“lovely” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tropic Isle Beach Resort

You added Tropic Isle Beach Resort to your Saves list
Tropic Isle Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Inn   |   2103 Gulf Drive North, Bradenton Beach, Anna Maria Island, FL 34217   |
Grand Blanc, Michigan
“lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We had a great experience with the staff at Tropic Isle. They were great with helping us choose the right room and with pre-trip questions. When we arrived several hours early and our room wasn't ready they offered to call us as soon as it was. The hotel is small enough that you can get that personal touch. The room was nice and clean. The grounds are beautiful. And it is right across the street from the beach!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
philly
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

While the rooms look nice enough, there is got to be a better place on the island to stay for $200/night.
Let me start with our room still was not ready at 3pm (check-in is at 2:30)
This wouldn't be a problem usually but we had a 4pm wedding to attend across the street on the beach and every moment was needed.
Second of all to get to the beach, right across the street you have to cross a busy road on a blind curve, not a safe feeling.
When it was time for bed we realized the walls were paper thin. My husband and I heard everything that was going on in each of the rooms, everything!!!
While all this is ok and can be dealt with on beautiful Anna Maria Island with its view..the real kicker was after we checked out, that evening I realized I left my brand new suede ballet flats in the room. I tried to call but no one is in the office or there to help you with anything after 5 or 6pm. So I decided to call first thing the next morning. We were still in Bradenton for one more night so I figured I could swing by and pick up my shoes, since they were the shoes I was planning on wearing home to 50 degree weather. The only other shoes I had were my flip flops, what else do you need in Florida right? So I called first thing the next morning, the gentleman told me he would contact the cleaning service and check lost and found. When i didn't hear from them 3 hours later i decided to call again, I was told my shoes were no where, and was I sure I left them there! Yes I am sure, I only brought 2 pairs of shoes, my cold weather shoes and my warm weather shoes. Yes I wore flip flops to the wedding! Anyway when I questioned what could have happened to my shoes, he had no answer for me. I told him that it seemed to me they employed dishonest workers because my shoes couldn't have just vanished. His reply was the cleaning service was an outside company that they hired and had no affiliation with the inn. This happened barely 24 hours after I checked out! I was confused on how a business could run this way. I tried to call the company that owned and managed the inn, twice, and never even received any return call. It just seemed like no one cared. I understand that I left my shoes there, but I do expect if I accidentally left something behind it would still be there less then 24 hours later. Do not give this company your money they employ thieves!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
katydemick, Manager at Tropic Isle Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
To respond to "Do not stay here...", we are very sorry we were unable to locate the missing shoes for the guest. We have a very reliable vendor that handles our housekeeping for us; and we spoke with
management about it. They said no shoes were found. We contacted
the front desk person that spoke with this guest. He said he
investigated this thoroughly & was unable to find the missing shoes.
We do hope the guest had accidentally packed the shoes & found them when she returned home. As this guest mentioned, there was a wedding held that week-end at the resort. We encourage our wedding guests to check in the day before the wedding, as it can be difficult to get all those rooms cleaned from the guests the night before & the new guests
checked in prior to the 3 p.m. check in time. So, if the wedding is
at 4:00 or 4:30 p.m., that is cutting it really close to get checked in & ready in time. All the guests were checked in by the 3:00 p.m.
check in time. We are very concerned when any of our guests are not completely satisfied with their stay; it is always our goal to provide the finest accommodations & service possible. So we extend our apology for any inconvenience this guest experienced.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I would recommend staying at the Tropic Isle Beach Resort. The efficiency style room, king size bed, was immaculate, nicely decorated and very accommodating with kitchen facilities for a longer stay. The beach was a very short walk from the resort. The reaction from my college teenage daughter when we walked into the room made me know it was a great choice. She loved the cottage feel decor and common area space provided to relax.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We had never been to AMI before and booked this 'cold'. We were very pleased. The room was nicely designed, clean, comfortable and quiet. The grounds are beautiful and well maintained. Staff was friendly and efficient. A very enjoyable visit. We will certainly come back. If we can't stay here we would have no hesitation in booking at one of the sister properties

Indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Having stayed in several AAA 5-Diamond hotels around the country, I'm a bit of a travel snob so I was a little sad that the property isn't right on the beach but we could see it from the second story balcony of the newly remodeled King Bed Suite we rented. In a word the room was FABULOUS! It was every bit an efficiency apartment; comfortable, pretty and very relaxing. Natural sunlight comes in through east and west facing windows which makes it more special then a regular hotel room. The space is complemented with new crown molding and new granite counter tops in the kitchenette and bathroom, and has a very workable layout. The bed was very comfortable and we enjoyed keeping the room cool with a nice AC unit and two ceiling fans. The space was also immaculate! -Including the inside of the frig and microwave; everything still looks brand new. We traveled with our 6-month old son and had plenty of space to spread out and feel at home. The Tropic Isle staff helped coordinate the rental of a crib, small tub and feeding seat with a local company and they were set up in our suite when we arrived. The staff was also extremely professional and incredibly accommodating. ...There isn't any room service or a fitness center, but there are great places to eat within walking (or a short driving) distance. The Bradenton Beach area isn't as "fancy" or "pristine" as say, nearby Longboat Key. But for a family with a little one, it was the casual feel we needed. -The heated, baby-friendly pool was appreciated too! Finally, if you are looking for a little "fancy" then Longboat Key, St. Armands Circle and Sarasota are very close by and the drive to each destination from Tropic Isle is stunning with water views the entire way. ...Enjoy your trip!

Room Tip: The second story rooms offer views of the pool and you can see the beach in the distance.
Lake Ozark, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

This was our first time on Anna Maria Island, what a surprise. The Tropic Isle Beach Resort was everything it said it was and more. We stayed in room No. 2, it was spacious and newly decorated in nice flordia colors. Upon checking in the staff was very friendly and helpful showing us on the complimentary map of places to eat and shop. The heated pool was right outside our door or in 2 minutes you could be sitting in the white sand of the gulf if you prefer.The complex was landscaped wonderfully and parking was close. The trolly stop was just a short walk away and takes you from one end of the island to the other, we hardly drove in the 8 days we stayed there. We will come back next year.

Harbor Springs, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

The Tropic Isle is a quiet little hotel/condo which has been redecorated in very upscale Florida fashion. Our small one bedroom unit was perfect for me and my husband for our 9 day stay. The pool was just the right temperature with plenty of beach chairs. The location could not have been better unless it was directly on the beach instead of across but then the price would have been much more as well. Just a block from the trolley and within walking distance to plenty of restaurants and bars. The nice BBQ/gazebo was a great place to cook if you didn't want to go out. Bradenton Beach was lively and just a hop across the bridge to Sarasota or Long Boat key. I hopefully will be returning to the Tropic Isle Resort!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Tropic Isle Beach Resort? Share your experiences!