“Lots of choices on the buffet and fresh” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #110 of 269 Restaurants in Brandon
Cuisines: Japanese
Tampa, Florida
“Lots of choices on the buffet and fresh”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I'm the world's pickiest eater, so there were only a few things on the buffet that I would eat. The great thing is that the hibachi chef will make something just for you.

Visited May 2013

Gouda, The Netherlands
“Decent buffet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

This was the first that we had dinner here and although the staff is not very friendly the food is good. There is a large selection of Sushi and you can even ask them to cook your food on the hibachi grill. I agree with some of the other reviewers that the Chinese food is mediocre and not very warm.

Dessert buffet is defenitely not what it should have been with a very small selection. But we only go for the Sushi and hibachi grill and we think it's worth to go back.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
florida
“A solid "two" -- or maybe "one and a half"”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Service was good. Of course, service at a buffet is only bringing drinks and clearing dirty plates. Food mediocre at best. Not particularly clean. Vinyl upholstery split. Table leaned so much I had to place napkins again the tea cup to keep it from sliding off. Large variety of sushi offerings and has a Japanese grill complete with flames for effect. Location is convenient on major street with lots of other dining options readily available.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
San Luis Potosi, Mexico
“Horrible Experience.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Went there a few weeks ago and after reading the reviews here and on other sites was really excited about this place. For my first dinner in the USA, this was where I wanted to go since I love asian food, especialy Japanese.

We were seated behind a large party and the noise was fairly loud.

There were tons of sushi selections and mostly chinese food. I tried the Miso soup which was not so great. I make it so much better at home. This was fairly watered down. The sushi was just ok. Once again I wasnt impressed although there was a great selection of sushi. I tried egg rolls and some of the kung pao chicken along with other small items and it was just ok. Same with the tempura shrimp. I guess I just make it all better myself at home. Anyways I went to get crab legs and there were only a few legs left, walking back to my table I passed a table of two men with entire stacks of crab legs and nothing else so I guess thats why there werent any legs left. i sat down ate my food then went back and asked the waitress about more crab legs which she said were coming out. I grabbed a big stack for myself. They were actually pretty good, probably the only thing really good on the entire buffet. Unfortunately by this time a waitress was yelling her head off in Mandarin at what appeared to be her manager. The large party was making noise yes, but this waitress was much louder. I dont speak mandarin but im bilingual and can understand inflections and intonations and she was obviously arguing with the manager in front of all the customers who mostly werent noticing it except for me.
It honestly ruined the entire evening for me, since I had just flown into the country that day and had hoped for a nice relaxing dinner, not to get stressed out because of a screaming waitress. It was really bothering me and honestly I thought I was going to have a panic attack right there, I just wanted to leave my food and get out of the restaurant but couldnt since there were four of us and they didnt seem bothered. I own a small restaurant myself and would never ever dream of arguing with my employees in front of the customers.

Anyways after the large party left the waitresses were still chatting in mandarin but obviously making racists remarks over the african american party that had just left, since we could hear the N word being slung around disguised in their mandarin.

I had not yet finished my crab legs and my waitress comes around with the bill. I paid cash and took out the rest and she goes.. "Nada! no tip?" We werent even done eating yet! Anyways she spent the last 10 minutes wasting time near our table making sure i gave her a tip. Which I planned on doing when we left, not while I was still eating.

I really wanted to like the food but didnt. I guess if you go there just order the crab legs and get your moneys worth and make sure you get a quiet table. I would have given it five stars for the crab legs itself but my evening was wrecked thanks to that horrible scene with the waitress and thus Ichibans, a place I really wanted to like gets just 1 star.

Note to the manager. If your employee is arguing with you either fire them or take the conversation elsewhere. Its disrespectfull of your customers to continue an argument near them and just because you are speaking mandarin doesnt mean we dont know whats going on with the racist remarks.

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Gros Morne National Park, Canada
“Ok nothing that great!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The buffet area is very tight and when you are seated you have to squeeze between people getting their food as you get seated, not a very good set up.The buffet is ok nothing was very hot,lots of choices,small salad bar lots of sushi but again no room to move around. We might try it again bit would probably look else where.

• Visited February 2013