When we arrived, we were told that our prebooked king room was being refurbished. We were given a suite instead at no extra cost (of course). Owners were helpful and friendly. Suite was clean enough and had what we needed. Bed was very comfortable even though it looked like it was about to fall apart.
The only small issue with our stay was that the ac was pretty loud and just barly kept the room cool enough.
The location is very good, 10 min walk over the bridge to Cortez. There are bikes free of charge at the "motel" and we used them frequently. AMI is close paradise, people are laid back and friendly, that goes for both the tourists and locals. We will be back to AMI/Cortez for sure and will certainly consider the Pelican Post again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pelican Post is just what you need for an easy, relaxed and affordable beach vacation! Just 150 steps from the gorgeous Gulf beach in the charming little town of Bradenton Beach on Anna Maria Island, you'll have a pleasant ground floor studio, apartment, or suite near not only the beach, but the fishing pier, and little shops and restaurants. You can count on a nice, clean, cozy room or apartment, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Pelican Post Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Post Hotel Bradenton Beach
- Pelican Post Bradenton Beach
- Pelican Post Motel Anna Maria Island/Bradenton Beach, FL