The Silver Surf Gulf Beach Resort is one of those places that is tough to describe. It's great, except it isn't. I'll throw out the pros and cons in an easy list for you to follow and decide for yourself.
-excellent beach. Despite the rooms not being oceanfront, once you walk yourself across the street, the beach here is excellent. It is semi-private. I visited in early/mid July and was impressed at how little beach traffic there was. The white sands give way to clear, warm waters with very little waves. It's calm and relaxing. You won't have a hard time finding a good spot to sit at all.
- comfortable beds
-service was friendly and fine
-not oceanfront. I didn't really realize this until I got here, but this is not an oceanfront property. It's darn close. Just a short walk across a two lane street and you're on the beach, but for the price of the rooms, I was a bit disappointed at this.
-pool area. This is a pretty small pool. It was comfortable to swim when nobody was here, but without a hot tub, this pool was just okay. The pool area can get a bit noisy but it settles down around 10 PM.
-breakfast. If you can get away with a yogurt and a hard boiled egg, then fine, but this breakfast makes a holiday inn continental breakfast look like fine dining. Limited selected bread and frozen pastries, bad coffee, juice, fruit, hard boiled eggs, and yogurt is all you'll find here. Do yourself a favor and go to Peaches a few minutes away for a real breakfast.
-rooms. Not sure what to think about the rooms. The beds are comfortable. Tv is fine. No carpets. Most of the storage/dresser/closet space is simply white shelving that looks like it came from ikea. There are no real countertops here (even in the bathroom and kitchen areas). Bathrooms are small but clean. Bar soap is the only thing you're given here. In the shower, there is a shampoo dispenser that looks like a soap dispenser you find in a public restroom. The bathroom sink isn't even located in the bathroom. It's part of the white ikea shelving outside. Overall I'm not impressed with the bathroom and kitchen areas. But they were clean.
-ice is not free
So, my instinct is to tell you that the rooms are just okay. But don't get me wrong, it's clean and restful. Just not cozy and luxurious. And it's not oceanfront. But the beach almost makes up for this. It's an awesome beach to relax at.
Personally, I'm not happy spending $180/night for this place. I luckily found a sale on Priceline for this room at $130. For a bad breakfast and small bathroom, I'm not sure how they can get away with charging so much. If this place were closer to $120/night then I would have a much more positive outlook of the place. But I think I'll be looking elsewhere the next time I'm at Bradenton beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A new exterior renovation, to be completed in February 2014 will make this property one of the best values on Anna Maria Island. Silver Surf is located across the street from it's own private beach where you can simply read a book and view dolphins playing in the water, have a beach massage or rent a jet ski, kayak, paddle boards or catamaran!Catch the free trolley and view the island without having to drive your car, or walk one to one of the "locals" favorite places for breakfast, lunch, dinner and music.We look forward to welcoming you to Island Time! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, Odigeo, Otel and Venere so you can book your Silver Surf Gulf Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Surf Gulf Beach Hotel Bradenton Beach
- Silver Surf Gulf Beach Resort Anna Maria Island/Bradenton Beach, FL