older daughter ordered chicken noodle soup and and open face meatloaf sandwich. The chicken noodle soup was so delicious we all loved it. The meat loaf was very good and the mashed potatoes were real. The was too much gravy for my daughters liking and the gravy was packaged but it was still a delicious meal and a supper value.
My younger daughter got the grilled chicken cordon bleu sandwich and it was delicious. I got the Greek omelet with grits and toast. The omelet was very good. The grits were a bit bland, but that is the usual for grits. The only small problem was my toast and omelet were swimming in butter. Next time I will order dry toast.
My husband ordered the corned beef hash. He loves corned beef hash, but it is usually the canned style stuff that is wet and mushy. Our waitress assured us the hash was homemade and would be crispy. All of our food was good but the corned beef hash was the star. Crispy with huge chunks of corned beef and potatoes. It was so good I could not help but steal some to put in my grits. His hash browns and toast were also swimming in butter, but were delicious.
The Recipe Box is a great value with excellent food and service.
We will definitely return. As a bonus they give a 20% discount for active duty military.

• Visited June 2012
Tampa, FL
“Very goid breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012 via mobile

We have eaten breakfast here a few times and have enjoyed it each time. Prices, food and service are great.

Valrico, Florida
“Excellent breakfast and attentive service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

We eat at the Recipe Box nearly every weekend. The breakfast is consistently excellent, the servers attentive and the prices are reasonable. It is a very clean restaurant and the staff is very efficient. We've been going nearly every week since they opened and it's been great to see their number of customers grow.

• Visited February 2012
Vermont
“Diamond In the Rough”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

Don't let the location fool you, this is a great find. The food was superb, the portions very large, the service quick and friendly and the place was very clean. They only serve breakfast and lunch. I had breakfast at 1 p.m. and my husband had a burger that had me so envious we are headed back before leaving town. Even some of the locals have not heard about them but I have been enlightening them.

• Visited February 2012