So I read the reviews and such... so here is my 2 cents worth :)
I stayed here one night- needed a reason to get out Orlando.... we Orlando-ites don't get to the beach as much as we should. Anyway, I drove over in the morning and spent it on the beach. About 2 I went over the the Pelican and they were able to let me check in early. So shower, a rest and back out again. Spent sunset and the next morning at the beach too. Check out is at 11 so I had time to shower before leaving again :) and miss morning traffic.
So Ill make this easy for you: PROS
Price, location, VERY CLEAN, has mini fridge, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, TV, Free WIFI, Very quiet, comfortable bed, close to the trolley, a little handbook tells you what you need and it was full of brochures, Shower is strong enough that it is nearly a massage, Beach is a 2 min walk... did I mention Very Clean...
CONS: (What people may consider cons and more 2 cents)
No ice maker--- Circle K is a 1 min walk if that, AND the mini freezer had Ice already waiting for
A few splits in paint- yeah well so does my garage
No pool--- Um Im here for the beach who cares...
AC is a wall unit -- so the room was warm for all of 20 min when I first checkin, turn on the AC and
fan and you are good to go.. I mean I just spent all morning on the beach, Im
already warm. - it give off some white noise-- again so what
No bathtub - I dont have kids no matter but the shower edge is almost 12 inches so if you lay a
stopper on it you would get a mini bath that would work for littles
No mini shampoo stuff- I always have my own anyway
I saw some post about furniture being dated..this is like a mother in law suite or the furniture you grab from you parents your 1st year of college. It functions. :)
I took the trolly around the island it stop every 4 blocks or so, so if you see something just pull the cable and back track a little. It passes a Walgreens and a Publix and run about every 20 min. Its AC.
The 2 places I ate were Island Time - good food good prices look for the daily specials.. and Joes Eats and Sweets..or is it Sweets and Eats.. anyway they make everything so they good if you have allergies of any sorts... (dessert place)
The beaches are scallop shells mostly, saw lots of birds, some dolphins and a couple of stingrays :) The sand is powered sugar... soft soft and everywhere not sure it will ever leave the car :)
Anyway I will be back it was a pleasant stay, no issues. I didn't give it a 5 cause most people like me won't read the 5's :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pelican Post is just what you need for an easy, relaxed and affordable beach vacation! Just 150 steps from the gorgeous Gulf beach in the charming little town of Bradenton Beach on Anna Maria Island, you'll have a pleasant ground floor studio, apartment, or suite near not only the beach, but the fishing pier, and little shops and restaurants. You can count on a nice, clean, cozy room or apartment, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Pelican Post Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Post Hotel Bradenton Beach
- Pelican Post Bradenton Beach
- Pelican Post Motel Anna Maria Island/Bradenton Beach, FL