Just got back from a long weekend birthday getaway at the Silver Surf. After much research, booked the Silver Surf and was not disappointed. We stayed in a King suite on the second floor in the building facing the Gulf. There is no elevator to get to the floor, but it really wasn't an issue. So we had to climb some stairs, no big deal. The room was decorated like a cottage; beautiful blue walls & white trim, and had beautiful wooden white blinds on the windows. It was more than adequate in space; had a King size wonderfully comfortable bed, a small kitchen area (microwave, small fridge, toaster, and all the dinnerware/glasses/silverware you need; dining table & chairs, a vanity area and bathroom. (Bring paper plates/paper towels if you don't want to do dishes, lol.) A nice flat screen TV is on the wall. They knew it was my birthday weekend...there was a Happy Birthday wine glass with a candle inside and a birthday card waiting for me on the table when we got there. So nice of them! There is a private beach area just across the street for the Silver Surf patrons, and they provide beach umbrellas, beach chairs and even beach towels for you. The beach area is absolutely gorgeous, with a large expanse of white sands and warm waters of the Gulf. A free trolley that will take you the whole 7 miles of the island stops right out front of the resort. There are plenty of places to walk to as well, lots of little gift shops and great places to eat. It was hard to leave here, and we will most definitely go back again...it truly was a little piece of paradise!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A new exterior renovation, to be completed in February 2014 will make this property one of the best values on Anna Maria Island. Silver Surf is located across the street from it's own private beach where you can simply read a book and view dolphins playing in the water, have a beach massage or rent a jet ski, kayak, paddle boards or catamaran!Catch the free trolley and view the island without having to drive your car, or walk one to one of the "locals" favorite places for breakfast, lunch, dinner and music.We look forward to welcoming you to Island Time! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Silver Surf Gulf Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Surf Gulf Beach Hotel Bradenton Beach
- Silver Surf Gulf Beach Resort Anna Maria Island/Bradenton Beach, FL