My wife and I were spending the day at Anna Maria Island and decided to look into a place to stay the night. We stopped at a few places in the area. I checked Trip Advisor of course.. This had ok Reviews and it looked nice. So we stopped and asked price Etc.. So we booked it. This is a very clean place. It is a very nice place. During our booking we metioned that it was our anniversary and Angie the desk mgr snuck and got someone to place a anniversary package into the room.. So when we got into the room it had rose pedals on the bed and battery powered candles lit.. That was above and beyond customer service! It was in a perfect location for us since we only stayed the one night. It has its own beach access. With a private beach. We walked to the kokonut hut for Pre-Dinner Drinks and then walked a bit Farther and went to the Beachouse for Dinner! I highly recommend both. But back to the Silver surf. I am not sure i could stay a full week here? I think if i was staying a week i would pay up a bit and stay Directly on the beach in a beach house Or a place that had bigger rooms...For a quick 1 to 2 night stay it would be ok. We did not use the pool. It was a bit small and a bit crowded/Kids and such so we just didnt use it. It looked ok for the size of the hotel. Overall it was comfortable and ok. The bathroom was a bit small i am 6'4" and standing in the tub/shower my head comes real close to the ceiling. Next door had a couple kids that iked to hang out on the balcony and were a bit loud fo a hotel. But that is to be expected anymore..One thing we thought was odd was we went to check out in the morning. 8:45am and there were no office personel in there. Only a Cleaning lady and we pecked on the door and the Donut lady pulled up and i said i wanted to just check out and give the office my keys..they both looked at us funny and said that the office doesnt open till 9am! They were a bit harsh and basicly took our keys and said they couldnt get us a receipt! Even though we didnt ask for one?
Overall I would stay here again but only for a night or 2.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For over 30 years, Silver Surf Gulf Beach Resort has been dedicating to providing our guests with a great location and clean, well serviced accommodations. We invite you to stay with us and live on island time for a while. Whether it's a family vacation, couple's getaway, girls' weekend, business trip, or some other occasion, we are the place to stay for great, beachside accommodations on Anna Maria Island. Located on Bradenton Beach, one of the three cities on the island, we feature 50 charming units located just across the street from our own private beach. All rooms come with full amenities, comfy bedding, and complimentary grab and go breakfast each morning. Our family friendly staff will help you find activities on the island to satisfy any island taste! During your stay, sit on your open patio, soak up the sun while you take in the view of beautiful Gulf waters and open sky. Take a dip in the outdoor heated pool or just relax on the beach and read a good book. If you're looking for more action, rent a jet ski, catamaran, paddle board, or kayak on our private beach. We also offer massages on the beach for the ultimate relaxation experience. Book your stay with us today and relax on island time while you enjoy a memorable vacation or getaway for the ages! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Silver Surf Gulf Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Surf Gulf Beach Hotel Bradenton Beach
- Silver Surf Gulf Beach Resort Anna Maria Island/Bradenton Beach, FL