“UNRELIABLE SERVICE - Makes Up Policy As They Go” 1 of 5 stars

Brandon Motor Lodge
906 E Brandon Blvd., Brandon, FL 33511-5514   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Brandon
Tarpon Springs, Florida
“UNRELIABLE SERVICE - Makes Up Policy As They Go”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

At first glance the hotel is nice but after an extended stay you quickly see how corrupt the place really is. I believe when the staff LIVE on the property it desensitizes them from the respect they should have towards there guests and they act like entitled narcissists.

On a business trip (with my husband who is a VET and 2yr old son) and we stay in April 2014 for 3 weeks and was FORCED to change rooms (5) different times in 3 weeks. No real reasons given when I asked why we had to change rooms. It was ridiculous!! NO PRIVACY, even when you hang the "Do NOT Disturb" sign on the door AND YOUR BABY IS TAKING A NAP, THEY STILL COME IN YOUR ROOM, claiming it is mandatory to clean the rooms and if you don't like it, you are TOLD you can leave in a very intimidating attitude!! They Literally BULLY You!!

No REFUNDs and if you ask for a refund, they make up a reason (like you have a dog) and ask you to leave the hotel. YES, They clearly have a "No Pet Policy" sign posted on the front door (For Certain People Only And/Or So They Can Hold "There Policy" Over Your Head To Evict You At Anytime) because when you get to the rooms in the back, some guests HAVE dogs tied up on a leash out front of there hotel room and other hotel guests are walking around with dogs and going into there rooms with the dogs, clearly staying at the hotel with a PET.

The rooms were OK at best. Nothing is updated. Old TV's with very limited channels (20 channels MAYBE and yes HBO is one of them) Old Tables and busted up chairs. Half and half on the mini frigs, some of my rooms had nice ones but most of them had old white mini frigs missing shelves. The power kept going out in my rooms when I would use the microwave and the coffee pot at the same time. There was a few roaches and had a lot of cigarette butts out front, by the pool, pretty much everywhere.

AND all for the GREAT PRICE of $398 a WEEK!!

WORST MISTAKE EVER!!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
PINELLAS PARK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

I was on a business trip in April. The place is very nice. This is not a shady place at all. I travel all the time. It's on Brandon Blvd so it's central. The rooms are nice with no insects at all and they have 3 HBO channels which I like a lot, the landscaping is nice, it is all very well maintained, the people are friendly and the price is a great value for the area. I will stay here again when I'm in the area. Ignore the bad reviews, they must have been having a bad day and my guess it's true cause was not the fault of this hotel.

Room Tip: Look at the room before you rent if you are worried about any bad reports. Walk the property.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Brandon, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I got ripped off by a drug dealer that rent's a room there often, NO LIE, watch out for a sketchy white guy with missing front tooth, and dreadlocks, the rooms there are cockroach infested, its not a very great place to pick up dope, but if you are desperate, and don't mind losing a bit of money and product, give this place a shot

• Stayed August 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

The neighborhood is great. I grew up here so I know it well. THe Brandon Motor Lodge is an old Brandon Motel that has been around a very long time. Don't expect a lot of frills. THe room was clean and accomodating. I did not see any roaches and teh rates were reasonable. I guess they could have been better for it beign such an old motel. But overall, I thought the place was great!

Room Tip: Nothing to worry aobut here. Nice clean room. Very roomy.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jensen Beach, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have never bothered to write a review on anything, This place was so awful, I felt I needed to tell people. Our room as exceptionally dirty, I had to kill 5 roaches on a 1 night visit. In addition, the hotel is so poorly constructed, we could hear the upstairs room walking around until 5 am. We got NO sleep. A fight broke out between two drunk tenants at 2 am. I am an understanding person, so, walked outside and asked them to keep it down or we told them would report them to the front desk. They laughed, informed me they lived at the hotel, and the owners wouldn't care. We heard screaming 2 more times throughout the night. The most insulting part.. My daughter had come 2 days prior to our arrival. She got a little lost on a 7 hour drive and arrived extremely tired at 10pm. The family that runs this place charged her $39 more for the same room. She has not stayed in many hotels and didn't know better. Shame on them for taking advantage of her.

Room Tip: If you are downstairs, you will hear the upstairs floor walking around. the walls are paper thin.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Very, very close to all you need. Walking distance to Walmart Supercenter (if you have a mind too). Back part of motel made for seniors like us. Made some new friends back here. Had our grandson, who lives in Valrico, over here for lunch at Subway, then a swim (it was 76 degrees, but an 11 yo can take it). He had a ball and the pool is spotless! Speaking of spotless-our room was also!!! Only 3.5 mi. from Brandon Town Center w/awesome restaurants and then many others even closer. Try the Oak Grove just 2 stoplights away. If you're into the "fancy" over priced hotels, go for it, but you will be missing one of the best kept secrets in Brandon, FL. By the way, we stayed 5 nights and never saw a roach, a "lady of the night", or a drug dealer.

• Stayed February 2013
Valrico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

The stay was horrible, we got in our room and roaches were in the beds, in the fridge, it was horrible. This place needs to focus on getting the building up to standards I am surprise that the board of health has not shut this place down.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Brandon Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!