“Make Reservations Some Place Else” 2 of 5 stars

2000 Gulf Drive North, Bradenton Beach, Anna Maria Island, FL 34217   |
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Bradenton Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New Albany, Indiana
“Make Reservations Some Place Else”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2005

Whe we arrived at the Bungalow Beach Resort we discovered a reserved bungalow which was in disrepair. The air conditioner (a window air conditioner I might add) barely gave out enough air for the space. The blinds on the door were broken, the exhaust fan in the VERY TINY bathroom (at most 3 ft. by 3 ft.) didn't work and the light above the sink in the kitchen was burnt out. Every afternoon we would have to leave because the room was so HOT.

While we felt the space had been misrepresented in advertisements and websites, we decided we could live with it. Our problem began however when we realized they didn't clean the rooms daily. We were told to put our trash and dirty towels outside and that they would bring clean towels. We thought, okay, but come the Tuesday that we were there, the room was beginning to get very dirty from sand etc. I was on vacation not there to clean my room especially for the price I was paying. I went to the office, and asked the manager on the duty to have our room cleaned that day. She said they would. When we returned to our room only the sheets had been replaced. The bathroom had not been touched, the sandy hard wood floor had not been touched, the kitchen had not been touched. When we went to leave, I informed the manager on duty of these complaints to which she replied, most of our patrons don't want us in their rooms, so when asked to clean we just replace sheets. Now this was ridiculous, when I actually asked them to CLEAN the room and invited them into our room.

No where on their website, or advertising does it say they do not clean or attend to rooms daily, which I feel is extremely misleading. If I had been aware of this I would have made reservations some where else. I also believe the space had been misrepresented as it was much smaller than it appears in pictures, and items are broken everywhere.

When I spoke to the management of these issues they seemed not to care, and brushed off my issues. When I mentioned the broken blinds on the main door, they said the people who had the room before us broke them and the new ones on order, but did not even apologize to us for subpar space.

• Stayed July 2005
, Owner at Bungalow Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 28, 2005
We truly do care about the happiness and comfort of our guests during their stay with us and will always strive to make our bungalows a beautiful, clean, comforting and relaxing place for our guests to stay.

Upon reading this review we have made several changes. We have replaced the air conditioner in Bungalow #111 with a brand new more powerful unit. We have also repaired the broken blinds and lights in this bungalow.

Our website now clearly states our housekeeping policy, of daily towel exchange and garbage removal and linen changes every 3 days.

We also have new front desk personelle who are completely in tune with the importance of customer service and taking action on items brought to their attention by our guests.

Again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience our guests experienced during their stay and are happy to make any changes necessary to ensure a happy stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2005

Every year my husband and I go away for our anniversary. We take turns planning the secret location, and this year it was my turn. I wanted to stay somewhere that both of us could relax and rejuvinate. We found that at the Bungalow Beach Resort. We stayed for three nights. After a pleasant check in experience, we headed to our room, through the gazebo and plants to unit 102. Our room was located right on the beach with a beautiful view of the Gulf of Mexico. I cannot even begin to describe the magnificent scenery that lay before us. We live about an hour north of Bradenton Beach near Indian Rocks Beach and we still enjoyed our time at the Bungalow Beach Resort. When entering our unit, it was clean and cool. The air conditioner ran the entire time we were there and never once did it appear warm in the room. The original bungalow appears to have been the kitchen/ sofa area. The floor is much darker wood and has a rustic look to it. The sofa looks like it needs to be cleaned. It has some staining on the arms and back. It looks like oil marks from suntan oil, so I’m not sure if those can be removed. We just threw a blanket on it and my husband still took a nap. The bathroom was large enough for my husband and I to both get ready without running into each other. The bed area was a new floor. It was clean though. In fact, I checked it out with a Clorox wipe. It came up with a small amout of sand, but that is to be expected. The bed was unbelievably comfortable, with a pillow top mattress. The linens were white and clean. The down comforter had a small stain on the bottom, but it also appeared clean. I must say that the view was by far the best ever. We spent quite a bit of time lounging in the private beach chairs reading, tanning or just relaxing. We enjoyed the sunsets immensley. The beach was not crowded or even loud. Due to the fact that the public beaches are north and south of the Bungalow Beach Resort, we only saw a few people that were at the Resort with us and a few from the places on each side of us. We enjoyed the peace and quiet. The entire place was booked while we were there, and while in our unit, we didn’t hear our neighbors at all. We couldn’t even hear the people talking when on the beach chairs. By the way, snag a chair early. There are about 10 chairs available, and they can fill up early. I threw my towel out there by 9:30 to ensure a seat. I would suggest that you bring your own beach towel. They are not provided. The towel they do provide are white and fresh. When you have dirty towels, they provide a basket for your dirty towels. You just place they outside your door by 11:00am, along with any trash and they take it away. About an hour later, a new basket with clean towels and a fresh garbage bag appears at your front door. Not once does anyone bother you. They don’t come to clean your room daily, so you don’t have to rush out so your room can be cleaned. They did provide a broom so you could sweep the floor, which is definatly needed due to all the sand. All in all, I highly recommend the Bungalow Beach Resort if you want a quiet weekend with a great view!!!

Stayed June 2005
Northville, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2005

My husband, two daughters and I stayed at Bungalow Beach for three nights in February of this year. We were excited about the pictures we had seen on the internet as the location looked ideal. We felt that the accomodations were below par...the couch was filthy and we had to use a sheet to cover it as I didn't want my daughters touching the upholstery...not exactly what you expect from a four star resort. Also, our bed was so uncomfortable, lumpy and miserable that neither my husband nor I could sleep. The sofa bed for our daughters was awful as well...the mattress was 1/2 inch thick!! The worst thing by far was that one night while in bed I felt something CRAWLING on my arm. The next morning we found a gigantic roach dead on the bathroom floor...UGH!!!! We will not be returning to the Bungalow Beach!!

• Stayed February 2005
, Owner at Bungalow Beach Resort, responded to this review, January 1, 2006
We appreciate the above needs being brought to ur attention. It is always our intention to provide a relaxing, refreshing, clean comfortable and luxurious beach getaway experience for our guests. Upon seeing the items of concern listed in the review, we have taken action to ensure our high expectations for our property are maintained.

The couch in this bungalow has been replaced with a brand new Serta sleeper sofa.

The shower in this bungalow was also repaired.

We have since switched our pest service and have not had any insect complaints since the change of service.

Sincerly,
Gayle Luper
Owner

Zanesville, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2005

I used the reviews from tripadvisor to book this and wonder if the owners wrote these reviews. We were very disappointed with our stay at the "quaint" bungalow beach resort. Among our complaints were a noisy single room air conditioner (couldn't hear a TV over it) extremely small bathroom & shower (24" x 24" shower), kitchennette that was far less than adequate. When we arrived the couch appeared so dirty we took the extra sheets to cover and found body hair all over them, some quality control. Don't waste your money on this location, it is not cheap at $199 a night and don't be fooled by the pictures on the website.

• Stayed March 2005
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2005

I have stayed at this resort several times (bungalows and the pool house) and its perfect - we will probably go again this year.
The bungalows have everything you need, the white decor just sets the tone for your trip. You immediately feel relaxed and mellow.
The views are fantastic and the beach is great but it is the accomodation that definitely makes the difference.
It is without doubt one of the nicest places I have stayed. The service is great. I dont think anyone would be disapointed and several members of my family from the UK have stayed here too (some several times) and loved it. Simply a perfect place to stay and unwind.

• Stayed June 2003

Been to Bungalow Beach Resort? Share your experiences!