“Great Room & professional Staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn At Boynton Beach

You added The Inn At Boynton Beach to your Saves list
The Inn At Boynton Beach
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   480 West Boynton Beach Boulevard, Boynton Beach, FL 33435 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express)   |
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Boynton Beach
miami, fl
“Great Room & professional Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2007

My wife and I stayed here just to get away for a weekend. The prices on the beach were outrageous, so we decided on the Holiday Inn Express Boynton Beach, just off I-95. Boy, were we amazed! The lobby was gorgeous and the staff that greeted us were so nice and eager to help us. Michelle, the manager on duty was so nice and professional. She gave us great directions to some good restaurants. We checked in promptly without any issues, and were given a room with a king size bed, as requested, on the first floor, also as requested. The room was immaculate and was nicely furnished. The bed was so comfortable, my wife decided to sleep in. Breakfast the next morning was fabulous. We absolutely loved the cinammon rolls. Everything from bagel, waffles, eggs, yogurt, juices and fresh fruit were all available and stocked well. At check-out, the nice lady at the front desk, Kianda, was very nice and asked us how our stay was. Overall it was very nice hotel, one that would definitely stay at again and recommend to my friends and family.

• Liked — the staff & breakfast
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2007

Flush this choice down the toilet. Room smelled of urine and smoke. Burn holes ALL over carpeting, in a NON SMOKING ROOM! Rotten baseboards, filthy carpet, ripped curtains, ohhhhh the bathroom?~ guess what we found? Urine not only on one side of toilet, but both!
Unmentionable located inside rim of toilet.

Hot water? No...manager "Chandler" said that they have trouble getting warm water in the morning and at night.
When would you like to shower?

Management declined to meet with us, instead offering up the housekeeping girl Anna. Anna was nice and professional.
I hope that she finds a new place to work.
DO NOT BOOK AT THIS HOTEL.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
expat in Switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2007

Avoid, avoid, avoid...

Even if the lodging was well run, I find $200/night for a Holiday Inn (Express) right on top of I-95 is no great travel value. (I'm not exaggerating: If my room's window was not screwed shut, I could have thrown rocks at cars on the freeway.)

All the refurbishments claimed to have been made recently somehow missed room 405 where I stayed. Old cigarette burns on the counter top in the bathroom and the desk table in the main room, frayed carpeting leading into the bathroom, dinged/banged up furniture, a bathroom door that jammed because the locking mechanism's screws no longer had any wood left in the old door to hold themselves in place. You get the picture: Shabby.

One could imaginably overlook shortcomings with the physical accommodations if the service had been decent. But the service was a slippery slope that only got worse during my four-night stay.

Having been out all day, I returned to the hotel around 10:00 PM on the second evening to find that housekeeping had taken a pass on cleaning good old room 405. So I had to go downstairs to reception, complain, and befriend the night watchman in order to secure some fresh towels.

The next morning I asked to speak the manager, Ron. Well, Ron was incredulous when I told the story and understanding when I requested one night complimentary as the hotel had effectively breached our contract by not providing the services and materials for which they were paid. We parted amicably, old Ron assuring me that he would get back to me and would do his best to get me a big discount, (although he admitted that a complimentary night might not be feasible). And we never laid eyes on each other again...

The next day the aforementioned bathroom door jammed. I managed to get it open and had a word (again) with the front desk. Sure enough maintenance came around while I was out and pretended to fix the matter by turning the screws back into their oversized holes just to come loose again. The bathroom door remained ajar for the remainder of my stay.

Coming home late the third evening I was greeted by no towels. I guess housekeeping had it out for me after getting a scolding from old Ron. So I went back on downstairs to the lobby where I bumped into my buddy the night watchman at the reception again (we were practically on a first-name basis at this point). We trucked on over again to the laundry room to scare up some towels and I told him we'd probably repeat the ritual the next night.

24 hours go by and no world from old Ron. So I ask at reception to see him. Turns out old Ron's not in but a supervisor is standing in so I ask to speak to her. Suddenly the supervisor has vanished off the face of the earth. Despite frantic phone calls and walkie-talkie transmissions, no one can seem to locate the supervisor. Ten minutes of these theatrics and it had just become too absurd.

To summarize: A dingy lodging, extremely poorly managed, expensive and a terrible travel value. You'll be promised the moon and stars, but you'll be lucky to get towels if you make friends with the night watchman.

I wonder if they ever found that supervisor.

• Liked — The night watchman.
  • Disliked — All the glad-handing with non-existent followup.
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
north america
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2006

Good loaction on I-95 a couple of miles from the ocean. The front desk staff was friendly and tried to be helpful. Rooms were average, even after a recent remodeling. A parking pass must be displayed on your vehicle each night, not sure why. I needed extra towels on a daily basis which I got, but for some reason i had to request daily instead of once. I am a platinum PC member but this had no effect on my stay. My biggest issue with this property was the breakfast. The garbage can was at capacity each day, it would have been nice if it was emptied during the breakfast hours to keep it from overflowing. The breakfast bar was not properly replentished and was hit or miss. Items would run out and the person responsible for restocking these was moving at a turtles pace. If you require decent water pressure for your shower you will be disapointed. Overall an ok place to stay but don't expect too much, especially if you pay the $145 rate which is overpriced for this property.

• Liked — The Location is central to shopping and resturants. (near mall)
  • Disliked — Room too small, should have been cleaner. Small Pool
  • Tips/Secrets — Get to breakfast bar early.
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2006

My aging parents and I recently spent a week at this most dreadful of hotels while visiting family. When booking the non-refundable rooms (no discounts either here folks), my Mother was never told about the massive renovation taking place. When we arrived, we were greeted by ongoing construction noise and traffic, poor parking, dangerous wires and equiptment strewn about, rude housekeepers knocking on doors early every morning, a breakfast buffet in the middle of construction, more wires and poor seating. The rooms were filthy, the rugs grungy underneath your feet, with cigarette burns on the countertops, rough linens, access keys that didn't work and a train blaring it's horn outside of the rooms at 3 a.m.

The manager bullied my parents when they asked to be released or discounted. I finally stepped in and got a $30 discount and apology from another manager. It being Spring break, there were no other rooms availalbe in the area. Beyond the obligatory email response, Holiday Inn has still not addressed the issue.

Beware this company's unscrupulous behavior!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2006

OMG, what a disaster. I was told that this "renovation" was to have been completed by last Summer. When I was there, there were no workers, no construction. Nothing, except for a big mess. The hotel was dirty, and not maintained.

• Stayed January 2006
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2006

I stayed at 3 Holiday In hotels in Florida in January 2006 and they range from great to poor. The main problem with this hotel in the refurbishment work, that is running late and I imagine over budget. You walk into the hotel to find a temporary Reception with Staff trying to make the best of a horrendous working conditions. You then have to walk past plastic sheeting dust grime and temporary walls to get through to your rooms. Then to breakfast after my children feeling let down by no children's channel on the room TV which was never fixed. You walk along a corridor past workmen and potentially dangerous tools to find a tiny bedroom for the whole hotel to have breakfast in with two table and eight chairs. We by chance arrived as one of thoise two tables was being vacated but the dozen or so people that came after us all ate standing up together or put afew items in a take away box and left. It was shambolic, I felt embarrised to be occuping a seat while others came and went, the staff could only apologise for the disruption but in reality the senior management should have closed the hotel until the work has been completed which will be hopefully be some time in February 2006.

Been to The Inn At Boynton Beach? Share your experiences!