“Great food and even better view” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Waco, United States
“Great food and even better view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Took my family here while on vacation. The view is absolutely beautiful. The outdoor seating area is very crowded, but you are right on the beach. The inside dining room is spacious and is surrounded by windows so you still get the view of the Gulf. I had the grilled Amber Jack and it was excellent. The price points are on pace, if not slightly better, than other restaurants in their category. Service was very good as well. They do have a kid's menu for children 10 & under and the prices are very reasonable. Overall I would give Beachhouse a 4 star rating and would definitely go back there.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Williamsburg, Virginia
“Great Seafood!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We came here long ago and it was good but not great. They've remodeled and the place has great views and the food was really good. I got the seafood medley which had shrimp, fish, scallops, and a crab cake for $26.99, totally worth it. It was all fried but very good, especially the scallops that were some of the sweetest I've ever had in Florida. I recommend this if you want some good seafood on the beach.

Visited July 2014
Bradenton, Florida
“View, not the food, is the draw.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Can't beat the view. The food has always been average and we know when we go there it's for the location. I had one of the specials last night, beef tips and risotto and it was barely warm. Sent it back and they put it in the microwave. Just okay. My husband had the fried fish platter. One piece of fish, fries and slaw. Fish was white, firm and tasteless. Again, if you're looking for the view and great sunsets, you can't beat it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bristol
“Loved the food and the view.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Had lunch here as a family group of six. We all thoroughly enjoyed it. Service was excellent and I'd defy anyone to better the view. Food was very good. I'd recommend the crab pasta. It came with a lovely selection of fresh fruit. Not the cheapest, but considering the location I would consider it good value.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Illinois
“Super lunch experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Last year, we took the family to dinner here for our "memorable" beach meal and were not pleased with the noise, hurried waitress, drinks in paper cups (even though inside). So this year we went elsewhere, but at th last minute on a Friday in June, decided to stop here for lunch with our moms. It was before noon. We had a wonderful time! The renovations inside are sleek and calming, they weren't busy,we had a window table with that beautiful view, our waiter was fun, we weren't rushed, and the food was yummy!
Hubby had the Seafood Roll and really enjoyed it, as I did with the Chicken Tropicale. Our margaritas hit the spot. The moms had Chicken salad and Beachhouse trio, which is crab pasta, chicken salad, and seafood salad. Everything tasted fresh and arrived in a timely manner. Can't stop looking at the view!
This experience was so much better than last year's dinner. I definitely think it's a great way to avoid the crowds and enjoy lunch in a more leisurely manner.

• Visited June 2014