Whe we arrived at the Bungalow Beach Resort we discovered a reserved bungalow which was in disrepair. The air conditioner (a window air conditioner I might add) barely gave out enough air for the space. The blinds on the door were broken, the exhaust fan in the VERY TINY bathroom (at most 3 ft. by 3 ft.) didn't work and the light above the sink in the kitchen was burnt out. Every afternoon we would have to leave because the room was so HOT.
While we felt the space had been misrepresented in advertisements and websites, we decided we could live with it. Our problem began however when we realized they didn't clean the rooms daily. We were told to put our trash and dirty towels outside and that they would bring clean towels. We thought, okay, but come the Tuesday that we were there, the room was beginning to get very dirty from sand etc. I was on vacation not there to clean my room especially for the price I was paying. I went to the office, and asked the manager on the duty to have our room cleaned that day. She said they would. When we returned to our room only the sheets had been replaced. The bathroom had not been touched, the sandy hard wood floor had not been touched, the kitchen had not been touched. When we went to leave, I informed the manager on duty of these complaints to which she replied, most of our patrons don't want us in their rooms, so when asked to clean we just replace sheets. Now this was ridiculous, when I actually asked them to CLEAN the room and invited them into our room.
No where on their website, or advertising does it say they do not clean or attend to rooms daily, which I feel is extremely misleading. If I had been aware of this I would have made reservations some where else. I also believe the space had been misrepresented as it was much smaller than it appears in pictures, and items are broken everywhere.
When I spoke to the management of these issues they seemed not to care, and brushed off my issues. When I mentioned the broken blinds on the main door, they said the people who had the room before us broke them and the new ones on order, but did not even apologize to us for subpar space.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reminiscent of a bygone era, the Bungalow Beach Resort has much to offer those seeking Anna Maria Island’s Premier Gulf Front Resort accommodations. Our gracious rejuvinated classic 1930′s island style resort is nestled amongst the white sand dunes, sea oats and swaying coconut palms of Anna Maria Island. Escape to our private beach area. Relax upon lounge chairs with umbrellas provided for your comfort. Enjoy the Aqua blue surf and refreshing tropical breezes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Bungalow Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bungalow Beach Hotel Bradenton Beach
- Hotel Beach
- Bungalow Beach Resort Anna Maria Island/Bradenton Beach, FL