“It just keeps getting better !” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Queen's Gate Resort to your Saves list
Hotels.com Travelocity
Queen's Gate Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1101 Gulf Drive North, Bradenton Beach, Anna Maria Island, FL 34217   |
Noblesville, Indiana
“It just keeps getting better !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed @ Queen's Gate (in the House) July 15-30, 2012 & enjoyed it tremendously, as always ! We were treated as well this time, as we were the first time we stayed there 4 years ago. We have been coming to AMI for 9 yrs. & once we found QG, we've never looked for a different place. Tommy, the asst. manager, is just as sweet & accommodating as longtime friend, (MGR.) Kathy. All the new improvements were great to see, especially the new gazebo/pavillion/patio (built by Kathy's hubby, Rob) ! It's gorgeous & funtional. Some new decor in the house too. Looking forward to seeing what's new on our next trip. If you want a 5 star resort, don't stay here. If you want CLEAN, FRIENDLY, FUNTIONAL, BEACHY FEELING, RIGHT ACCROSS THE STREET FROM BEACH, WITH A POOL, don't stay anywhere else besides QUEEN'S GATE ! As you will find, when researching AMI, not all accommodations have pools, so this is really a plus. We love having the choice of ocean or pool or both, everyday. Miss being there already............. <3

Room Tip: Cottages are closest to the pool, Although with this being a 13 room resort, none are very far away...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

93 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Longwood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

My new Husband and I stayed at the Queens Gate for our honeymoon. We have stayed before and always find it wonderful. The rooms are always clean and neat and it is great to have the amenities that they provide. We love being able to sit out on the porch any time of day or night and appreciate the curtious nature of the owners and management. Great location, right across from the beach, and it is always quiet when we stay there. Love the new pavillion with grill and pool area with zero gravity chairs. We will frequent the Queens Gate whenever we are down that way! It is our home away from home. Kathy is always nice and makes sure we are content with everything! Can't wait for our next vacation to visit!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Its been 5 summers in a row that we have been coming to Queen's Gate and every year it just gets better! Kathy is an amazing host as she and her staff make every effort to ensure our stay is really special. The new gazebo is really nice and everytime we visit, there is a new upgrade to the facility. The facility is clean and as a pet friendly resort...it takes a lot to keep it that way. Thats why when we vacation on Anna Maria Island...Its going to be at Queens Gate!...

Thanks and well see you again soon!

Room Tip: all are well equiped, just depends on the size of your party. The cottages and house offer more opt...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

I was referred to Queen's Gate last year by a friend from Bradenton. We stayed for a week and decided to return this year for another vacation. The location is perfect - right across the street from the beach and a short walk to several great restaurants. Kathy and Tommy provided terrific service and we will definitely be back again!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Valparaiso, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

We stayed at Queens Gate in June with some friends. We had the best time, the pool was right outside our door and the beach across the street. the resort and staff was absolutely wonderful to us, made us feel like we were at home. We really liked the fact that there was no maids running in and out of our rooms, we just put our dirty towels out and they promptly replace them. we had such a good time that we already booked for next year. Thank you so very much Kathy and your staff for all your hospitality.

Carrie and Pam

Room Tip: Poolside rooms are the best.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

We just had our wedding here yesterday and Kathy was wonderful as was Tommy. It was truly a dream come true, our guests had a wonderful time. The gazebo they added a couple months ago was perfect for us to get married under and as a dance floor ! To Kathy and the staff we can't Thank you all enough for everything. We will be back and thank you again for everything....Dreams do come true !

• Stayed June 2012
Savannah, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed here over the weekend for 4 days for a friends wedding. We had to stay here since the wedding was on the beach across the street, the reception on-site and my husband was in the wedding party. The The room smelled of mold when we checked in and I had to clean it myself. Hairs in bathroom, dirt on the floors, ick on the bathroom counter. No services offered unless asked for like clean towels, toiletries, etc. The rooms are very basic, the vanity is also the kitchen, with plates, silverware, etc. inside the cabinet with dust, hair and mold. The window curtain fell to the ground as I got out of the shower since its nothing but a shower curtain tension rod instead of a mounted curtain rod. If any of the guest had been walking by, they'd have gotten an eyefull.
Based off other reviews I paid in cash so as not to be charged anything extra without my knowledge. The location is nice as is the grounds, but the rooms are very old, dated and dirty. There were nicer rentals all over the island for the same price. The island is only a few blocks wide so really every rental is within walking distance to the beaches. The bride & groom wanted to come back and stay there again next year, we will be staying elsewhere if that happens.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, Manager at Queen's Gate Resort, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
I'm stunned by your review. I was on property the entire time this wedding was at Queens Gate and heard nothing but wonderful things from everyone. With me being around, the owner on property and my assistant manager throughout the event, I can't believe you did not say a word to anyone about all of your complaints. I find the curtain comment interesting, because you can't see any showers, curtains or the bathroom for that matter from any other place in the room or outside the room. You have to walk all the way in the room to find the bathroom, so I doubt anyone could have gotten an eye full. In an efficiency, kitchen items and bathroom items are in close proximity due to the size of the room. In trying to provide many amenities, we have only a small area to work with. There are larger rooms that can be rented if desired. Cleanliness is our top priority and I find your review baffling as I check all rooms prior to arrival and certainly would not have allowed your check in if the room was as you say. Here is what the bride wrote to me via email the day after departure:

Hi Kathy, I want to Thank You for making our stay so wonderful! I know we had a large group and I hope we weren't to messy, but you remained so friendly and at ease with our request. I wanted to stay there because I love the cottages, and the pool area, and the proximity to the beach & restaurants, but you, and the weekend manager and the owner helped make our stay even better. It shows that you all love what you do, and I know that in a service business things can get difficult, but it never showed on y'alls face! The whole stay, I had my friends & family coming to me telling me how nice you & the others had been. I can't say enough nice things about you & Queen's Gate! And we had so much fun at the wedding reception...AJ and the DJ were so great! Now it's back to the real world, but hopefully we'll be back for our 1 year anniversary. All of my friends loved that area! ;)

Been to Queen's Gate Resort? Share your experiences!