I was getting ready to add my annual post re: Queen's Gate Resort, but after reading the post from "Lanenalinda" on 7-26-11, I thought I'd add some "positives", as our family was staying there at the same time as the "reunion family". This was our 7th year on AMI & our 4th (but deffinately not our last) year staying @ Queen's Gate. We have stayed @ 3 other places on the island & Queen's Gate is by far our favorite ! We have NEVER had any problems with cleanliness here & that is one thing that I insist upon. We have stayed in The House, the Honeymoon Deck Room (remodeled with a beautiful King, canopy bed) and a 2 BR cottage, (which Lanenalinda spoke about). The 2BR cottage CAN sleep 6 people, because, as Lanealinda states, there is a King or Queen bed, a double bed & a futon which folds out into a double bed. As far as having 1 bathroom, I'm sure they were told on the phone how many bathrooms it had, if they had not already researched it online, (as I always do.) We stayed in The House for TWO WEEKS with 7 people (5 of which were girls!) & we did just fine. LOL As far as the smell goes, the only thing I can say about that is I feel sure the staff addressed it appropriately, which it sounds to me like they did, because Lanenalinda states that after the staff came in & sprayed air freshener, the smell was gone for the rest of their stay. (Can't ask for much more than that, can you ?!) As far as it being "something dead" I really kind of doubt that...LOL Regarding the stove, refridgerator & coffee maker ALL being broken ~~~ I can't imagine Queen's Gate renting a room out, like that. Just wondering if they were broken, when they checked in or if they broke during their stay... We have NEVER smelled mold, in any of the rooms we've stayed in @ Queen's Gate. As far as the parking goes, all I can say is that hopefully, that with the high gas prices, they did some carpooling. If they wanted to rent a room, that slept SIX & SIX different people were driving, I can't think of anywhere that would offer SIX parking spaces, except one of the national chains (Hampton Inn, etc.) of which the island has none, plus they would cost MUCH MORE than Queen's Gate.
We were there for 2 weeks and had a fantastic time & great service from Kathy, (manager) and her staff and always with a smile. :-)
WE LOVE QUEEN'S GATE ! Thanks to Kathy & her staff, we WILL be back !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Full of old world charm in a lush tropical setting, Queens Gate is reminiscent of barefoot days gone by. So very quaint and relaxing. Take a refreshing dip in our spacious, sparkling heated pool...Kick back, relax and barbecue your fresh catch from one of the island piers or charter boats in our beautifully furnished lighted and covered patio area. Laundry facilities are available. We welcome you for a relaxing getaway whether for a day, a week, or a month! Helping to make your beautiful memories possible, is our pleasure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Venere, BookingOdigeoWL and Priceline so you can book your Queen's Gate Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Queen`s Gate Hotel Bradenton Beach
- Queens Gate Hotel
- Queen's Gate Resort Anna Maria Island/Bradenton Beach, FL