“great tropical getaway for families or couples” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tradewinds Beach Resort

You added Tradewinds Beach Resort to your Saves list
Tradewinds Beach Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1603 Gulf Dr N, Bradenton Beach, Anna Maria Island, FL 34217   |
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Bradenton Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
west coast florida
“great tropical getaway for families or couples”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2009

Tradewinds has landscaped their "little village" beautifully. The pool area was very well maintained and our cottage was neat and clean. The complex is family frendly and very tropical. Tradewinds location to downtown makes access to shops and restaurants easy. The island trolley stopsacross the street. The beach is awesome.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Martinsville, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2009

I love Tradewinds Resort! I stayed there for 5 days in September, on a solo getaway, and loved it so much that my husband and I went back in October! The units are well appointed and immaculate, the landscaping is beautiful and well maintained, the pool is perfect, and we loved going out on the pier and drinking our coffee in the morning and catching glimpses of the dolphins. I can't say enough about Tradewinds, except we will definitely be going back as soon as we can!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2009

When you pull into Trade-Winds resort you'll feel like you've gone back in time to a Florida before cold, impersonal high rise hotels. You'll pull up to the front door of your own little cottage, clean and tastefully decorated inside and with charming landscaping outside. There's a full kitchen, dining area, living room and a separate bedroom suite complete with a walk-in closet. Just across the street is the beach on the gulf of Mexico and at the other end of the property is a pool and pier which goes out into the intercoastal waterway. Sunrise or sunset...take your pick...or watch both. My wife and I go here every late October or early November for a relaxing weekend. You can do as much or as little as you like in the Ana Maria area. At Trade-Winds you'll feel in the heart of it all but a million miles away...almost back in time.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2009

I came back to Tradewinds because I had stayed in one before and loved it. My husband, 2 kids and I stayed in the super cozy and spacious studio (#35) just a few steps from the beach. My kids loved waking up and swinging on the wooden swing just outside the door. The bed was super comfortable, lots of drawers for clothes and hangers in the closet for your convenience along with great room service and beach towels are provided as well, daily. They also give you umbrellas and beach toys for the sand. We had 2 parking spaces in front of our studio just for us and a BBQ grill. I had all the comforts of home while enjoying a week of fun in the sun with my family and I would definitely return and highly recommend it. One last thing, fully equipped kitchen was the most convenient for me with my little ones.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Celebration, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2009

We are regulars at Anna Maria Island, having vacationed there well over a dozen times. We just stayed at the Tradewinds for the first time, and it is truly delightful. The location is perfect. The gorgeous beaches of the Gulf are across the street to the front, with the rear of the property overlooking the bay, complete with a private dock for fishing and wildlife watching. The individual cottages are painted in happy island colors, with bougainvillea or honeysuckle climbing up trellises over the porches. The interior of our cottage had lovely furnishings, a small and beautifully equipped kitchen, and a bath with elegantly thick towels and the kinds of soaps & shampoos found in expensive hotels. Bearing in mind that this is a fishing, boating and beach community, our room/cottage was absolutely spotless, with not a speck of dust nor a grain of sand anywhere. Part of the charm of Anna Maria Island is the absence of brand-name hotels. When we first started coming to the island, it admittedly took us a while to get used to the funkiness of mom-and-pop hotels with no daily maid service, and the do-it-yourself aspect of renting a house, but we comfortably sank into the laid back nature of things. So, I have to say the impecably clean, beautifully run Tradewinds caught me, pleasantly, off gaurd. I was completely taken aback when we returned from a day at the beach, to a flawlessly made-up and re-stocked room. Being used to other inns on the island, I just wasn't expecting the daily maid service, and quite frankly, it was above and beyond the services found at high end hotels. The housekeeping staff at Tradewinds is second to none, and the care and attention continues to the beautifully maintained landscape and pool area. The Tradewinds deftly weaves together first class accomodations with Old Florida beach cottage charm. It is, indeed, the best of both worlds.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Marion, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2009

Having never been to the island, we were very excited to get there. We traveled June 2009 and stayed for 5 nights at Tradewinds Resort. We were looking for an economical place that allowed us the option of having daily rates instead of weekly only rates when we found this online. When we arrived late, the office had our key waiting for us and a beautiful, clean 1 bedroom unit. We fell in love with the facility on the spot. You could have it all with a kitchen too cook in, a living area, pool, dock and a quick walk to the best beaches we have ever seen. The staff was very nice and helpful with us and made us feel like we were home. A gentleman that worked there was talking with us one morning about fishing and I told him we had never really done that and he brought us fishing poles and bucket to our place to use for the day. My children and husband had never been to the beach and being a well rounded traveller myself, I found the Gulf to be the best thing ever! We are already making plans for Tradewinds to be our yearly vacation spot. Thanks to the staff and see you next June!!! -- Ohio Travellers

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Norridge, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2009

I vacationed here with my (now) husband a year ago (April 2008) on our 1st vacation together. We agreed then that we would honeymoon here (and we did on April 19th 2009) and spend some kind of time here every year for the rest of our lives. It is quiet and there is nothing to do on the island except relax, eat, swim and soak up the sun. The staff at Tradewinds makes sure you have no worries. They take care of everything from clean rooms to suggestions for dinner. This is the absolute definition of vacation to us. He is my best friend and there is no where else I would rather be than spending time with him in a place where only we exist. The only decisions to make are where to eat and whether to go to the pool or the beach. If you want to RELAX on vacation, go to the Tradewinds on Anna Maria Island!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Tradewinds Beach Resort? Share your experiences!