My wife and I were spending the day at Anna Maria Island and decided to look into a place to stay the night. We stopped at a few places in the area. I checked Trip Advisor of course.. This had ok Reviews and it looked nice. So we stopped and asked price Etc.. So we booked it. This is a very clean place. It is a very nice place. During our booking we metioned that it was our anniversary and Angie the desk mgr snuck and got someone to place a anniversary package into the room.. So when we got into the room it had rose pedals on the bed and battery powered candles lit.. That was above and beyond customer service! It was in a perfect location for us since we only stayed the one night. It has its own beach access. With a private beach. We walked to the kokonut hut for Pre-Dinner Drinks and then walked a bit Farther and went to the Beachouse for Dinner! I highly recommend both. But back to the Silver surf. I am not sure i could stay a full week here? I think if i was staying a week i would pay up a bit and stay Directly on the beach in a beach house Or a place that had bigger rooms...For a quick 1 to 2 night stay it would be ok. We did not use the pool. It was a bit small and a bit crowded/Kids and such so we just didnt use it. It looked ok for the size of the hotel. Overall it was comfortable and ok. The bathroom was a bit small i am 6'4" and standing in the tub/shower my head comes real close to the ceiling. Next door had a couple kids that iked to hang out on the balcony and were a bit loud fo a hotel. But that is to be expected anymore..One thing we thought was odd was we went to check out in the morning. 8:45am and there were no office personel in there. Only a Cleaning lady and we pecked on the door and the Donut lady pulled up and i said i wanted to just check out and give the office my keys..they both looked at us funny and said that the office doesnt open till 9am! They were a bit harsh and basicly took our keys and said they couldnt get us a receipt! Even though we didnt ask for one?
Overall I would stay here again but only for a night or 2.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A new exterior renovation, to be completed in February 2014 will make this property one of the best values on Anna Maria Island. Silver Surf is located across the street from it's own private beach where you can simply read a book and view dolphins playing in the water, have a beach massage or rent a jet ski, kayak, paddle boards or catamaran!Catch the free trolley and view the island without having to drive your car, or walk one to one of the "locals" favorite places for breakfast, lunch, dinner and music.We look forward to welcoming you to Island Time! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TravelClick, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Silver Surf Gulf Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Surf Gulf Beach Hotel Bradenton Beach
- Silver Surf Gulf Beach Resort Anna Maria Island/Bradenton Beach, FL