“wonderful stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Silver Surf Gulf Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Silver Surf Gulf Beach Resort to your Saves list
Silver Surf Gulf Beach Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1301 Gulf Drive North, Bradenton Beach, Anna Maria Island, FL 34217   |
Special Price
20% off room rate
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Bradenton Beach
“wonderful stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Comfortable, quiet, very clean and reasonable pricing.. kitchenette had everything I needed.. . Nice size room. Access to a private beach ... plenty of parking space.. ... Will be back again. Front desk ladies were friendly and pleasant.. I give it a 10!!

Room Tip: I liked the upstairs. My room had a adjoining door to my friends room. If you have more then one pe...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I was in town and had family all over the island. I was the only one staying here. My family did not have an umbrella and chair set up by 10am every morning on the beach. They were likey if they even unlocked the chairs. Great service. It is far enough away from the noisy part of town but close enough for a nice walk. I would come back. The hotel was recently updated and it is nice. Very practical, but still had a hair dryer, coffee machine and a little breakfast when I don't feel like crepes. I'd come back.

• Stayed October 2014
Clearwater, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed here two nights for a much needed R&R. They have beach access right across the street, where your umbrella and beach chairs are waiting for you. The room was nice and clean. The air-conditioner was a bit noisy, and the temperature was a little off. Breakfast was ok, some bagels, danish, and really weak coffee.

The office is closed by 9pm, so make sure to give them a call if you're getting later than that.

Overall, we will stay here given the chance.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2014

Silver Surf Gulf Beach Resort is a great value! My girlfriend and I stayed two nights for a little getaway in August. The room was fairly large and had everything we needed. The kitchenette was great for storing our wine, snacks and leftovers from dinner. The bed was very comfortable. And, most importantly, the room was very clean.

The best part of this hotel is the beach amenity. Directly across the street is a private beach area reserved just for Silver Surf. It has FREE lounge chairs and umbrellas that the boat/paddle board rental company will setup for you. There are plenty of chairs and beach for everyone, so no need to stake out a chair early in the morning. We would stroll over after having the very adequate FREE breakfast in the morning. The breakfast was bagels, yogurt, danishes, hard boiled eggs, cereal, coffee/tea, etc... Very nice.

The only thing that I didn't care for were the people who sat outside their rooms to smoke, next to my room. It would be better if smokers were not allowed to smoke directly outside of the room.

Overall, excellent place to stay and I would definitely return with my family!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at Silver Surf Studio Suite for 4 nights. I got to say that $98/night from groupon rate is reasonable for the stay.
Good things:
-Clean
-Good impression when checked in, as the front desk Pam is nice + cookies were given during check in
-Grill outside free to be used
-Good location, even though it is not direct ocean front on the ocean
-Great housekeeping
-Nice linen, bed is big, king size
-Cable TV (it is a plus)
-quiet stay, noise was to the minimal, even though they are some construction works (at least it is after 9am they started

Things to be improved:
I think they should add curtains to the blinds as the beds are by the door which causes lack of privacy or feeling of insecure.
And I think the room design could be a little better if the bed is farther away from the door, for the same reason I mentioned (feeling lack of privacy).
Wifi and phone signal is really bad..if they can be improved, that will even be better.

But if the things I mentioned can be improved, I think this hotel can be described excellent for the price rate.
We stayed at Room 232 which is not close by elevator so it is quite quiet! :)

Please go to Island Creperie: THEY HAVE THE BEST FOOD! I love their BIG FRENCH BREAKFAST! BEST BIG FRENCH TOAST, BEST CREPE!!

(I get to say if you travel in the area, this hotel is quite good comparing to the others, price, location, cleaness, quietness (especially it is not right next to a restaurant like some other hotels)...
I don't think I would book if it is on its regular price $140/night..? You make your judgement :)
But if comparing to other hotels in the area, that may be a great price..LOL But then, I may go to other areas, not Ana Maria Island as Ana Maria Island looks a little run down to me and my husband)

Room Tip: room 232 is quite good, quiet (but far from elevator, if you don't mind walking or even walking...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
's-Heerenberg, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2014

Small hotel, privately owned, so great service is a standard! Rooms have a maritime style and are equipped with all the necessities.
Private beach, with free beds, towels, just accross the road, and every morning free breakfast, with fruits and juices etc.
Location is splendid for a relaxed stay, gated pool area, with showers, so on the day of leave you cab still enjoy the beach, freshen up and leave for home.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Lorain, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for seven nights recently. The room was very clean and the staff was excellent. Very polite and professional. The shower was very large but the bathroom was extremely tiny and made it almost impossible to get dressed in it. The location was wonderful. Walking distance to some shops and restaurants. The private beach was across a two lane road. Access to beach chairs and umbrella at no extra cost was a perk and the less crowded beach, which was monitored by staff also made our quiet vacation on the Island even more enjoyable. The grab and go breakfast was perfect for us. Hard boiled eggs, yogurt and danishes was just enough to begin our day on the beach. Now, I have to mention a couple of cons about this resort. The blinds on our window, while beautiful, lacked in privacy. They were divided into three sections and there was a gap that at night gave people passing by a view into our room. Even with only the television on there was enough light to see into the room. I would consider staying here again but would suggest a room further back from the office so that people would not be constantly passing by our window. While we had two comfortable chairs in our room, we had no table so we had to drag the little metal table outside our door into our room to use. Also, another con for staying by the office was that the staff goes home and any late check ins were parking in front of our room and they didn't seem to realize that their headlights were shining in our window or that the car was idling outside our door. That became annoying more so during the weekend days when more people were checking in. On Saturday evening, our last night there, a police officer decided to back into the spot in front of our room with lights on and car running and sit there for a couple of hours. I was very uncomfortable with the gaps in the blinds and felt that maybe the resort should replace them with a solid blind across the entire window. The pool was beautiful and clean. We really enjoyed it. The other problem I had was that the cell phone reception was terrible. I could barely get a call through and had to go outside to the parking lot to take a call. Also, the bed was very uncomfortable and hard. It was only a double and we have a queen size at home so it was a little tight. Over all I would consider staying here again if we could get a larger bed away from the office and late night check-ins. We did enjoy our week in paradise on Anna Maria Island.

Room Tip: Don't book a room up front near the office.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Silver Surf Gulf Beach Resort? Share your experiences!