“Homestead, Brandon, Florida -- good value for the money !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon

You added Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   330 Grand Regency Blvd, Brandon, FL 33510 (Formerly Homestead Tampa / Brandon)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Brandon
Brandon, Florida
“Homestead, Brandon, Florida -- good value for the money !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

We came to this extended stay hotel in Oct. of 2010 intending to stay only until we found property in Tampa. We are still here in May 2012. The inexpensive monthly rate includes everything from cable to WiFi. The staff is courteous and professional.
And clean ! Boy, do they clean ! Every day as rooms are emptied the maid cleans then someone checks after the maid. The only problems we have had are the occasional rowdy weekend guest. And when we complained the manager took care of the problem. All in all a good value for your dollar whether you plan a short or long term stay. Clean, cheerful service and inexpensive ! What a deal !

Room Tip: Choose the 200 building overlooking the lake. Live oaks, herons,storks, ducks, a park bench and a...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Homestead Tampa - Brandon. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Seneca, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

Well, I guess I get what I paid for here, although being a state employee, $80 some dollars a night is still not 'cheap' to me! My husband booked the stay before we left for a cruise out of Tampa, asking me if I knew anything about 'Homestead'. I stayed at a Home 'something' years ago and said, yeah I think they are nice. Humn, won't make that mistake again. This looked like a traveling workman's hotel(lots of trucks with tools in the beds in the parking lot -they must give them a small expense account or per diem). There was a mini kitchen, bed, bath and lots of crap that came on the carpet. We requested they come back in and vacuum, to no avail. We tried to track down the maid on the first day but she was no where to be found until the next day when we were going to check out. Obnoxious. We had told them we were leaving that day, she ignored the DND sign and started knocking before 8 am. I answered she wanted to know if we were staying- duh(but she didn't ask about the carpet). She knocked 3 more times before we left at check-out at 11. I guess it didn't matter, she lost the tip on the first knock. Overall, would not stay again, felt dirty, poor condition, really got the feeling that they knew they were the cheapest place in town and didn't give a rip about you, just take the money. Being powerless in that situation, I've taken to the web. Power to the people!! :-)

Room Tip: Read the reviews, people are telling you what they see, they don't put in their 'broccure...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Spring Hill, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

the place is infested with bedbugs!!!! i tried to talk to management about this, but it fell on deaf ears... no calls, no apologies, just bedbug bites. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND STAY AWAY UNLESS YOU WANT TO INFEST YOUR FAMILY AND HOME WITH BEDBUGS!!!

Room Tip: unless you want to infest yourself and your family with bedbugs, stay away!!!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Valrico, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

From the time I got here it was awful. The first room I was in had a crack in glass closet door which they fixed with tape. Bathroom ceiling was dropping paint chips like crazy due to water damage. They moved me to a different room and the door was not locking properly so that I felt my personal safety was at risk. The first letter I wrote to them was answered promptly, the second one regarding my safety I still have yet to hear anything. Internet service is iffy at best and on a few occasions, the telephone in the room would not work so that I couldn't even dial out and reach someone to help me. Do yourself a favor, DON"T STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Don't think there is a best room
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2011

Was in brandon for a extended trip , this place was good for that. The rooms are decent/clean and the staff is friendly. You can find better options if you are just doing just a daily rate.this place is best for 1 week or more based on the weekly rate. And best of all NO BED BUGS I would stay again!

• Stayed February 2011
fortmyers
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

I have stayed at Homestead Suites in the past and have enjoyed my stays however, this time... not so much. The rooms smelled of dog as this hotels allows dogs the a/c did not work and the room stayed hot for most of the visit . If you like loud train noises than this is the hotel for you.
There is a train that runs several times a night and blows its whistle very loud all hours of the night.
The room showed signs of smoking in a nonsmoking room. The kitchen had a full size refir. however it leaked water and the stove has 2 burners however the burner did not work. There is no housekeeping however there is daily towel exchange. This is no pool, in the hotel listing it does say pool . There is an internet fee of $4.99 however it did not work very well.
I will not be staying here again!!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Palm Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2008

We took off on a 28th wedding anniversary quest to visit places we went on our honeymoon. However, Tropical Storm Hanna moved closer to the coast of Florida's East Coast. While experiencing poor weather on the southeast coast of Florida, my wife and I decided to go across the state and ended up taking State Road 60 which was a very interesting if you like to see beef and dairy cattle by the thousands. When we got to Bartow we stopped to eat and I found a travel magazine with hotel listings. We decided to call the hotels 30 miles down the road near I-75. The first place i called is the Homstead. I told them we had two pets with us and about the coupon rate and we asked if they honor AARP and they did not. They do honor AAA if your a member.

The lady on the phone was so nice and told me she would reduce the rate and it was less than the coupon.

When I got there they were just as nice and the room is perfect! We are staying here for our trip. If you like casino action the Hard Rock is 7 miles from here. My wife just called and is making a withdrawal not a deposit at the Hard Rock.

By the way this room is not as fancy as a Hard Rock for three times the price which I stayed in recently in Hollywood, FL. However, I like the Homestead better. It is cleaner and well managed. I will not rate it like most with a star rating but will give it for what it is and price a 10 out of a possible 10.

Stayed September 2008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brandon
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon Regency Park
3.0 of 5 stars 24 reviews
Red Roof Inn Tampa Brandon
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon West

Been to Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon? Share your experiences!