“Best View....Worst Food” 1 of 5 stars

941-778-1919
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Charleston, South Carolina
“Best View....Worst Food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2015 NEW

I rarely write a poor review but I feel that constructive criticism can be helpful to owners of establishments in order for them to attempt loss of business. My husband and I are very low maintenance people. We have been to Anna Maria Island on two occasions, this being our second. Both times we visited this restaurant. The first times for drinks....a great place to come and watch the sunset...the view is AWESOME! If that is the only reason you are coming...no problem. The food on the other hand was horrible. Seriously, we have very low expectation when it comes to food. We are not big foodies and we are easily pleased. We ordered the nachos, Rueben and a watermelon salad.

The nachos arrived and we were immediately brought back to 1991 when we used to sit outside the 7-11 after late night partying. My husband said, "these taste just like the nachos we used to eat in college honey" HIs attempt to amuse me as I was splurging on calories and planning on eating yummy junk food. Cold tostitos with even colder cheese whiz. The Reuben wasn't grilled and the watermelon salad was iceberg lettuce with some chunks of watermelon.

We looked at other food being delivered to see if maybe it was just our choices but the presentation of the other food was not so nice either. We didn't see people cleaning their plates.

As stated before, I am typically super positive but I was extremely put off by how bad it was. I would suggest going to this restaurant for the views, music and a cold beer. I will still go there for these things. But until they address the food issue I would eat before I head there.

• 1 of 5 stars Food

Shelbyville, Indiana
“NOT what it uses to be!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2015 NEW

On previous trips to Anna Marie Island this has been our favorite place to eat, usually dining here 4 to 5 times. But this trip everything changed. We started our vacation by going for breakfast, requesting indoor sitting. There was only one other party in the dining area when we arrived. It was extremely hot and we asked if the air conditioning was work and what the temperature was. This resulted in a sharp response from a server, "It's on." I went over to the high tech thermostat with AUTO programming and it read 83. We should have got up and left, but our waiter, Taylor was apologetic and attempted to resolve things. After a wait of almost 30 minutes our food came and things went from bad to worse. Our food orders were messed up, items we ordered missing, eggs under-cooked and crispy pancakes. Finally, I asked to speak with the manager. I would rather try to talk to someone personally before posting. She came to our table, I asked if she could talk, she said she didn't have time. I mentioned the heat, she said, "She didn't turn the air on". I don't know who "she" was, but the manager did not hear that there is an automatic programming system. The manager kept asking about how the food was, but kept interrupting me so she didn't have to hear the issues we had. I must say again, this all took place before the breakfast rush hour. The owners of this establishment have real problems - either they know about it and don't care or they are completely out of touch.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Spring Hill, Florida
“Excellent service thanks to Virginia!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2015 NEW

I always go to this restaurant because the view is awesome, and the food is good too. My only complaint is you usually have to wait a long time for the food (45 mins), but I was there the other day and to my surprise the food came out pretty quickly. The service was great, and that was because we had Virginia waiting on us! She was extremely attentive, and really friendly. We will definitely be back and ask for her to serve us again!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“Great location but hit or miss service!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2015 NEW

We love this cafe solely because of its location and friendly staff, However, the last several visits, usually a Sunday afternoon, the wait time for food was really long and you felt almost forced to order more drinks to kill the time which really adds to the bill at these "beach" prices. The food quality also suffered as a result, But location, location!!

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Bellbrook
“Sit outside and you'll have a five star view. The food however, does not match the view.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2015 NEW via mobile

Been there several times for breakfast, and I'm not sure what the main draw is? A wide variety menu, they have to have something, to pay for that prime location? And they have expanded. Maybe it is the alcohol served with breakfasts or anytime? The cocktails aren't part of their offerings that I've tried. I feel there are better options for breakfast. The Belgian waffle is mainly a waffle with a lot of fluffy whip cream on top. The seafood omelette was just strange, almost rubbery. Service was poor. But a wonderful, wonderful view. Maybe next time I will skip food and just have the bloody Mary's.

Visited April 2015