“Very nice getaway!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pelican Post Motel

You added Pelican Post Motel to your Saves list
Pelican Post Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   202 First Street North, Bradenton Beach, Anna Maria Island, FL 34217   |
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Bradenton Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Orlando, Florida
“Very nice getaway!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

So I read the reviews and such... so here is my 2 cents worth :)
I stayed here one night- needed a reason to get out Orlando.... we Orlando-ites don't get to the beach as much as we should. Anyway, I drove over in the morning and spent it on the beach. About 2 I went over the the Pelican and they were able to let me check in early. So shower, a rest and back out again. Spent sunset and the next morning at the beach too. Check out is at 11 so I had time to shower before leaving again :) and miss morning traffic.

So Ill make this easy for you: PROS
Price, location, VERY CLEAN, has mini fridge, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, TV, Free WIFI, Very quiet, comfortable bed, close to the trolley, a little handbook tells you what you need and it was full of brochures, Shower is strong enough that it is nearly a massage, Beach is a 2 min walk... did I mention Very Clean...

CONS: (What people may consider cons and more 2 cents)

No ice maker--- Circle K is a 1 min walk if that, AND the mini freezer had Ice already waiting for
me
A few splits in paint- yeah well so does my garage
No pool--- Um Im here for the beach who cares...
AC is a wall unit -- so the room was warm for all of 20 min when I first checkin, turn on the AC and
fan and you are good to go.. I mean I just spent all morning on the beach, Im
already warm. - it give off some white noise-- again so what
No bathtub - I dont have kids no matter but the shower edge is almost 12 inches so if you lay a
stopper on it you would get a mini bath that would work for littles
No mini shampoo stuff- I always have my own anyway

I saw some post about furniture being dated..this is like a mother in law suite or the furniture you grab from you parents your 1st year of college. It functions. :)

Other:
I took the trolly around the island it stop every 4 blocks or so, so if you see something just pull the cable and back track a little. It passes a Walgreens and a Publix and run about every 20 min. Its AC.

The 2 places I ate were Island Time - good food good prices look for the daily specials.. and Joes Eats and Sweets..or is it Sweets and Eats.. anyway they make everything so they good if you have allergies of any sorts... (dessert place)

The beaches are scallop shells mostly, saw lots of birds, some dolphins and a couple of stingrays :) The sand is powered sugar... soft soft and everywhere not sure it will ever leave the car :)

Anyway I will be back it was a pleasant stay, no issues. I didn't give it a 5 cause most people like me won't read the 5's :)

Room Tip: I was in 2
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
britontour
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Second time at the PP.I just love this place.Got the king studio this time,just perfect everything you need and nothing you don't.No pool but a great place to relax before or after the madness of Orlando.3 days of doing absolutely nothing,not that theres much to do on Anna Maria.If you want lots of bars/clubs,chain hotel, shops,Restaurants and starbucks then this place isn't for you.but tranquil quiet surroundings/beach a few quaint eateries and a couple of bars then your in heaven.Theres a great pizza place a couple of blocks away.
If you do decide the PP is for you then don't tell too many people this place is the best kept secret in Florida.
Just remember PP isn't a motel its a state of mind!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Palm Harbor, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Stayed at this Motel this past weekend and absolutely Loved It! Very clean, quiet and cozy! Close to Everything! Felt very safe and welcomed! I had guests that visited during my stay and they were so accomodating and provided extra parking spaces as there is only 1 space per room. Was so awesome to walk out of the room and know the beach was a minute's walk away!! Highly recommend Bridge Street the next block over.....especially the Bridge Tender on the water for Sunset cocktails! I will definately return; in fact cannot wait for my next getaway to Bradenton Beach :.) Hats off to the Owners and staff for this Gem of a Motel!! C. Reese, Palm Harbor, FL

Room Tip: I stayed in the studio which was plenty of room for 2 adults. A/C kept the room very cool and comfo...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Columbia, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Loved the pelican and the staff! Also very clean they definitely take pride in that we saw then cleaning 1 room and they probably spent all day! Super close to the beach, food, and gift shops! A friend of ours stayed in a different hotel that looked a lot the same and paid at least twice the amount! I would definitely stay there again!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2014
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

Very cute and cozy, not the hilton but great place to stay. Could use a pool but only 2 blocks to the beach and 2 blocks to the pier. Great value for the money. Centrally located, walked to several stores and ice cream shop.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

Heading north from Naples we made a last minute decision to stop here for the night on our way home. We were originally supposed to spend a week in the area but due to family needs we had to cancel. We arrived tired and were not disappointed. The beds were very comfy and the sheets clean and crisp. We were in a small studio room with kitchenette and 2 double beds. The room was a very good size with plenty of room. Walk in shower and and window unit a/c that worked perfectly. We were very sorry to leave the next day mid-morning and were so please we were trying to figure out how we could stay longer. We loved the location. VERY easy walk to the gulf beach and restaurants. We explored the island a bit before heading home. I was trying to decide between 3 or 4 star and decided on 4 because of cleanliness, location and charm! Would definitely return to the Pelican Post.

Clearwater, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at Pelican Post. The staff was friendly and attentive to our needs. We liked the location (if not directly on the beach.) The room could have been stocked with more items. Not like a hotel where you get soap, shampoo, conditioner in case you left yours at home. We had to ask for a few other items (which were provided.) We had the King Deluxe and appreciated the separate bedroom and the kitchenette. There is only an air conditioner in the bedroom though so when the door is closed it get warm in the living area.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Pelican Post Motel? Share your experiences!