“Not on the beach, but we loved it” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Smugglers Cove by EVRentals

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bradenton Beach
Smugglers Cove by EVRentals
You added Smugglers Cove by EVRentals to your Saves list
1501 Gulf Dr N, Bradenton Beach, Anna Maria Island, FL 34217   |
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Bradenton Beach
Wyandotte, Michigan, USA
“Not on the beach, but we loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I can't quite afford to stay for a week on the beach on Anna Maria Island, but across the street was almost as good. Two adults and two children had more than enough room in the one bedroom with a pull-out in the living room. The kitchen was well equipped as we cooked breakfast for two extra adults, and transported food via supplied serving dishes to the beautiful garden overlooking the intracoastal waterway. The walk across the road to the semi-private beach area was so much easier than parking at one of the public beaches. Even when we weren't at the beach, the pool and hot tub were nice accommodations and there's even a small play structure for the children by the garden. Every staff member we interacted with was more than friendly and helpful, both on the phone and in person. Communication for setting up our stay could not have been easier. The location in relation to some of the restaurants we like is lacking, but the island has a free trolley service.

Room Tip: There are no ocean view rooms, but there are a few bay view rooms looking over the intracoastal back...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I stay at many timeshare resorts all over- this one was probably the worst.. but, that didn't make it bad. I say that because it is older & smaller than most. I was not bayside so my view had to be the worst ever. I didn't have some things that I am use to from ts rooms- like s&p, washers and dryers in the room- coffee by the pot. However, they did have a coin operated laundry room & the other things I just bought at the Publix down the road. I did enjoy the bay area. My husband caught a flounder. We had a pathway to the beach across the street and the chairs are free to use. You just grab a umbrella from the office on your way there. That was a perk that I usually don't see. The pool and Jacuzzi were never crowded during my stay, which was nice. That's the because everyone was out enjoying the nice area around. We went to Bean Point to see where the bay meets the ocean. Nice over there, but be careful where you park.. I did get a ticket, despite the sign being covered by a tree where I entered. I loved the jungle gardens in Sarasota. Loved Robinson Preserve and down the road from there, was botanical gardens if you want some beautiful pictures. The sunsets in this area can't be beat. I loved that everything was bike friendly and we did go on the Coquina Bay Walk and that area of the beach has shells. Different beaches there that are so close all had different things to offer and were all fun. I ate at the Anna Maria oyster bar.. it was good. I also ate at this place on the beach. I can't remember the name of it right now, they are remodeling. I think it was called the Beach House. Menu was selective due to the remodeling, but it was good and I had the best drink ever- called the girl scout cookie. They had a man singing when I was there and he really knew his stuff! Back to the room-- they had most utensils (not an oyster knife) but, they had everything else that I needed. The bed was really comfortable and they had all of the tv channels that I needed while there for my shows. The location was good, the room was fine, the area is awesome and there is no reason to be spending much time in the room anyway!! Oh- I didn't see a fitness center- not sure if they have one or not.

Room Tip: Bayside if you can!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Springfield, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We just returned from staying at Smuggler's Cove. The resort is nice if you have a view of the bay, which we did. The gardens were beautiful! It came well appointed- I was very pleased with the dishes, serving bowls, etc. The room could have been updated and could really use a washer and dryer but overall we enjoyed it at this resort. There is nothing special about Bradenton itself but the beach was a stone's throw away and the loungers that the resort set up were really nice! We could always find a lounger. The pool was nice. It was small but we were there off season and it was not as busy as high season. One of the coolest things that we experienced was that when we were swimming in the ocean two manatees swam up to us. One stayed with us for some time. It was awesome!

