“Shawn Rhoton: Talented and dedicated wedding coordinator at The Beachhouse” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beachhouse Restaurant

Beachhouse Restaurant
200 Gulf Drive North, Bradenton Beach, Anna Maria Island, FL 34217
941-779-2222
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Bloomington, Illinois
“Shawn Rhoton: Talented and dedicated wedding coordinator at The Beachhouse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

The Beachhouse will always have a special place in our hearts, as that's where we were married over Memorial Day weekend 4 years ago. So appreciative of wedding coordinator Shawn Rhoton. Her genuine spirit, attention to detail, dedication to make your wedding day all that you want it to be, poise and professionalism shine through the entire planning process, ceremony and reception! When visiting on our anniversary weekend, she took time away from a busy night of weddings to say hello and make our sunset dinner special, as we were reminiscing of our day 4 years ago! We always look forward to the pina colada bread, shrimp scampi and fish tacos! Thank you again, Shawn!!! You're a gem! :)

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Arcadia
“Wonderful food - great gift shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Truly enjoyed this restaurant - their steaks are just as good as their seafood. Located right on the gulf, it was really amazing to eat there during Tropical Storm Andrea and watch the gulf. Their gift shop is great and their staff is very friendly and helpful.

ohio
“Incredible view on the water, food good not great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I travel to the Gulf coast several times a year and was looking for a new place. We dined there one evening and sat outside, right on the Gulf - beautiful view, and good service. The food was ok, but certainly worth another try. I didn't got with the waiters' suggestion which was the fresh catch, and probably should have.

The location and view are great, so I will definitely give it another shot next time in the area.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bradenton Beach, Florida
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

This is one of these restaurants that I've heard mixed reviews about for years. I live within walking distance but had not ever stopped in until now. My wife, daughter and I came in around 9pm on a Sunday night. In fact I didn't think they would still be serving since most of the restaurants on the island close at 9pm. I called ahead and was told they stop seating at 10pm. Maybe it was the fact that it was so late in the evening but I just wasn't that impressed. Thought it was expensive for the size of the portions. Although the waiter was very nice, he seemed to be preoccupied with other duties (maybe cleaning) so he was not overly attentive even though he didnt have many tables. He brought our salads with our entrees. Wife and daughter had grouper and I had the grouper fish tacos. For the price, the portions were small. We had the ceviche and stuffed oysters for apps. Both were ok. If your a traditionalist for ceviche, don't recommend it. It wasn't bad but if you've never had it, you will find this ok. The oysters were a take on oysters bienville. Again they were ok. In the end, for the money here on the island there are better places. In all fairness, I will try this restaurant again during more normal hours. When I do, I will revisit my review.

Sarasota, Florida
“Disgusting Smell Inside!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

What a disappointment! I've lived in Sarasota for ten years and rarely come out to Bradenton Beach. When I have, it has always been a treat since it feels like an instant vacation. It was too hot and muggy to sit outside so we opted for inside. Big mistake! The smell was awful! I ordered the heirloom salad. While the tomatoes were good, the goat cheese and tapenade were awful. I didn't say anything to my dining partner, not wanting to spoil the afternoon, but I couldn't finish and get out soon enough! Won't return ever:(.