“Everything you thought it would be and more.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tortuga Beach Resort

and 1 more site!
You added Tortuga Beach Resort to your Saves list
Tortuga Beach Resort
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   1325 Gulf Dr N, Bradenton Beach, Anna Maria Island, FL 34217   |
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Bradenton Beach
Douglas, Mass.
“Everything you thought it would be and more.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

This Inn is exactly what it seems to be; it is first class all the way. The rooms are spotlessly cleaned, the staff is friendly and helpful. Each room is huge with a first class touch to all of the furnishings. Although you are not on the tip of the island (the Anna Maria Beach section), there is not much up that way that would compare to this kind of class. It's worth the peace of mind to stay here, rent a bike (they deliver) and ride to the tip of the island (takes about 15 minutes or so depending on how fast you ride.)

There is actually a lovely beach across from the Inn and if you're up to it, you can walk all the way to the tip of the island. (the entire island is 7 miles). If you do go, please visit the french restaurant in town. It is fantastic in all ways. The service and the food are New York five star all of the way.

By the way, there was a huge wedding party having a party one evening; when we closed our door and jumped in bed we didn't hear a thing: sound proof is nice!

Make sure you go to Bean Beach on the Anna Maria side; it has green waters and white sands. All it all , the inn allowed us to explore the island and enjoy our stay. We will return.

If you want to see pictures, go to loreenritter.com. Right now it shows the Anna Maria Island pictures, but if it doesn't, scroll down on the left to "see more on Flickr" click there and go to the Anna Maria file.

Lorie and Alex

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
ambergris caye belize
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We traveled from Belize and stayed at the Tortuga Beach Resort visiting our Family. When we arrived the Staff were all smiles, Welcomed us , and were so friendly! The room was beautiful and clean as well as the grounds. We hope to have our family reunion there next year! Thank-you for eveything!

KC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

This was our 2nd Christmas on AMI at the Tortuga Inn. We spontaneous decided to head south again before Christmas. We called them and they had a unit that fit our needs exactly. I am very picky about my accommodations....very clean, well-appointed, up-to-date, full kitchen, baths, etc. Two of the little things that I like are that the units we have stayed in (Bayside and Garden Deluxe Apt) are really well lit throughout the unit from overhead to lamps and all the light switches are marked as to what turns on what.....I hate constantly figuring out what switch does what and by the time you leave you finely have it figured out. You can have maid service or choose not too depending on the length of your stay. We had it included but did use it and everyday, they respected our privacy, and left clean towels, kitchen necessities and took the trash. My husband wants a place that offers the "one-stop" entertainment for our kids ranging in age from 10-17 when we aren't out doing something and the Tortuga offers that too...2 pools, the beach on the Gulf side and the boat dock to fish to your heart's desire on the Bay side. We saw dolphins everyday either Gulf side or bayside. My kids hopped from beach, to pool to dock, catching everything from redfish to grouper to puffer fish and many more. There is a beautiful Blue Heron that lives in the area and came over every time they fished to get in on the bait. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable. The parking is accommodating for big SUV's (not all places are). We will return in 2013.

Room Tip: The Garden Rooms are in a 2 story building with an open middle that has a pool. You can hear the pe...
Riverview, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

December 2012 my son was married on Anna Maria Island and we chose the Tortuga as the hotel for the wedding party and guests. We had an amazing experience. The staff was friendly, accomodating and extremelly helpful. We enjoyed the beautiful scenery of the property as well as the well appointed, clean, and well upkept rooms and suites. We had the opportunity to see many of the different accomodations since we had so many people at the Inn and each stayed in different buildings on the property. As a business traveler that spends more than 100 nights a year in hotels, I have to give this property one of the highest ratings. Staying here will make you smile and feel that you you got an excellent value!!! P.S. Make sure to try the crepes!!!...I I would cook breakfast for myself until I tasted the food....DELICIOUS!!!!!!

Room Tip: As I stated I was in many of the suites. I would stay in any one of them again....and plan too!!
Branchburg, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We were staying at the Tortuga Beach Resort to attend a December wedding on Anna Maria Island. We had the room overlooking the bay and watched the sunrise from our room every morning. It was absolutely beautiful and incredible. Our room was clean and really, really nice. We would ask for this room again. Overall, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They were able to accommodate all of our needs/requests. Loved the overall ambiance of the resort. The beach is right across the street and was great! We would definitely recommend to others and will stay there again when we come down to visit family.

Room Tip: The sunrise from the room (256) overlooking the bay is incredible.
Monroe, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Of all the hotels I called this was the first one that answered with a live person who was more than willing to help and didn't seem to think I was a bother with all my questions! Beverley listened to my needs, made a couple of suggestions, and they were perfect! Everyone there was friendly and accommodating! location was perfect and rooms were clean and laid out nicely. I will definitely return!

Room Tip: A room near the front pool is ideal
Parlin, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I was on Anna Maria Island for a wedding this December and decided to make it a vacation. I loved the tortuga, my room was nice and clean. The staff was great. The beach is a walk across the street. I utilized the free trolley for transportation all over the island. I hope I can come back soon.

Room Tip: my single room had plenty of space.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Tortuga Beach Resort? Share your experiences!