Room Tip: Ask to be bayside on the bottom floor. It is like you have your own garden outside your door.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My sister and I took a much needed sister vacation for a week @ Smugglers Cove. If you can't get a resort on the beach it's the next best thing, directly across the street. The free trolley that runs daily was a huge plus. We barely drove our car at all. The Anna Maria Island has a beautiful beach with beautiful sunsets. After dinner every night a nice beach walk is just what the dr calls for. I would absolutely go back to Smugglers Cove. The staff were friendly and helpful, the bed was comfortable, kitchen well stocked. No complaints

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Wirral
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We visited the smugglers Cove resort first 3 years ago and liked it so much returned the following year and purchased a weeks timeshare. It is not a top of the range timeshare resort, but the location is brilliant. For anyone that likes peace in a lovely location Bradenton is the place for you. Lots to do, if you like fishing, this area is great. Lovely restaurants around the area. Beach is great, dolphins normally seen daily. All in all a great place for a vacation. Returning again I September, can't wait.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We stayed at the Smugglers Cove through a timeshare rental. We have rented many timeshares in the past few years and really enjoyed them. This resort is average. We tried to check in a few hours early and of course couldn't. So we went and ate lunch out. On our return back the unit was still NOT ready. Very frustrating as it wastes your whole first day. Check in was to be 3 and I think we got in around 4. Not too late but anytime we have done this before on Sanibel Island or Madeira Beach we were always welcomed to come in @ noon drop our bags and used the pool or beach. Our room was older style t.v and the one in the bedroom was so small you couldn't watch it! Not enough closet space to store out bags out of the way. Towels we received on exchange mid week were smelly. The pool here is shared with another on the property (Gulf Stream) and most times there were no lounges available for use. Nicely heated and the hot tub was great. We would head over to the beach across the road and no lounges were available there either as regulars would towel block them yet were no where to be found. You could carry some other chairs over from the shed but they were so old and rickety. We didn't bring our regular beach chairs as they said it wasn't needed. The Room itself was very clean and kitchen was fully stocked with everything you need to cook. There are no balconies to sit out on. It is a converted motel. The back of the resort has a wonderful garden that has the intercoastal to view. Really nice to fish out on the deck and also watch dolphins. Gas grills are there to use and we did BBQ 2 or 3 nights. There are rooms on the back that have balconies and those would have been a lot nicer if you can get one. The beach here is gorgeous and the water crystal clear. The searays were just a foot off shore and sometime jumped out of the water. Amazing! We met some very nice people here that are timeshare owners and they made us feel welcomed. Would I stay here again? Not likely. Very disappointed in the price for this unit as other years we had 2 bedroom , 2 bath private Lanai at a top notch location (Sanibel Island) for same price and just felt this location was not worth $$$$ I picked out another location down the beach for next time!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
pa.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My wife , 12 year old Daughter and I stayed here as an RCI timeshare exchange on Thanksgiving week 2012.We really enjoyed our stay here and also enjoyed all of Anna Maria Island.The resort is older but very well kept. Our condo was very clean and decently spaced,we had a 1 bedroom with a full kitchen. on the bayside .There was a very nice tropical garden with walkways ,plenty of picnic seating and multiple gas grills for your usage ,there was a wooden pier also that you could sit on loungers on.We had a banana tree right outside our back door with bananas growing on it. there is good fishing on the Island and great restaurants.The white sand beach was right across the street,and the resort provides nice beach loungers for you which is great. Be sure to visit Bean point at the north end of the Island, it is a wide powdery white sand beach that actually looks like drifted snow,really beautiful with excellent sunsets also.There is a free trolley which will take you around the Island and this resort provided a free historic and informative tour of the Island on the trolley,courtesy of Louann who works for the resort,she'll let you know all you need to know about the Island ,where to visit and where to eat. All the people we met here were very friendly as were the staff.A lot of British and Scottish people own timeshares here and are very nice folks to get to know and talk with. We really liked it here and definitely would'nt hesitate to stay here again sometime in the future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Tortuga Beach Resort
Tortuga Beach Resort
#1 of 11 in Bradenton Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 751 reviews

Been to Smugglers Cove by EVRentals? Share your experiences!