“Loved this place for it's location and charm!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tradewinds Beach Resort

You added Tradewinds Beach Resort to your Saves list
Tradewinds Beach Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1603 Gulf Dr N, Bradenton Beach, Anna Maria Island, FL 34217   |
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Bradenton Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hollywood, FL
“Loved this place for it's location and charm!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2010

My husband and I traveled here for pleasure from 9-16 to 9-20 with our two year old son, Jack. We had a lovely, relaxing vacation at this adorable hotel. It was very welcoming and SUPER CLEAN.

We rented South Cottage #24 (1 br/1 bth) and it was really very charming - SMALL, but charming. In fact, its size is one of the only things I can honestly say I would change about it, except for maybe the air conditioning units. The kitchen and bathroom were quite spacious with lots of storage and all of the comforts of home; however, the bedroom was very small as nearly the entire room was consumed by the queen bed. Having said that, though, we managed to fit our son's pack 'n play at the foot of the bed with no trouble (we brought our own with us, but the hotel does offer PNP's for $10 per night) and he slept quite well. The living area was small, as well, but fine for our needs.

There were two wall mounted air conditioning units that definitely kept the place cool. As a light sleeper, though, I found them to be somewhat bothersome since they were loud, but they did not seem to bother my husband. To get around that, at night, I turned off the window unit in the bedroom and cranked the air down on the kitchen/living area unit (right outside the bedroom), so I didn’t have to listen to it. That unit did the job well, but I think quieter units are in order!

We had a lovely view of the bay from the side window in the sitting area and we were located right next to the pool, but just far enough not to have to be concerned about potential noise from other guests (which was never an issue, anyway). Also close to us was the ice machine, laundry facilities (a nice plus, although we didn't use them) and a quaint grilling area (if you like to cook while on vacation ;) )

The on-property pier was fantastic!!! It was a long pier, very clean and it provided a lovely view of the bay. My little guy loved running around out there and because it was designed well, with railings on all sides, and gates, I was able to let him roam freely with no worries. HE LOVED THAT! We all also enjoyed watching the fish jump around out there. We hoped to enjoy a manatee sighting, but no luck, for us. Maybe next time.

Tradewinds Resort is in a wonderful location. It sits on the bay, although most rooms do NOT have a view, because it runs lengthwise from the street side to the bay, not along the bay. Across the street, though, about 3 minutes walking distance, is the Gulf. You can’t beat that, especially for the price!

We happened to plan to go just as the rates were dropping. We got a fantastic deal – buy two nights and get one free. Our room averaged out to just $115/night! I challenge someone to find a deal like THAT, at a place like THAT, with a location like THAT. :)

We’ll surely be back!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

The Tradewinds Resort on Anna Maria Island is a 5 Star resort. The service is excellent. The Ambiance is Excellent. The staff is excellent. This resort is is the perfect place to relax and enjoy the Island. The location is central to all of the shops and restaurants. It is located on the beach. The facility is immaculate and the staff is there to please. It is the perfect place to relax.

My husband and I stay at the Tradewinds Resort every year for our Anniversary. We would not think of staying anyplace else.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Centerville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010

We enjoyed our three-day stay at the Tradewinds. The staff was friendly and helpful; the room was clean, comfortable and well appointed; loved the front porch and view of the bay. Hope to stay again sometime.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Bowling Green, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2010

My sister-in-law went for a overnight getaway to the beach. I found Tradewinds Resort while looking for places in Bradenton Beach. What first drew me to Tradewinds were the pictures of the cottages. They were all beachy colors, like key lime, mango, pineapple and sea blue. I just thought they were so cute. Tradewinds was also one of the few in the area that did not have a 3 night minimum stay. They allowed us to come early and enjoy their beach amenities and we were allowed to check in early as our rooms were clean. The room was very clean and so cute. Tradewinds was actually prettier than the pictures on their website. The staff from check in to check out were very helpful and just all around nice people. I would recommend Tradewinds to all my friends and am looking forward to my next visit. Linda Reeves

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Winter Park, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

Tradewinds Resort is by far one of the best vacation resorts I have had the pleasure of visiting. The intimate cottage setting was the perfect romantic getaway.

Our experience was one of exceptionally friendly staff and beautifully appointed accomodations reminicent of the Florida Keys. The beautiful and quiet surroundings made for a perfect vacation.

I loved our stay at the Tradewinds Resort. We will be back...

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2010

This was our first trip to Anna Maria Island and we loved our week stay at the Tradewinds Resort. These Old-Florida effiency units are neatly disguised as a Key-West style bungelows. Well equipped both inside and out. We were impressed by the daily beach towel exchange, use of beach umbrellas, washer and dryers on site, nicely heated pool and lounge chairs on the beach. The cottage was on the small side and the pull out could have been more comfy for the children but it was Clean and Comfy!
I would suggest a 2-bedroom for 4 adults. The staff both in the office and on the grounds were extremely helpful and pleasant. Not one complaint. We would return here in a heartbeat!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Ringwoood, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2010

My sister stumbled across this little gem on Google when we were searching places to stay in the area. Everything about this hotel is perfect. The location was ideal as it was situated on the bay but across the street from the ocean. We were able to walk to our favorite beach bar, The Beach House and enjoy the lanai in our unit upon our return. It was so peaceful and traquil here that I cannot wait to return with my husband!!

• Stayed April 2010

Been to Tradewinds Beach Resort? Share your experiences!