“New Year's Trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tortuga Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Tortuga Beach Resort to your Saves list
Tortuga Beach Resort
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   1325 Gulf Dr N, Bradenton Beach, Anna Maria Island, FL 34217   |
Ranked #1 of 11 hotels in Bradenton Beach
Madison, MS
“New Year's Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

My husband I are both pilots and travel frequently. We enjoy going out west but also like the west coast of Florida. We have been flying to Anna Maria Island for years and really enjoy it. We have always stayed at the Tortuga Beach Resort. We can not say enough great things about this location. Everything is always consistently wonderful! Rooms are impeccably clean, staff is friendly and knowledgeable, perfect location within walking distance to great restaurants and the beautiful beach, and reasonable priced. Over the years we have come to know some of the staff and truly appreciate the effort and attention they have afforded us in insuring our visit to the Island is perfect. Somehow too they always manage to provide plenty of sunshine! Anyone considering the west coast of Florida, do yourself a favor and stay at Tortuga. You will be pleased and wanting to return soon! Very well run organization with an exceptional staff!

Room Tip: Room 218 and 219 Gulf View 2nd floor are right across the street from the beach. Nice size room wit...

600 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We have stayed here many times now, in a wonderful studio room overlooking the bay. It has a wonderful bathroom and spectacular view of the water. The service was first class and the room very clean, comfortable and quiet. There are restaurants in walking distance, and the beach is just over the road. Everyone is very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Very quiet in rooms overlooking the bay.
South Bend, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed here over the New Years holiday and it was the perfect location. Short walk across the street to the ocean, we walked down the beach about 10 minutes to several restaurants, all excellent food and an ice cream shop as well as little souvenier shops. There is also a sidewalk all the way down, we always felt safe, and even a free trolly that will take you anywhere on the island. Our room was on the 2nd floor and gave a beautiful view of the very well kept landscaping. Really nice to open your door and see palms right there. The room itself was perfect, bigger than we expected (king size room) Everything was always clean and the decor was nice and comfy. All staff that we came in contact with were very friendly and helpful, always smiling :) It was a great stay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hainesport, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My first experience staying on Anna Maria Island, I found a piece of heaven at The Torguga Resort. The view is amazing from my 2nd floor guf view studio, the room was beautiful, clean and comfortable, and the staff was very friendly. I didn't want my vacation to end and can't wait t return again.

Room Tip: Nice pool, access to beach, resort provides beach towels, beach chairs and beach umbrellas. Conveni...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
The Villages, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Three nights in paradise for the New Year holiday. All was perfect and it was pet friendly for our two little ones. Quiet, clean and perfectly located. Boat slips are also available. Small French take out with great food also on premises.

• Stayed January 2013
Lutz, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

The accomodations were spacious, comfortable and beachy. This was a great place if you are traveling with a dog. Some places may tolerate pets, but the Tortuga Inn was pet friendly. The staff was very helpful about giving you information regarding the area, but also very respectful about your privacy. The take-out restaurant made excellent paninis. I also enjoyed the master bath as I could almost lie down in the tub.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor by the pool, but found it quiet in the afternoon and at night. We could...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Plant City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

My wife and I wanted to do something special to commemorate our 10 year anniversary before I left for Afghanistan. The Tortuga Inn website caught my eye and we are both so glad that it did! We stayed in one of the 1 bedroom 1 bath deluxe suites and I must say I agree with other posts that say the pictures do not do it justice. The room was huge with nicely done with granite countertops, tile flooring, a jacuzzi tub and large shower. Although the nightly rate was a little more than I initially intended to spend, once I saw the room I was glad I went for it. I really doubt I could have got comparable bang for my buck nearby.

Lisa, the hotel concierge, was amazing. After contacting Lisa with a couple of ideas, she pro-actively coordinated an amazing stay for us that included a couples massage at the local spa, rose petals and champagne in the room, and a vow renewal ceremony on the beach all at a very reasonable price. Awesome!

The only reason I did not give an excellent rating was that there were some maintenance issues with the jacuzzi- one of the faucet knobs wasn't tigntened down and kept falling off, and the jacuzzi jets weren't working. Kind of a bummer.

Still, by the time our stay was done we both had the romantic boost and memorable anniversary experience we were seeking. Definitely a recommended experience and we are interested in another stay there. Thanks Lisa and Tortuga Staff!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Tortuga Beach Resort? Share your experiences!