“Great breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Description: Phone: (813) 655-6200
Tampa, Florida
“Great breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

When we head to the Brandon-area, Sumatra is our breakfast - lunch restaurant of choice. The staff is pleasant and there's a relaxed atmosphere. The food hits the mark & the coffee is superb.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Tampa, Florida
“Pleasantly Surprised!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

I have a friend that is very into organic food and suggested that we try this new bistro. I have to admit I had my doubts but I was pleasantly surprised. I've been several times and I always get the Samatra Panini YUMMY! Also instead of the arugula salad I get the fresh fruit & let me tell you it is the best fruit I've ever had. This is the one time I can say that I've had something organic and I could truly taste the difference. Now, a negative note is this place is pretty pricey. With tip I end up paying about $12.00 and some change which is really expensive for brunch or lunch. Other than that this place is great, if you dont mind splurging a little check them out.

• Visited October 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Plant City, Florida
“Charming and Happy Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011 via mobile

I visited the bistro with my mother, brother and nephew this evening and had a lovely time, we ate on the patio. The server was very courteous and nice without being overly attentive. The food was delicious, I especially enjoyed the Cream of Mushroom and Brie soup and Mozzarella salad was to die for! The decor was fresh, fun and lively. I cannot wait to go back and try some other items on the menu.

Brandon, Florida
“Quaint atmosphere, great food, lovely service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I've been a patron of Sumatra Bistro for close to a year and thought it was time that I write a review. Simply put, Sumatra is an easy go-to for me when having lunch with friends, when family is in town visiting, and for breakfast with my significant other. Sometimes I even pop over by myself to have coffee and read a book. The food is always good, the staff is always extremely attentive and willing to give recommendations and make special accommodations. I have introduced many friends and coworkers to Sumatra (they live in the area but never knew it existed) and not one of them has been disappointed. I highly recommend the tomato basil soup, Signature panini, fruit and yogurt parfait (breakfast item that I believe is available all day.)

• Visited September 2011
Tampa Fl
“Wonderful Place to Eat and Relax”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

I've been "addicted" to this place for past 4 months. The food is so good and the people are so nice. My wife and I look forward to Friday evenings at Sumatra's. It's so nice to be able to sit outside and enjoy their delicious food. No hustle or bussle about getting table at dinner time. Not having to wait for a table is something I really cherish in Brandon Fl. The other typical restaurants still have the usual crowds. This is my little secret eating place Friday or Saturday nights. They are very busy for the lunch crowd though. A very relaxed atmosphere. Organic food choices are delicious. A rare find in Brandon FL. The menu rotates every 2 days or so. Makes it exciting to see what's on the menu. Mike the manager is attentive to customers and funny and a wonderful cook too! The service is a reflection of Mike. They are quick and attentive as well.

• Visited May 2011