“Better than average NY Deli food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Better than average NY Deli food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I'm originally from NY and I see NY attitude all over this place. It's OK with me but might be off-putting to some folks.
This was my first visit here and we had a good meal. Very tasty food, large portions, reasonably low prices.
Staff and server help need improvement. We were there at a very busy dinner time and folks were backed up to the door waiting for a table.
There was no pleasant greeting when we were admitted or when we were seated. There were 2 large parties arguing out loud about a table seating...who was first.
The bussing staff watched like hawks to clear plates as soon as they had an opportunity. I felt rushed even though we were there for the last seating.
The food was good enough to warrant a second visit. I expect to go back at an earlier time to see if the staff is less surly.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Oldsmar, Florida, United States
“Really Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I read the good reviews and it seemed as if it was a completely different place than where I experienced. I imagine that it really depends upon the time of day/week and who the server is, or isn't. I am accustomed to feeling as if the restaurant appreciates that I chose to dine with them. From the second I walked in, The hostess began listing all the rules and policies they have such as parties may not be seated until all in the party are here, no exceptions, despite the fact that we had a 4 and 3 year old who were hungry and very irritable. We finally convinced the hostess to seat us (this was an hour before close so there was no "trying to turn the table over" not that that's an excuse anyway), and ordered the kids food. Our waitress made no secret that she was annoyed that we were seated before the last 2 of our party of 8 since she was raising her voice to the hostess in front of us and the rest of the customers (place was quite packed I have to say). Then the hostess came to us as if to scold us for getting her in trouble. My father in law finally had enough and asked if they'd like us to leave at which point they simmered down a bit. One of our group ordered only soup and our server told her there was a $6.95 minimum to take the seat, are you kidding me? Food was decent, nothing remarkable positively nor negatively, though they do have authentic jewish deli fare which can be difficult to find. I can't for the life of me figure why they do such a good business unless people are immune to this type of attitude and being rushed through their meal, and they sell types of food not found nearby. It was anything but a pleasant and relaxing experience.

I don't care how stressed out you are or how many policies there are, it's unconscienable that you make it known to your patrons, the ones keeping you in business and the one from whom you're asking for a tip. This place would go out of business in a month in most other demographics if our experience was anything like others.

Will never go back.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Midland Park, NJ
“Flakowitz”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This is a class Jewish deli. Food is good, and portions are huge.
I had a cold and ordered the matzo ball soup. Could have stopped right there. I took home almost all of my sandwich, some rye bread from the basket, and had two more meals!.

Visited February 2013
“OMG!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I read the negative reviews and could not figure out why.....We just stopped to order our food to go since we had to get on the road, but the guys were very entertaining giving each other a bad time as they worked...I thought I was in New York all over again. They were absolutely never rude to any of the customers that I could see although we were only there a short amount of time. Now on to the food...I ordered the Sloppy Joe (corned beef, pastrami, swiss, coleslaw, russian dressing on rye) and my friend ordered chicken salad on a croissant. The food was to die for!! The bread was sooo incredibly fresh, and the Sloppy Joe was huge!! I have to give credit to Diner's Drive-in's and Dives. Otherwise I would have never known this place existed.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Miramar, Florida
“Oy Vay Such a Deal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

If you love New York Style Deli, this little gem is in South Florida, Do you remember the good old days of great Corn beef and even if you don't, You won't be disappointed, I ordered the matzo ball soup and Corn Beef on rye little on fatty side. WOW the best see my photos I highly recommended this place. On the way out David help me with very good service, I took out some Hamantash (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamantash) the best!

• Visited January 2013