“Buyer beware” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon

You added Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   330 Grand Regency Blvd, Brandon, FL 33510 (Formerly Homestead Tampa / Brandon)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Brandon
Asheville, North Carolina
“Buyer beware”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

I made a reservation at this hotel 1 month in advance. We needed a specific size room. Upon arrival we were told the size room we requested was not available, but a smaller one was. The desk clerk kept going behind the wall to talk to someone else when we expressed our displeasure, that someone never came out to speak directly to us. When we asked why our room was not available we were told that they had over booked. We cancelled our reservation and left. Very disappointed in the way the whole thing was handled. Will never book with this hotel chain again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Brenda - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for the booking issues that you experienced during the check-in process. In response to your feedback, I will meet with the staff to review our reservations policy to ensure your experience is not repeated. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, bnd@extendedstay.com.

Again, thank you for the comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Good place compared to the places around here when i called and asked for a room the service desk suggested to go inline to book and saved alot of money doing that much appreciated rooms clean pretty big overall good stay only thing i could see is for the smokers room they leave the room open and we had alot of live bugs in our room no big deal but like i said overall good stay

• Stayed May 2014
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Brandon – Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

The hotel is under construction, though our building wasnt fully under construction, I still heard the noise, & they def knew how to start early or work late & make noise. The laundry was actually the nicest part of the hotel. We did have roaches walking around which made me disgusted. & I have never stayed at a hotel where the wifi is slower than dial up & for faster service you have to pay an upgrade charge. We stayed here due to the kitchen area, but at $65 a night plus the $25 a night pet fee, well not worth it. The size of the room was very small too.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The situation you described regarding the construction noise is truly regrettable. This issue will be properly addressed so that your experience is not repeated. As well, I apologize that the cleanliness of your room and the speed of your Wi-Fi did not meet your satisfaction. Your feedback will be very useful as we continue to improve our guest experience.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at BND@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

my first experience at this chain, Extended Stay America, was not a good one. I sure the other locations are different(better or worse), but this location in Brandon(Tampa), Florida had outside entry room doors(like a motel). rooms were average size, average clean, average bedding!!
for $60.00/a night, I have stayed in ALOT BETTER!! for me, this is a $39.99 truckers special. speaking of trucks, both mornings I was awakened by a diesel semi-truck coming thru the parking lot. the average patron is a construction worker/foreman with average age of 50. I saw no women staying here. don't blame them, especially with the outside room door entry.
I ran into one gentleman(for lack of another word) who barely had his jeans zippered, which is pertinent since this was the only clothing he had on. and yes, he went into the hotel office(the office door was barely on its hinges) in this attire. NEVER AGAIN!!!
(the rooms did have a full-size refrigerator, coffee maker and stove for extended stays).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
We received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We appreciate that you mentioned our fully equipped kitchen and hope you used this amenity towards your advantage. We sincerely apologize that you had to experience such noise during you stay. To make sure this doesn't happen again, we are going to designate a certain area for truck drivers to park, this way other guests just as yourself would not be disturbed.

We really thank you for bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at bnd@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed twice when my son came to town for a visit. Rooms have always been clean. Love the kitchenettes. They even provide a few pots and pans and plates. Very happy with both stays. Would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Carla - Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with us. We truly appreciate your comments regarding the cleanliness of our rooms as we strive to provide 100% satisfaction for all our guests. We are also glad to hear that you found our fully quipped kitchens useful and enjoyable.

Huntsville, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

hallways smell like straight hp urine. hallways are unkept and nasty. inside of the room is ok. strange odor but not bad. its livable. the manager looked good tbough so thats about it ................................................................

• Stayed August 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Mike - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We sincerely apologize for your experience while walking down our hallways, the smell you described is truly unacceptable. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am working with the staff to ensure our common areas are well kept and odorless moving forward

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at bnd@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Very upset with this purchase thru Priceline!!!! First you bid one price for a room for myself, my husband & our 2 1/2 year old daughter...... but you get to the hotel and they give you one Full size bed.... no way are all going to fit.... of course, for 2 beds (not much bigger!) it's another $10 per night! No longer a deal!!!
Only the beginning........... Beds are hard as a ROCK!!!! We had bugs and lizards running around the room! NOT at all clean! It has a kitchen, with one cup and one mug, one cracked and Dirty!!!
The shower would not stop running.... nothing like hearing that all night, but it did blend in with all the other noises we heard all night. Never had my daughter wake up so much during the night because she was scared!!!
If we weren't a family on a budget, we would have definitely left!!! So very sorry we wasted our $$ and vacation on this hotel. :(

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I would like to apologize for any confusion that may have occurred with Priceline. When a reservation is made through Priceline, the room type given includes a queen size bed. If this is not a good fit for our guests, we do offer an upgrade for a small fee as a convenience to our guests. I would also like to apologize that there were cleanliness and maintenance issues with your room. It is not our practice to rent rooms that are not in line with our company's high standards. To prevent this from happening again, I am reviewing our cleaning practices with the entire staff and reinforcing our standards as well as policies. I am also placing extra stress on my staff to report any maintenance issues so every room can be given the proper attention.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Please contact me, at bnd@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Been to Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon? Share your experiences!