“Roaches and loud neighbors!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon

You added Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   330 Grand Regency Blvd, Brandon, FL 33510 (Formerly Homestead Tampa / Brandon)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Brandon
Miami
“Roaches and loud neighbors!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

This is the 4th time I have stayed here and it just keeps getting worse. The last time the day after checking in we kept seeing roaches! And they seem to be getting bigger. We moved rooms and the roaches showed up the last night we were there. This time the loud music outside, the loud footsteps upstairs at all hours of the night, and the conversations outside our room it just too much. The rooms also seem to be getting more run down and dirty. This hotel is going downhill only within a few months.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Meggan - I recently received a copy of your review for our hotel. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Let me begin by saying thank you for staying with us multiple times. This hotel values guests, like yourself, which is why it is so important that we provide friendly service, clean rooms and comfortable surroundings. It saddens me to hear that we were not able to provide this for you on your last visit. Knowing that you were affected by lack of cleanliness and noise disturbances throughout the night, I have spoken with our staff and reviewed proper cleaning procedures as well as company guidelines for noise complaints.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel for the fifth time or any other brand location in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
North Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Well I give this hotel an A+. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. The room was clean and smelled fresh. The linens and towels were clean and spot free. They even had a barbecue area with a grill and benches that overlooked a pond. The hotel also was close to the freeway but tucked away on a winding street lined with trees. There was also A Lot of restaurants nearby: Cheesecake Factory, California Pizza Kitchen, Hooters, Buca di Beppo, just to name a few. There is also a pretty big mall about 1 mile away... but the rooms have kitchens and are stocked with cookware and utensils, so if you are into saving money you can cook. Walmart is about 1.5 miles away and there is a grocery store, Publix, across the street from the Walmart. They also allow pets, if you are traveling with Fido :) (for a nominal fee)

Room Tip: Top floor of the back building will get you a view of the pond. The corner rooms have double beds an...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you.

Miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel. The first time was in late April 2012 and it was just a good. The rooms are clean and the staff is very friendly and helpful. It's in a great location to shops, grocery stores, and restaurants. It's also very close to the highway. The only problem is some rooms are missing different things. The last room was missing the trash can in the bathroom and this room is missing all the silverware and pots. Besides the missing stuff it's a great stay with a good price.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Homestead Tampa - Brandon. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Brandon, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I have been here since September 2011 looking for the right home to purchase and it is May 2012. I have found my home but making a slow transition. Anyway, the price is definitely reasonable. Since I have been here, I have never had any problems at all. The housekeepers are awesome, the front desk staff and management staff are very sweet, they always greet you with a smile, which is rear in the hotel industry.. If you have a problem with anything, they will accommodate you with no hesitation. When my room is cleaned, it is always cleaned as if it were my initial check-in. I have stayed in Homestead Studios before, but I am glad I chose this one because I have never been accommodated the way I have been while here. I do know if I have relatives or friends come in to town, I will definitely use them. I will say this, I don't say this about too many hotels, as I have traveled a lot too. i love it here and I will miss the friendly and warmed welcomes when I depart. I would definitely recommend Homestead Brandon for a long-term, or short term stay.

Room Tip: I am on the second floor single queen and I love it. It all depends on the size of your party as we...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Tampa - Brandon. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Brandon, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

We came to this extended stay hotel in Oct. of 2010 intending to stay only until we found property in Tampa. We are still here in May 2012. The inexpensive monthly rate includes everything from cable to WiFi. The staff is courteous and professional.
And clean ! Boy, do they clean ! Every day as rooms are emptied the maid cleans then someone checks after the maid. The only problems we have had are the occasional rowdy weekend guest. And when we complained the manager took care of the problem. All in all a good value for your dollar whether you plan a short or long term stay. Clean, cheerful service and inexpensive ! What a deal !

Room Tip: Choose the 200 building overlooking the lake. Live oaks, herons,storks, ducks, a park bench and a...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Homestead Tampa - Brandon. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Seneca, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

Well, I guess I get what I paid for here, although being a state employee, $80 some dollars a night is still not 'cheap' to me! My husband booked the stay before we left for a cruise out of Tampa, asking me if I knew anything about 'Homestead'. I stayed at a Home 'something' years ago and said, yeah I think they are nice. Humn, won't make that mistake again. This looked like a traveling workman's hotel(lots of trucks with tools in the beds in the parking lot -they must give them a small expense account or per diem). There was a mini kitchen, bed, bath and lots of crap that came on the carpet. We requested they come back in and vacuum, to no avail. We tried to track down the maid on the first day but she was no where to be found until the next day when we were going to check out. Obnoxious. We had told them we were leaving that day, she ignored the DND sign and started knocking before 8 am. I answered she wanted to know if we were staying- duh(but she didn't ask about the carpet). She knocked 3 more times before we left at check-out at 11. I guess it didn't matter, she lost the tip on the first knock. Overall, would not stay again, felt dirty, poor condition, really got the feeling that they knew they were the cheapest place in town and didn't give a rip about you, just take the money. Being powerless in that situation, I've taken to the web. Power to the people!! :-)

Room Tip: Read the reviews, people are telling you what they see, they don't put in their 'broccure...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Spring Hill, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

the place is infested with bedbugs!!!! i tried to talk to management about this, but it fell on deaf ears... no calls, no apologies, just bedbug bites. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND STAY AWAY UNLESS YOU WANT TO INFEST YOUR FAMILY AND HOME WITH BEDBUGS!!!

Room Tip: unless you want to infest yourself and your family with bedbugs, stay away!!!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Been to Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon? Share your experiences!