“I wouldnt do it again :-(” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   330 Grand Regency Blvd, Brandon, FL 33510 (Formerly Homestead Tampa / Brandon)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Brandon
Brandon, Florida
“I wouldnt do it again :-(”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Living locally and loving the area I live in, I mistakenly assumed this hotel would live up to my standards .It did not. Overall, it was fairly clean but there were roaches in the room (in the kitchen area, in the air conditioner and in the bathroom). Did I stay?? NO WAY!!!

Room Tip: my tip.... Choose ANOTHER hotel!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Diana - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations. The situation you described regarding the level of cleanliness in your room is truly unacceptable. In response to your feedback, I am going to address these issues with the staff and will work directly with them to improve our cleaning procedures as well as inspection policies moving forward.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at BND@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I reserved this room through a third-party hotel site (think Priceline, Hotwire) and was clearly lured by the extremely low rate offered and the fact that I would be staying longer-term. This is yet another case of getting what you pay for. While I can honestly say that I got what I paid for, it wasn't much. Biggest complaint? Housekeeping. You typically see this with studio-type properties designed for longer-term stays, but it's very clear that there's virtually no attention to detail when it comes to cleaning in between guests. The first thing I did (and I recommend you do this too, if you happen to stay here) is to strip off the bedspread and replace it with a blanket of my own. Throughout my stay I continued to find trash that did not belong to me, and I'm sure the floor was absolutely filthy. Be aware rooms are only serviced ONCE per WEEK during your stay, so be prepared to do some cleaning of your own. The nearest convenience store is a mile away, and the nearest grocery store is nearly two miles away. Think long and hard before staying here--even though the price might be right.

Room Tip: This hotel backs directly up onto Interstate 75. Rooms closer to the front office will be quieter t...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Pat - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so disappointed that you were not happy with your stay. Please accept my apology. Your comments were reviewed by the staff and we held a meeting based on those comments and highlighted the fact that the small details can not be overlooked. We strive for cleanliness and I want to make sure your experience is not repeated. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at BND@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
Brandon, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

the staff is awesome and very sincere. i had to clean the room as it appeared to be just a quick run threw. Vacuum cleaner was a must and i stripped the bedding for fresh with no questions. They need to renovate badly. I really wished they would have had more discount for extended length of stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. We appreciate you acknowledging our wonderful staff as they make us very proud. Please accept our apologies that you experienced some minor problems with your room. We are working towards a complete renovation on our hotel this year, giving us a fresh new look.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We hope you enjoy the rest of your stay!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The only plus point of the hotel was that it was very close to the shopping area. AMC, Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Best Buy, Red Lobster and Olive Garden was at walking distance. The staff were very supportive.

The Carpet in the Room was very dirty. Sleeper sofa was torn, plus it was also dirty.

This homestead needs a interior makeover.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The carpet and sofa issues you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, we will address these issues prior to renting this room again. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I hope that you will contact me directly, at bnd@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Lured by the prospect of cooking our own dinner, we chose this Homestead over the La Quinta & Holiday Inn Express next door. And we soon realized our mistake.

There were dents and scratches all over the door.

The minute I sat down at the desk, a roach fell from the ceiling and landed right in front of me.

The toilet clogged easily, and the plunger we found under the bathroom sink was put to good use.

The kitchen utensils were DIRTY. We ended up using our camping cookware instead.

The coffee maker had dirty crust of filth all over. The toaster oven was rusted inside and out. The a/c unit had dirt in the vents. The bathroom towel rack was rusted.

The walls felt extemely thin. we could hear everything from the neighbors' doors to freeway noise.

Needless to say we'll be steering away from Homestead in the future, and will read reviews carefully before staying at a hotel we are not familiar with.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The cleanliness issues you described are not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, my team is receiving continuous training on a daily basis. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I hope that you will contact me directly at bnd@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I was attending a memorial serv, single female traveling alone and researched this whole area alot, b4 going, From the reviews I had read I would NOT have stayed @ Homestead but I stopped there by mistake thinking it was the hotel next door. Ended up the staff was great/ friendly and helpful, I asked to see a room and it was more than I needed. Complete stocked small kitchen, with counter and stools, all was clean,TV and good AC. Price was outstanding compared by others. Yes it was a bit dated and yes I heard some voices outside but it was not disturbing to me at all. Staff will direct you to anything you need. Also..I did check out the hotel I was going to stay at across the street but decided to stay at Homestead.. and glad I did bcuz price was right for what I needed, to sleep b4 getting back on the road again. I will stay there again and do recommend.

Room Tip: First, ask to see the room you will be staying in, that way you know what you'r getting and deci...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon, responded to this review, September 28, 2012

Miami
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

This is the 4th time I have stayed here and it just keeps getting worse. The last time the day after checking in we kept seeing roaches! And they seem to be getting bigger. We moved rooms and the roaches showed up the last night we were there. This time the loud music outside, the loud footsteps upstairs at all hours of the night, and the conversations outside our room it just too much. The rooms also seem to be getting more run down and dirty. This hotel is going downhill only within a few months.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Meggan - I recently received a copy of your review for our hotel. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Let me begin by saying thank you for staying with us multiple times. This hotel values guests, like yourself, which is why it is so important that we provide friendly service, clean rooms and comfortable surroundings. It saddens me to hear that we were not able to provide this for you on your last visit. Knowing that you were affected by lack of cleanliness and noise disturbances throughout the night, I have spoken with our staff and reviewed proper cleaning procedures as well as company guidelines for noise complaints.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel for the fifth time or any other brand location in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon? Share your experiences!