“Like kitchenettes” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   330 Grand Regency Blvd, Brandon, FL 33510 (Formerly Homestead Tampa / Brandon)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #4 of 6 hotels in Brandon
“Like kitchenettes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed twice when my son came to town for a visit. Rooms have always been clean. Love the kitchenettes. They even provide a few pots and pans and plates. Very happy with both stays. Would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Carla - Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with us. We truly appreciate your comments regarding the cleanliness of our rooms as we strive to provide 100% satisfaction for all our guests. We are also glad to hear that you found our fully quipped kitchens useful and enjoyable.

38 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Huntsville, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

hallways smell like straight hp urine. hallways are unkept and nasty. inside of the room is ok. strange odor but not bad. its livable. the manager looked good tbough so thats about it ................................................................

• Stayed August 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Mike - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We sincerely apologize for your experience while walking down our hallways, the smell you described is truly unacceptable. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am working with the staff to ensure our common areas are well kept and odorless moving forward

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at bnd@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Very upset with this purchase thru Priceline!!!! First you bid one price for a room for myself, my husband & our 2 1/2 year old daughter...... but you get to the hotel and they give you one Full size bed.... no way are all going to fit.... of course, for 2 beds (not much bigger!) it's another $10 per night! No longer a deal!!!
Only the beginning........... Beds are hard as a ROCK!!!! We had bugs and lizards running around the room! NOT at all clean! It has a kitchen, with one cup and one mug, one cracked and Dirty!!!
The shower would not stop running.... nothing like hearing that all night, but it did blend in with all the other noises we heard all night. Never had my daughter wake up so much during the night because she was scared!!!
If we weren't a family on a budget, we would have definitely left!!! So very sorry we wasted our $$ and vacation on this hotel. :(

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I would like to apologize for any confusion that may have occurred with Priceline. When a reservation is made through Priceline, the room type given includes a queen size bed. If this is not a good fit for our guests, we do offer an upgrade for a small fee as a convenience to our guests. I would also like to apologize that there were cleanliness and maintenance issues with your room. It is not our practice to rent rooms that are not in line with our company's high standards. To prevent this from happening again, I am reviewing our cleaning practices with the entire staff and reinforcing our standards as well as policies. I am also placing extra stress on my staff to report any maintenance issues so every room can be given the proper attention.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Please contact me, at bnd@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Brandon, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Living locally and loving the area I live in, I mistakenly assumed this hotel would live up to my standards .It did not. Overall, it was fairly clean but there were roaches in the room (in the kitchen area, in the air conditioner and in the bathroom). Did I stay?? NO WAY!!!

Room Tip: my tip.... Choose ANOTHER hotel!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Diana - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations. The situation you described regarding the level of cleanliness in your room is truly unacceptable. In response to your feedback, I am going to address these issues with the staff and will work directly with them to improve our cleaning procedures as well as inspection policies moving forward.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at BND@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I reserved this room through a third-party hotel site (think Priceline, Hotwire) and was clearly lured by the extremely low rate offered and the fact that I would be staying longer-term. This is yet another case of getting what you pay for. While I can honestly say that I got what I paid for, it wasn't much. Biggest complaint? Housekeeping. You typically see this with studio-type properties designed for longer-term stays, but it's very clear that there's virtually no attention to detail when it comes to cleaning in between guests. The first thing I did (and I recommend you do this too, if you happen to stay here) is to strip off the bedspread and replace it with a blanket of my own. Throughout my stay I continued to find trash that did not belong to me, and I'm sure the floor was absolutely filthy. Be aware rooms are only serviced ONCE per WEEK during your stay, so be prepared to do some cleaning of your own. The nearest convenience store is a mile away, and the nearest grocery store is nearly two miles away. Think long and hard before staying here--even though the price might be right.

Room Tip: This hotel backs directly up onto Interstate 75. Rooms closer to the front office will be quieter t...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Pat - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so disappointed that you were not happy with your stay. Please accept my apology. Your comments were reviewed by the staff and we held a meeting based on those comments and highlighted the fact that the small details can not be overlooked. We strive for cleanliness and I want to make sure your experience is not repeated. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at BND@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
Brandon, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

the staff is awesome and very sincere. i had to clean the room as it appeared to be just a quick run threw. Vacuum cleaner was a must and i stripped the bedding for fresh with no questions. They need to renovate badly. I really wished they would have had more discount for extended length of stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. We appreciate you acknowledging our wonderful staff as they make us very proud. Please accept our apologies that you experienced some minor problems with your room. We are working towards a complete renovation on our hotel this year, giving us a fresh new look.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We hope you enjoy the rest of your stay!
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The only plus point of the hotel was that it was very close to the shopping area. AMC, Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Best Buy, Red Lobster and Olive Garden was at walking distance. The staff were very supportive.

The Carpet in the Room was very dirty. Sleeper sofa was torn, plus it was also dirty.

This homestead needs a interior makeover.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The carpet and sofa issues you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, we will address these issues prior to renting this room again. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I hope that you will contact me directly, at bnd@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon? Share your experiences!