“Great location for a vacation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Smugglers Cove by EVRentals

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bradenton Beach
Smugglers Cove by EVRentals
1501 Gulf Dr N, Bradenton Beach, Anna Maria Island, FL 34217   |
Ranked #8 of 11 hotels in Bradenton Beach
Chester County, Pennsylvania
“Great location for a vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Even though the resort is dated the cleanliness and courteous desk staff, plus the lovely tropical garden by the bay make up for it! Beach chairs plus umbrellas are available at no cost, plus beach towels too! The clean pool area and jacuzzi is another plus feature.

• Stayed May 2014

20 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

My friend, her son and I are in the middle of our week at Smuggler's Cove. We are enjoying it very much. The outside is very unprepossessing and looks somewhat like a 1950's motel. However the inside is fine. We have a one bedroom with a pull out couch in the living room. The kitchen has everything we need. The best part of this resort is the back, which is on the bay. The gardens are absolutely beautiful and if possible try to get a room there. You could enjoy that all day. Private beach access is right across the street and there are always plenty of free chairs. Also you can get a free beach umbrella at the office, which you can keep for the full week. Again, we are very pleased with this rental and I would love to come back to this area. I love this island!

Room Tip: Definitely try to get a room in the back with a view of the bay!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We stayed in a 2 bedroom 1 bath unit through a time share. It is a bit dated but had everything we needed. A full kitchen made saving money while eating-in worth it. We grilled steaks and fish on the natural gas grills available on the property. They have outdoor tables and a screened in eating area on the bay. Their gardens are pretty as well. The beach is right across the street. It has soft beautiful white sand. I will definitely return.

Room Tip: Bay view if you can get it.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

We stayed at the Gulf Shores Resort, which is a timeshare, that is in the same location as Smugglers Cove. The 2 bd/2ba condo was very spacious and plenty of room for 5 adults and 1 child. The rooms were decorated really nice. The pool was nice. The office staff was so nice and accommodating.

The location is great. We could walk everywhere in Bradenton Beach. We had to walk across the street to the beach, but that wasn't a big deal to us. They had lounge chairs on the beach for us to lay on. Very comfortable and the beach is really pretty.

We loved staying here and would definitely stay here again .

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Although the property is a bit dingy the natural surroundings are so spectacular that it hardly matters, on-site parking, tiny pool and adequately equipped units. The beach is across the road from the block and a bicycle is handy for sightseeing,

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Wyandotte, Michigan, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I can't quite afford to stay for a week on the beach on Anna Maria Island, but across the street was almost as good. Two adults and two children had more than enough room in the one bedroom with a pull-out in the living room. The kitchen was well equipped as we cooked breakfast for two extra adults, and transported food via supplied serving dishes to the beautiful garden overlooking the intracoastal waterway. The walk across the road to the semi-private beach area was so much easier than parking at one of the public beaches. Even when we weren't at the beach, the pool and hot tub were nice accommodations and there's even a small play structure for the children by the garden. Every staff member we interacted with was more than friendly and helpful, both on the phone and in person. Communication for setting up our stay could not have been easier. The location in relation to some of the restaurants we like is lacking, but the island has a free trolley service.

Room Tip: There are no ocean view rooms, but there are a few bay view rooms looking over the intracoastal back...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I stay at many timeshare resorts all over- this one was probably the worst.. but, that didn't make it bad. I say that because it is older & smaller than most. I was not bayside so my view had to be the worst ever. I didn't have some things that I am use to from ts rooms- like s&p, washers and dryers in the room- coffee by the pot. However, they did have a coin operated laundry room & the other things I just bought at the Publix down the road. I did enjoy the bay area. My husband caught a flounder. We had a pathway to the beach across the street and the chairs are free to use. You just grab a umbrella from the office on your way there. That was a perk that I usually don't see. The pool and Jacuzzi were never crowded during my stay, which was nice. That's the because everyone was out enjoying the nice area around. We went to Bean Point to see where the bay meets the ocean. Nice over there, but be careful where you park.. I did get a ticket, despite the sign being covered by a tree where I entered. I loved the jungle gardens in Sarasota. Loved Robinson Preserve and down the road from there, was botanical gardens if you want some beautiful pictures. The sunsets in this area can't be beat. I loved that everything was bike friendly and we did go on the Coquina Bay Walk and that area of the beach has shells. Different beaches there that are so close all had different things to offer and were all fun. I ate at the Anna Maria oyster bar.. it was good. I also ate at this place on the beach. I can't remember the name of it right now, they are remodeling. I think it was called the Beach House. Menu was selective due to the remodeling, but it was good and I had the best drink ever- called the girl scout cookie. They had a man singing when I was there and he really knew his stuff! Back to the room-- they had most utensils (not an oyster knife) but, they had everything else that I needed. The bed was really comfortable and they had all of the tv channels that I needed while there for my shows. The location was good, the room was fine, the area is awesome and there is no reason to be spending much time in the room anyway!! Oh- I didn't see a fitness center- not sure if they have one or not.

Room Tip: Bayside if you can!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Smugglers Cove by EVRentals? Share your experiences!