A little extra effort and sense of simple style would go a long way here, as the town, beach, restaurants, and sea are unsurpassable. Yes it is dated and dare I say, old ladyish. The coverlets on the beds are clearly more than 20 years old. It is obvious that no one with a sense of vision has thought about another place to, for example, put the microwave. It is belted against the wall immediately over the kitchen table. So much for a quaint breakfast. They might as well remove the chairs if they don't intend to vacuum the fabric. And please put a curtain across the closet, sheesh. If you are in a certain frame of mind, these are "who cares" sorts of things.
On the other hand, the staff is sweet and helpful, the location cannot be beat, the neighborhood is very quiet and central. Alas, this review will hopefully be read by the owners and spark an ah hah moment, as the place could easily be turned into a gem and would inspire folks to return again and again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pelican Post is just what you need for an easy, relaxed and affordable beach vacation! Just 150 steps from the gorgeous Gulf beach in the charming little town of Bradenton Beach on Anna Maria Island, you'll have a pleasant ground floor studio, apartment, or suite near not only the beach, but the fishing pier, and little shops and restaurants. You can count on a nice, clean, cozy room or apartment, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity so you can book your Pelican Post Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Post Hotel Bradenton Beach
- Pelican Post Bradenton Beach
- Pelican Post Motel Anna Maria Island/Bradenton Beach, FL