If you are looking for an immaculate resort with daily maid service....look elsewhere. This Resort is a quaint property that people come to so they can relax and chill out. The property is directly on the beach and they have a lot of things other resorts charge extra for....pool toys/floaties, sand toys, loungers with sun umbrellas. Other resorts charge you a daily fee for those!
I got an awesome deal for this place via www.floridavacationauction.com. The auction price was so terrific that I really can't complain too much. The place was certainly quieter than other beach resorts (as we walked the beach at sunset) and it really does have a "family feel" to the place.
As some of the other reviews stated, we too, encountered issues with maintenance and cleanliness. The property's motto is "Nothing broken, Nothing dirty". So if the previous person staying in your room didn't indicate an issue, they believe everything is ok. We checked in and were pleasantly surprised by the wood ceiling and crown moulding. It is quaint and rustic. Sugar and dish soap supplied. However, there were dirty cups and diapers out by the pool. The housekeeper came after we called and apologized for not looking at the grounds a little better. We also had trouble with a slow draining tub, but I've encountered that at many resorts and it's not enough to ruin my holiday. I did write it up for them to fix so the next guests do not have that issue.
Overall, I would recommend the property to others if they want a relaxing few days away from the hussle of daily life and know how to live "island style." It was nice to walk back to the room after a day at the beach and not have to drive home. It was nice to cool off in the pool after the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reminiscent of a bygone era, the Bungalow Beach Resort has much to offer those seeking Anna Maria Island’s Premier Gulf Front Resort accommodations. Our gracious rejuvinated classic 1930′s island style resort is nestled amongst the white sand dunes, sea oats and swaying coconut palms of Anna Maria Island. Escape to our private beach area. Relax upon lounge chairs with umbrellas provided for your comfort. Enjoy the Aqua blue surf and refreshing tropical breezes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Bungalow Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bungalow Beach Hotel Bradenton Beach
- Hotel Beach
- Bungalow Beach Resort Anna Maria Island/Bradenton Beach, FL