My husband and I traveled here for pleasure from 9-16 to 9-20 with our two year old son, Jack. We had a lovely, relaxing vacation at this adorable hotel. It was very welcoming and SUPER CLEAN.
We rented South Cottage #24 (1 br/1 bth) and it was really very charming - SMALL, but charming. In fact, its size is one of the only things I can honestly say I would change about it, except for maybe the air conditioning units. The kitchen and bathroom were quite spacious with lots of storage and all of the comforts of home; however, the bedroom was very small as nearly the entire room was consumed by the queen bed. Having said that, though, we managed to fit our son's pack 'n play at the foot of the bed with no trouble (we brought our own with us, but the hotel does offer PNP's for $10 per night) and he slept quite well. The living area was small, as well, but fine for our needs.
There were two wall mounted air conditioning units that definitely kept the place cool. As a light sleeper, though, I found them to be somewhat bothersome since they were loud, but they did not seem to bother my husband. To get around that, at night, I turned off the window unit in the bedroom and cranked the air down on the kitchen/living area unit (right outside the bedroom), so I didn’t have to listen to it. That unit did the job well, but I think quieter units are in order!
We had a lovely view of the bay from the side window in the sitting area and we were located right next to the pool, but just far enough not to have to be concerned about potential noise from other guests (which was never an issue, anyway). Also close to us was the ice machine, laundry facilities (a nice plus, although we didn't use them) and a quaint grilling area (if you like to cook while on vacation ;) )
The on-property pier was fantastic!!! It was a long pier, very clean and it provided a lovely view of the bay. My little guy loved running around out there and because it was designed well, with railings on all sides, and gates, I was able to let him roam freely with no worries. HE LOVED THAT! We all also enjoyed watching the fish jump around out there. We hoped to enjoy a manatee sighting, but no luck, for us. Maybe next time.
Tradewinds Resort is in a wonderful location. It sits on the bay, although most rooms do NOT have a view, because it runs lengthwise from the street side to the bay, not along the bay. Across the street, though, about 3 minutes walking distance, is the Gulf. You can’t beat that, especially for the price!
We happened to plan to go just as the rates were dropping. We got a fantastic deal – buy two nights and get one free. Our room averaged out to just $115/night! I challenge someone to find a deal like THAT, at a place like THAT, with a location like THAT. :)
We’ll surely be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A private street of dreams in a charming old Florida beach resort. quaint Tradewinds Beach Resort, which shares the sweeping Tortuga beach, is quaint with pastel cottages that end at a fishing dock and a heated pool right on Sarasota Bay. We are pet friendly! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, EasyToBook and Hotwire so you can book your Tradewinds Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Hotel Bradenton Beach
- Tradewinds Beach Resort Anna Maria Island/Bradenton Beach, FL