“as advertised.....wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Marlin Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Tele: 914-896-9737. New Restaurant just open 3 weeks. Best food on Anna Marie Island.
Dayton, Ohio
“as advertised.....wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Had heard good things, finally decided to try it firsthand. Very glad we did. The red snapper was the best that I've had anywhere! The rest of our party were also very happy with their choices. Service was good and we were able to be seated in the back yard area where we were serenaded by a lovely little jazz band called "Intuit".....that became the highlight of the evening for us. We will plan to be back.....probably the next time that Intuit plays :)!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Lexington, Kentucky
“Delicious meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

The freshest fish anywhere...cooked perfectly. Delightful dining on the back deck with a light breeze blowing...what more can you ask for?

Visited April 2014
Oslo, Norway
“One of the best meals in my life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Last minute decision turned out perfect. I almost always find some little detail that could have been better (not many 5* among my 100+ reviews). Not this time. Busy saturday night, peak season, cool jazz band playing in the cozy back yard, and a warm welcome from the staff. Everything was spot on: the service, the atmosphere, the food and the wines. The cracker shrimp appetizer and the thai grouper entree was delicious. The tuna steaks special with a wasabi cream and a red pepper/scallion mash topped with crispy wonton left us speachless. Yes, it sounds ordinary, but it was lovemaking in my mouth. Combination of tastes on that plate might have been the best cooking I've ever been exposed to. We've had about a dozen tuna meals on the island, some great ones, but this one was... Mmm... I'm calling them as soon as they open today to ask for more. Thank you, Mr Chef, whoever you are. Oh, and the Key lime creme brûlée was simply divine.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sarasota, Florida
“Cozy place, excellent food in tourist haven”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Second time around, same experience. Courteous service, while waiting to be seated the ladies were offered a complimentary glass of wine. Our expectations were exceeded, in service and quality of food. The server checked on us frequently, as did the manager at the end of our meal. Our party of six had a wonderful evening, to be repeated soon again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston, MA
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Disappointed given the high ratings on TripAdvisor and other sites. My wife and I were very excited for our dinner as we brought our two young boys for our 5:30 reservation. I ordered Grouper Francaise style (they call it something else, can't remember exactly) which was well cooked but very under-seasoned. My wife's Scallop Risotto was also bizarrely seasoned, this time over seasoned with lemon, as if someone had added 3X the required lemon juice to the dish.

The food overall was fine, but the service really disappointing. I wanted lemon wedges to add some flavor to my Grouper, yet our server never checked on us after dropping off the food. C'mon, they do that at Applebees! Meanwhile, she visited the table down the room several times who (coincidentally?) ordered a bottle of wine (we had soft drinks). That was really frustrating. I finally saw another server, asked her for our server, she replied "ok" then proceeded to immediately give a 5 minute spiel to the table next to us. Finally I flagged down a busboy and got the coveted holy grail of lemon. When I explained my frustration to our server, she replied "well we work as a team." She did apologize, as did the Manager (Max), but no one offered a discount on our meal or future visit as I surely would have done in the same situation.

Overall, this seems like a restaurant that is resting on its TripAdvisor laurels. We had much better experiences at Eat Here and Sign of the Mermaid - will not return.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere