My best friend and I stayed here for 3 nights on July/2012. We arrived around 6:30 pm and the front desk was closed, but there was a phone where you call and get a code to open a box where your welcome pack is, so check-in was done quickly. We got a room on the 2nd floor, and right underneath was the parking space for our vehicle. When we first opened the room door, a whiff of fresh clean scent welcomed us to enter a spotless, white fragrant sheets with four pillows, clean coverlet and another sheet and fluffy blanket in one of the drawers. The kitchen had a small fridge, a microwave, coffee maker, toaster and cabinets with a set for four dinnerware, silverware and even dishwasher liquid. A dinning table with four chairs and a queen size sofa bed. Bathroom was neat with plenty of towels, tissue paper and a hair dryer. Plenty of hot water and pressure. A small rod with hangers to hang your clothes. The bed was very comfortable with its new king size mattress. It was obvious that the room was recently upgraded with ceramic floors, new ac unit and fresh paint. A 36 in. lcd tv with local channels. We loved the fact that we could walk to the beach and had free chairs and umbrellas for quests, and even beach towels are provided at the front desk. There is a Spa Massage by the front desk where you can schedule a massage right there in the room or at the beach in a Tiki ;o)~ You can also rent wave runners, surfboards & sailboats right there at the beach. Right at the parking lot of the hotel, you can rent bicycles and scooters. There is a trolly stop right outside the hotel and it is a free service throughout the island. Very good dinning in the Island, but only two or three close around 9 pm, but you can always go to the shopping area in Brandenton (5min) where you can find Golden Corral, Applebees, Fishbones and other sea food restaurants. There is also Walmart Supercenter (24/7) You should try eating at Moore's Stone Crab Rest right in Longboat Key in the Island... really good prices and the food was delicious ;o)~ Very pleased with the staff at the front desk and the room service ladies. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my family and friends, and will stay again in a heartbeat.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Surf Gulf Beach Hotel Bradenton Beach
- Silver Surf Gulf Beach Hotel
- Silver Surf Gulf Beach Resort Anna Maria Island/Bradenton Beach, FL
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A new exterior renovation, to be completed in February 2014 will make this property one of the best values on Anna Maria Island. Silver Surf is located across the street from it's own private beach where you can simply read a book and view dolphins playing in the water, have a beach massage or rent a jet ski, kayak, paddle boards or catamaran!Catch the free trolley and view the island without having to drive your car, or walk one to one of the "locals" favorite places for breakfast, lunch, dinner and music.We look forward to welcoming you to Island Time! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Otel, Venere and Travelocity so you can book your Silver Surf Gulf Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.