“Right on the beach!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Anna Maria Island Dream Inn

You added Anna Maria Island Dream Inn to your Saves list
Anna Maria Island Dream Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2502 Gulf Drive N, Bradenton Beach, Anna Maria Island, FL 34217   |
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Bradenton Beach
Cleveland, Ohio
“Right on the beach!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

The hotel was very nice...I won't say excellent, but if you're going to spend time right on the beach,
this place fits the bill nicely. The pool is enclosed in a courtyard and is open to the sun/sky.
There were plenty of lounge chairs to relax on outside on the beach. There are BBQ grills on the patio along with several tables and chairs. The place had a more relaxed attitude as is common at beach properties. Several nice restaurants nearby, including Sharky's which happened to be across the street. We ate there and had a great meal and a very nice waiter taking care of us.
All in all, we loved the whole Island and enjoyed staying there. We'd go back again and would stay at the same hotel. Our room had a kitchenette and was small but I didn't go there to cook. It had a bedroom and two bathrooms, plus the king sized bed in the living room.
I thought since the pool might be noisy at night, but at 10pm it was always quiet.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

I chose to stay here after reading many reviews. I have been staying at the beach for many, many years and have stayed other places on this island as well. I was here for eight nights and have no complaints. Lisa was great at helping us check in. She gave us all the info we needed and her phone number in case we needed something after hours. I also want to mention she was great when I called with questions the week before I arrived. She filled our ice bucket for the beach daily, exchanged our towels when we asked and helped with any question we had. The pool and patio area is kept very clean and we saw pool cleaners 3 times while we were there. Lounge chairs are provided for the beach which is a nice perk. The beach area is beautiful. The work that was done to increase the area of beach has resulted in a beach that is spacious and you don't feel like you are sitting on someone. Parking is available and the lot is clean and the spaces adequate. The room was very clean including the bathrooms. We had a 2 BR and 2 Bath - it was spacious and the ocean view was fantastic. It was nice enough at night we could turn off the air and sleep with the sliding door open. The room was stocked with kitchen essentials, paper towels, garbage bags, kleenex and soap. Being a beach vacationer we knew to stop on our way in to the island at the Publix to get paper plates, plastic utensils, and Lysol wipes. The refrigerator in the unit was extremely clean for a rental place as was the microwave. Having the laundry available was nice too, we were able to wash our beach towels before going home. I've read some of the reviews people wrote and it seems most of the disappointment was with cosmetic things. This is a hotel on a beach so off course it will look beach worn on the outside. The room was clean and comfortable and I will definetly stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

We stayed at AMI Dream Inn for eight nights. The hotel's location cannot be beat. The pool deck, sun patio and BBQ had plenty of chairs and tables to relax outside. You can jump on the free trolley right outside the hotel, Sharky's across the street was excellent and there are bike lanes on Gulf Drive. The Publix, CVS, dollar store and beach wear stores were 5 minutes drive & the fun of Bridge Street is nearby and easily accessible on the trolley.

We stayed in a two bedroom/two bath room on the first floor. The room was clean and had all the basics stocked in the kitchen. The rental included paper products, garbage bags, dish soap/sponge & some ice trays. The hotel does not have a ice machine (that we saw), but there is a Circle K directly across the street to buy bags of ice. We would have preferred a couch, instead of a table, but the sun deck had nice chairs to relax. Very comfortable for four adults.

There are two charcoal BBQ grills and a cookout area. Friends meet us and we made friends at the hotel. Bring grill tools, tin foil, charcoal, etc. if you plan on having a cook out. There was plenty of room to set up the food on the bar & stools so everyone could enjoy.

The wifi was a little spotty, however we could get online as much as we needed while on vacation. The AC units worked well, slightly noisy, but similar to any other hotel I've stayed in. This is a not a full service hotel, and maid service is not provided daily. You can exchange your towels on a daily basis, but I would recommending bringing a few extra bath and beach towels. You can also exchange your sheets or borrow items like the vacuum to get rid of sand. There was also a coin operated laundry, $1.50 for each wash and dry.

Hopefully we will return next year, and here are some items I would take to make my stay a little more comfortable…
--Extra hangers
--Over the door hooks for wet towels/swim suits
--Plastic wear/paper plates

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

From front desk on up I suspect this place has big problems...they need to read a book about running a hotel Someone doesnt understand that keeping a place updated is a must. Probably stingy; "just fix it however you can" higher ups making the decisions. They wouldnt stay there in a room with old appliances and scratchy soap.....

• Stayed March 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Stayed in February with our kids staying at grandparents nearby. 2nd year here. Directly on white sand beach, sunset over water, heated clean pool, plenty of tables, chairs, long beach chaises. Rooms 203 and 105 were huge! The place is easy: big rooms, clean beach, clean pool. For all of this, we went back. Rather than criticize, let me simply say that IF we choose to stay there again we will ONLY do so if we bring our own soap (sink/tub/kitchen), bathmat, bath towels, beach towels, bed linens and lightweight comforter. If my parents werent nearby to provide these things, I would have been so grumpy/miserable and who needs that on vacation?
Staff is friendly and unobtrusive.

Room Tip: NO way I would get a room street-side.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Farmington, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

The little things just kept adding up to the point that I wouldn't recommend or stay at this place again. While the price is good and the view is spectacular, you can tell that this place is not being maintained. My grandparents booked room 208, and refused to stay because of the smell, carpet and outdated furniture. (The website says it was recently remodeled, the manager said they are behind on the renovations and expected it to be done 4 months ago) They were given a full refund. We stayed in 211, and the room is nice but the a/c was not working correctly and I am very glad it wasn't July when I was staying because it would have been unbearable. Here are the little things...the pot/pan handles need to be tighten, one of the lights needed to be replaced in bathroom, the glass door on the closet was cracked in the corner, the TV screen had cracked pixels, there is no screens on windows and to lock one of the windows they had a knife jammed in the track to keep it from being opened, the fridge was leaking water on the inside, two of the towels they had in the room looked like they were used and had orange stuff on them (I took them back to the front desk and got clean ones) and the beds were not comfortable at all! Yes its a beach place, this is not the Ritz, so if you go in expecting very little then it will be okay. I personally would try to book a different place. I think the girl who works during the weekday there is very nice and helpful. I would say I don't have any complaints about the staff or view. It's just the little things that added up for us that makes me say I wouldn't give this place a second try.

Room Tip: They don't tell you this at check-in, but you have to take out your own garbage and its on the s...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Came down to relax for aweek, away from snow and cold
We were in room 102- to say tired and dated is an understatement! The room is apparently one of 2 not owned by the hotel. Owners have a local real estate firm manage it. The owners would be well advided to put about $5-7,000into modernizing the place
Rusted fridge , window coverings and comforters. Door to bathrom is not closing properly. They still have and old CRT TV in the rooms! Shouldn't be the case in 2014

Beachfront is spectacular, even with the dredging opration taking place. We were a bit miffed that we were not informed of this possibility at booking. While both hotel and room owners have not got full information about timetables of such a mammoth job the responsible thing would be to inform guests in advance!

The heated pool was awesome!

All in all, we enjoyed out time there, but know it could been so much better.
This area is a gem!

Tortuga Beach Resort
Tortuga Beach Resort
#1 of 11 in Bradenton Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 751 reviews

Been to Anna Maria Island Dream Inn? Share your experiences!