“I will never stay in this hotel again” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon

You added Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   330 Grand Regency Blvd, Brandon, FL 33510 (Formerly Homestead Tampa / Brandon)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Brandon
Valrico, Florida
“I will never stay in this hotel again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

From the time I got here it was awful. The first room I was in had a crack in glass closet door which they fixed with tape. Bathroom ceiling was dropping paint chips like crazy due to water damage. They moved me to a different room and the door was not locking properly so that I felt my personal safety was at risk. The first letter I wrote to them was answered promptly, the second one regarding my safety I still have yet to hear anything. Internet service is iffy at best and on a few occasions, the telephone in the room would not work so that I couldn't even dial out and reach someone to help me. Do yourself a favor, DON"T STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Don't think there is a best room
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2011

Was in brandon for a extended trip , this place was good for that. The rooms are decent/clean and the staff is friendly. You can find better options if you are just doing just a daily rate.this place is best for 1 week or more based on the weekly rate. And best of all NO BED BUGS I would stay again!

• Stayed February 2011
fortmyers
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

I have stayed at Homestead Suites in the past and have enjoyed my stays however, this time... not so much. The rooms smelled of dog as this hotels allows dogs the a/c did not work and the room stayed hot for most of the visit . If you like loud train noises than this is the hotel for you.
There is a train that runs several times a night and blows its whistle very loud all hours of the night.
The room showed signs of smoking in a nonsmoking room. The kitchen had a full size refir. however it leaked water and the stove has 2 burners however the burner did not work. There is no housekeeping however there is daily towel exchange. This is no pool, in the hotel listing it does say pool . There is an internet fee of $4.99 however it did not work very well.
I will not be staying here again!!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Palm Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2008

We took off on a 28th wedding anniversary quest to visit places we went on our honeymoon. However, Tropical Storm Hanna moved closer to the coast of Florida's East Coast. While experiencing poor weather on the southeast coast of Florida, my wife and I decided to go across the state and ended up taking State Road 60 which was a very interesting if you like to see beef and dairy cattle by the thousands. When we got to Bartow we stopped to eat and I found a travel magazine with hotel listings. We decided to call the hotels 30 miles down the road near I-75. The first place i called is the Homstead. I told them we had two pets with us and about the coupon rate and we asked if they honor AARP and they did not. They do honor AAA if your a member.

The lady on the phone was so nice and told me she would reduce the rate and it was less than the coupon.

When I got there they were just as nice and the room is perfect! We are staying here for our trip. If you like casino action the Hard Rock is 7 miles from here. My wife just called and is making a withdrawal not a deposit at the Hard Rock.

By the way this room is not as fancy as a Hard Rock for three times the price which I stayed in recently in Hollywood, FL. However, I like the Homestead better. It is cleaner and well managed. I will not rate it like most with a star rating but will give it for what it is and price a 10 out of a possible 10.

Stayed September 2008
Jacksonville, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2008

We stayed here for only one night, and have no major complaints. The room was clean, and comfortable. Check in (and check out the next morning) was easy, and the staff was very friendly. The woman who checked us out in the morning helped us locate the venue we needed for the day and printed directions for us.

Within walking distance are several dining chains, as well as shopping and a movie theatre.

The room was a good value for the money, but could use an update. The bedspread could be updated, and the pillows were a little flat.

Other than that, we would stay here again, though if we were searching for something long term, we may have looked somewhere else.

• Liked — They were close to everything, and inexpensive
  • Disliked — Could use some new bedding/pillows
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
philadelphia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2008

I originally booked to stay at the Homestead with my family for 3 days. I checked in a day earlier, and thank God I did. The room smelled musty. The bathroom had mold all over. There were stains on the carpet and the furniture. It was absolutely disgusting. I would never recommend anyone to stay there. I stayed the one night, then cancelled the rest of my reservation.

• Stayed July 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2008

During all my travel, both in America and abroad, I have never stayed at a more unclean and filthy environment than I've experienced at the Homestead located in Brandon, Florida. It was the worst of the worst. I was embarassed to have my mother and children stay there and it wasn't my ownership of the hotel. It was over priced and extremely filthy!!! The toilet smelled like urine when we arrived and there were no utensils available worth using. The carpet smelled like fungus feet.
The manager from the Brandon, Florida location recently phoned requesting to speak with me. I attempted to return the call and reached a guest service representative instead. Get this, it was the same guy that checked me out, whom at the time had the most irritable attitude, very unfriendly and during the conversation on the phone, he had the SAME irritable attitude. If you're looking for a hotel to stay, please stay somewhere else other than the Homestead in Brandon, Florida.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Filthy, unclean carpet, unclean bath room, floors dirty, dishes unusable, stuffy room, smelly!!
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon? Share your experiences!