“Jack Hammer” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon

You added Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   330 Grand Regency Blvd, Brandon, FL 33510 (Formerly Homestead Tampa / Brandon)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Brandon
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Jack Hammer”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Area was great. Room was average and clean. However, there was a major problem. There appeared to be some type of water pressure problem and when someone is one of the rooms around us took a shower it sound like a jack hammer. Asked to be moved to another first floor run (there were several available in the building across from us but the desk clerk refused. She offered us the room above the one we were end but could not assure if we would have the same problem. She also shared with us that they were aware of the noise. If this is so the. Why on earth would you subject your guest to this. Desk clerk appear not be concern with our problem.

Email the general manager and included the video I made with the sound. Also plan to email the Extend Stay headquarters and share the video with them as well.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 218. When someone in one of the rooms around this room takes a shower it sou...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

I called your hotel so I could request a photo of your ADA roll in shower so that I can ensure that it is usable for my husband who's confined to a wheelchair.

Eleanor who answered the phone didn't seem willing to fulfill my small request. All I was told is that the rooms are occupied, they couldn't take a photo and the only photos available are online. I expressed that we are not coming for a month and would like to have the photo, but she seemed unwilling to help. I told her that she didn't seem very accommodating so I would call another hotel and she just hung up. If that's any indicator of how we would be treated as guests, no thank you. I called the Residence Inn & Suites and they were very helpful.

Nice customer service!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
We appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. Please accept our most sincere apologies for not fulfilling your request due to occupancy of that specific room type. In order for us to protect the privacy of our guests, we cannot take photos of an occupied room. Please be sure that the next time we encounter such an issue, we will try our best to find a solution that satisfies your needs. We will be working with our staff to ensure that they are providing each guest with the superior service they deserve.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so we really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us at bnd@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with better customer service the next time you need assistance.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

The newly remodeled rooms were nice and comfortable and have a kitchenette which is great with kids. The location is EXCELLENT if you are visiting the area, safe and lots and lots of stores, food, entertainment nearby. The front desk was wonderful. We didn't realize we had a broken microwave until we were settled in and it was disappointing as I brought food, but for the great rate we got online for this hotel it was a excellent value compared to the hotels around it, we even added a night to our stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
The team and I appreciate your wonderful review. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our newly renovated rooms. It is great to know that you found our hotel satisfactory in all aspects. Also, we are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed the location and that you were able to take advantage of the great places to see. Please accept our apologies that your microwave did not work. I will be meeting with our maintenance staff to ensure this does not continue in the future. Thank you again for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Asheville, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

I made a reservation at this hotel 1 month in advance. We needed a specific size room. Upon arrival we were told the size room we requested was not available, but a smaller one was. The desk clerk kept going behind the wall to talk to someone else when we expressed our displeasure, that someone never came out to speak directly to us. When we asked why our room was not available we were told that they had over booked. We cancelled our reservation and left. Very disappointed in the way the whole thing was handled. Will never book with this hotel chain again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Brenda - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for the booking issues that you experienced during the check-in process. In response to your feedback, I will meet with the staff to review our reservations policy to ensure your experience is not repeated. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, bnd@extendedstay.com.

Again, thank you for the comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Good place compared to the places around here when i called and asked for a room the service desk suggested to go inline to book and saved alot of money doing that much appreciated rooms clean pretty big overall good stay only thing i could see is for the smokers room they leave the room open and we had alot of live bugs in our room no big deal but like i said overall good stay

• Stayed May 2014
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Brandon – Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

The hotel is under construction, though our building wasnt fully under construction, I still heard the noise, & they def knew how to start early or work late & make noise. The laundry was actually the nicest part of the hotel. We did have roaches walking around which made me disgusted. & I have never stayed at a hotel where the wifi is slower than dial up & for faster service you have to pay an upgrade charge. We stayed here due to the kitchen area, but at $65 a night plus the $25 a night pet fee, well not worth it. The size of the room was very small too.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The situation you described regarding the construction noise is truly regrettable. This issue will be properly addressed so that your experience is not repeated. As well, I apologize that the cleanliness of your room and the speed of your Wi-Fi did not meet your satisfaction. Your feedback will be very useful as we continue to improve our guest experience.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at BND@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

my first experience at this chain, Extended Stay America, was not a good one. I sure the other locations are different(better or worse), but this location in Brandon(Tampa), Florida had outside entry room doors(like a motel). rooms were average size, average clean, average bedding!!
for $60.00/a night, I have stayed in ALOT BETTER!! for me, this is a $39.99 truckers special. speaking of trucks, both mornings I was awakened by a diesel semi-truck coming thru the parking lot. the average patron is a construction worker/foreman with average age of 50. I saw no women staying here. don't blame them, especially with the outside room door entry.
I ran into one gentleman(for lack of another word) who barely had his jeans zippered, which is pertinent since this was the only clothing he had on. and yes, he went into the hotel office(the office door was barely on its hinges) in this attire. NEVER AGAIN!!!
(the rooms did have a full-size refrigerator, coffee maker and stove for extended stays).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
We received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We appreciate that you mentioned our fully equipped kitchen and hope you used this amenity towards your advantage. We sincerely apologize that you had to experience such noise during you stay. To make sure this doesn't happen again, we are going to designate a certain area for truck drivers to park, this way other guests just as yourself would not be disturbed.

We really thank you for bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at bnd@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in

Been to Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon? Share your experiences!