“Coolest restaurant in Boynton. Also non chain!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 276 Restaurants in Boynton Beach
Cuisines: American, Dessert, Tapas
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Eat, drink & be comfy in this eclectic,charming restaurant where everyone that visits returns as a friend.
Boynton Beach, Florida
“Coolest restaurant in Boynton. Also non chain!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

The place is great. We have been there twice now. They have a very unique and different interior design. Generally everything seams to be unique about them. The menu, their beers, the look.

Service is great. Prices are totally average, comparable with next door places.

Excellent draft beers. I highly recommend General Zhukov for a stout.

As far as eating, the menu is a bit limited. They don't have typical stuff like burgers. Both times it took me some time to figure out what to get. However they seem to have several light choices so definitely a good place for a light dinner. Everything was very tasty though! If I were them I would throw in just a few more items like a portobello burger and a regular meat one.

We totally recommend the place! It is our new favorite in Boynton.

Boynton Beach, Florida
“Nice Different place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Last night was our first time there after trying in the past and being turned away because it was full inside ... so we made a reservation. Highly recommend making a reservation unless you want to sit outside. Speaking of sitting outside ... they have done a nice job with the outside area but it IS right by the traffic flow in a parking lot and there is no foot traffic; it's not the kind of place to see and be seen.
We ordered 2 appetizers and they were both really good, we shared a dinner and still brought home leftovers and didn't have room for dessert. The staff was VERY attentive but not intrusive; the music was enjoyable and for the most part not too loud. I read another review that mentioned price ... the menu is a little pricy for the food ... however in saying that let me say that you are not only paying for the food, you are also paying for the relaxing NO rush atmosphere and that makes the whole experience worth it. There were plenty of open tables when we went on a Wednesday evening so I don't know if you would get a different feeling if it is crowded and they want to turn tables ... we will probably be back ... I know for sure I'll take my girlfriends there for a girls night. It is just a very unique quaint little place - GREAT for date night or girls night.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
LivingRoomBoynton, Owner at The Living Room, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Thank you for your time in writing about your visit to the Living Room. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. You are also very observant in that we do not rush out tables. Most restaurants look for a 75 minute turn around ( table turns is how restaurants make money ), ours is usually 2 hours and sometimes more. We try to let the guests stay as long as they like and if we do have a reservation that has arrived for that particular table we do our best to re-locate someone so that everyone is happy. Hope to see you again and reservations Tuesday-Saturday are always suggested...lisa
florida, usa
“Relaxing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Our previous trip to The Living Room was average at best. The menu was extensive with few good choices. Nobody at our table was too happy with their selections.
But the tables have turned. A Groupon motivated us to make a return visit, and what a pleasant surprise. The menu has fewer choices, which turned out to be a good thing . The wine choices were plentiful, and my glass of house red was fine. My stuffed chicken was excellent, and my wife enjoyed her florentine crepes. The entertainment was very good. Jason, a James Taylor type, played and sang well. He accepted requests, and did a great job with S&G's "The Boxer." Later on Andy joined him, and they sang some original material together. Very enjoyable!
The service was outstanding. Robby was extremely attentive, as was her partner.
I cannot wait to return to The Lving Room!

Wexable4u

Lake Worth, Fl.

• Visited August 2012
Florida, United States
“a really enjoyable evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We had been to the Living Room one before - concept was good, food OK. This time, we were there on a Saturday night and the food had been stepped up, the menu streamlined, and the service was terrific. I had the florentine crepes, and my husband had the stuffed chicken - both dishes were quite good. We shared a dessert - more than enough for two.
The entertainment was great, a mellow singer with guitar, and the atmosphere is conducive to sitting (like a living room) and enjoying. They do not rush you out.

• Visited September 2012
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Hidden gem amongst chains.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I have been to The Living Room many, many times. On my first visit, the food was great but the service was pretty terrible. Since then, the service has improved greatly. The girls are attentive and the owners are always around. And I have also hosted a birthday party at The Living Room.

On most nights, they have a flatbread special which is usually delicious. The best being the Pear flatbread, seems strange? The cheese makes it worthwhile. The best dish being The Steak and Mushroom Pie. The meat is tender, the potatoes create a nice bed and the mushrooms are delicious. I just would recommend avoiding the Prime Rib dish...you have to order it well done, and that does not work well.

They have live music most nights and a $15 unlimited (house) wine special on Tuesdays. Check it out!