My husband and I just returned from a 3 night stay at the BridgeWalk Resort on Anna Maria Island. Here are a few pros, cons, and tips for folks to consider before booking:
Location - the hotel is located just over the bridge and directly across from the beach.
Rooms - the rooms were quite large with a full kitchen, spacious bathroom, and plenty of room to hang out (both in the room and in the balcony). It was a good space for families. Tip: Stop at the supermarket/cvs/walgreens before crossing over the bridge and stock the fridge - we found quick breakfast and lunch options limited on the island (besides pizza!)
Bathroom: We had a large tub and a large shower - which worked out well for washing off sand. Note: We were unable to fill the whole tub with hot water (HW ran out and tub was half full - disappointing given the jacuzzi jets!)
Restaurants: The hotel is attached to a (better than expected) bar and restaurant. We didn't have the same issues with noise that folks referenced in earlier posts - the noise cut off around 10pm (and it was a busy, holiday weekend).
Breakfast: It just wasn't good. We'd suggest grabbing some fruit or breakfast items and keeping them in the fridge in your room.
Service: The staff was very friendly - very nice - but incredibly unhelpful. They asked the right questions and smiled, but situations weren't remedied and we didn't feel that the staff went above and beyond. We did appreciate the instructions for late check-in in terms of how to use the lock box and where it was located.
Pool: It was very (very) small - it's not an alternative to the beach in that it only seats about 5-6 people and only a few folks can be in the pool at the same time. It was fully shaded and not really a place to sit in the sun.
At the end of the day, this felt like a B&B rather than a 'resort'. However, the TV's have been upgraded to flat screens (re earlier posts) and the noise situation was not a problem for us.
Stock fridge before crossing bridge
Bring your own beach towels (if you want oversized - the towels provided are small bath towels)
Get a murphy bed room - allows for extra space
Don't expect to park in lot after check out - will make you move car (and spaces are first come, first serve on the island).
Bring bug spray - porch and restaurant was full of mosquitos at night
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Florida beach vacation on beautiful Anna Maria Island beach resort at Silver Resorts. Find your Anna Maria hotel and Anna Maria Island vacation rentals. Located across the street from glistening white sand beaches this Anna Maria Island hotel and resort is your perfect getaway and vacation rental. Offering full hotel amenities including towels, pool, fitness center, beach chairs, and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia and Tingo so you can book your BridgeWalk a Landmark Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bridgewalk, a Landmark Resort Hotel Bradenton Beach
- BridgeWalk a Landmark Resort Anna Maria Island/Bradenton Beach, FL