“Very Relaxing place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tortuga Beach Resort

You added Tortuga Beach Resort to your Saves list
Tortuga Beach Resort
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   1325 Gulf Dr N, Bradenton Beach, Anna Maria Island, FL 34217   |
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Bradenton Beach
New York
“Very Relaxing place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Just spent Saturday to Wednesday here. We hated to leave. The place was very clean and very well layed out. The foliage, ponds, etc are beautiful. It is a nice location right across from the beach but also on the inlet side. The people were helpful and friendly. The pools were well located. It wasnt too busy so that might have added to the peacefulness. Easy walking distance to the tiki bar, fish house and bridge street. The trolley stops are right in front of the entrance. Easy to get any where. I would greatly recommend it...only downside were the birds that would wake me up every night fighting in the bushes on the bay side..:)

Room Tip: nice rooms on the bay side have their own pool or hot tub...very private
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Lake Bluff, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

My husband and I wanted one last getaway before I went back to teaching. We stayed at the Tortuga the last weekend in August. I did not know that it was Hurricane season, and though it was hot, humid, and rainy, it did not deter us from our weekend. The room was clean to start with but house keeping service didn't show up at all our first full day there. I had to request clean towels at a minimum and made the bed myself. The following day, someone didn't show up until after 5 pm. I prefer to have a room cleaned before then.

There were no balconies or anywhere to sit and enjoy while it was raining. We were therefore stuck in our room. Crossing the street to get to the "private beach" also wasn't that big of an issue, but I only imagine how dreadful it would be when it was at peak season, such as Spring Break. That's a pretty busy street. Have you ever considered building a small walkway bridge over the road?

The pool was nice, but small and very crowded. According to the website there were supposed to be two pools and a jacuzzi, but upon arrival, we found that those were only for certain rooms. The small cafe on premises ran out of croissants every single morning except one. By 9 a.m. there was nothing left, disappointing there. Also, small tables and chairs or somewhere to sit and drink coffee would have been nice.

We plan on coming back to Anna Maria in a couple of months, I already booked our trip, however, NOT at the Tortuga. I would like to try somewhere else so I won't be disappointed again. These may seem like small, petty, things, but when you are paying what I consider quite a lot for a room, I certainly expect better service and more amenities. So I chalk this one up, to just average, really, really average.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel if you want a view of the ocean, easy access ocean, and your room cleaned b...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
katydemick, Manager at Tortuga Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
This is in response to "Was an okay stay". We're disappointed we didn't provide service & accommodations to this guest to satisfy their every need. It is always our goal to provide the finest to our guests. We searched our records and could not identify this person, either by name or city & state, as staying with us on the holiday week-end, so we're not sure what unit this guest occupied. This was the holiday week-end and we were at full occupancy, so our housekeeping staff had to do 54 services. We apologize, it did take most of the day to get everyone done, as our guests do not like to be disturbed prior to 11 a.m. We have a total of 6 buildings all nestled together on our property. From the statement about having a walkway but no balcony, this guest probably stayed in one of our upstairs units near the front pool. The units in the Garden Apartments located in the center of the property all have screened lanais; and most all the other units on our property have either a porch or a private courtyard area. Even though this guests mentions their comments might seem small, petty things, we do not look at them in that way at all. We know it is the little things that make a difference to our valued guests. We're sorry this person has decided not to stay with us again, but we hope their overall stay on beautiful Anna Maria Island was pleasant.but we hope their overall stay on beautiful Anna Maria Island was pleasant.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

I struggled with what to rate this hotel. I know they aren't extensive with a spa or breakfast buffet...but if you go in with reasonable expectations and really want a great family location, this truly is five stars. First off, we have stayed in the past in both the older and newer gardens buildings. This time we stayed in the older building, two bedroom, one bath unit on the second floor. The full kitchen had everything you'd need including dish washer detergent and coffee filters. We really enjoyed the daily room service. The pool is small but well maintained with many community toys for sharing. Towel service, well stocked front laundries store, free washer and dryer use. The small crepes to go store was EXCELLENT. would highly recommend the crepes....good prices as well. The location is fantastic within walking distance to many restaurants, across the street from a fabulous beach. Included in your stay are multiple beach chairs and umbrellas, even though it was labor day weekend, they didn't run out. Overall, I would highly recommend this location and truly enjoyed our time here.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Lafayette, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

What a beautiful place. The room was just perfect, a wonderful home away from home. It was quiet, and very Island-like. The lush garden atmosphere keeps this little Inn almost undetected from the outside world. There was parking under the building right next to the elevator. There were two pools. One for people with children, and one more discreet in the center of the Inn. The staff was warm and friendly. I would want my business run by such fine people. The beach was just across the street. The inn provided umbrellas and lounge chairs free of charge. I felt like it was our little stretch of beach! The sandwiches at the french cafe were excellent. I will stay at Tortuga Inn whenever I come to Florida if it is available. The last time we stayed at the Hilton on Long Boat Key. It was nice....but this was perfect.

Room Tip: Stay in the Gardens.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Vincennes, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

This place is a hidden gem! I say hidden because of the beautiful lush tropical trees that almost hide the inn from the street! The rooms are decorated with a turtle theme. The showers are huge! The gulf is just a very short walk across the street. To top it off they have FREE lounge chairs and umbrellas for the guests to use at the beach, thats right FREE, I have always been charged at least $18.00 a day for chairs elsewhere! The front desk staff is very friendly and offer suggestions on places to eat and thigs to do. I almost didnt write a review because I wanted to keep the gem a secret and all to myself!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
homosassa,fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

The place was ok. Beach acoss street ok. No shade . Pool ok. needed cleaning around pool. Babies in pool with diapers. A concern. Wish cafe was eat in. didnt expect take out only.Family with 2 kids had 2 bedroom with kitchen. That was handy. We had hotel room with microwave and refrigertor. I didnt like the patio aea too dirty and unpleasat to use. But for family the place was ok.AC noisey

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Poinciana, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Just had my 5th stay at the Tortuga Inn....I would love to say it gets better every visit....but
the excellence we experienced on our very first stay is what keeps bringing us back.
They have added a new welcome check in area and a wonderful little french take out
service. Had sandwiches and an amazing breakfast on this visit. Very convenient to leav e
beach and pick up a snack. Of course, 6th visit will be in the near future!

Room Tip: For families and or couples the 2 bedroom 2 bath is so spacious and the pull out couch is actually...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Tortuga Beach Resort? Share your experiences!